U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 03:40 PM

2,955 posts, read 6,933,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesaje View Post
Or it could be that they get a fresh and different look at the case and come up with another angle that sometimes pans out.

How many times have you not been able to figure out something after working on it really hard? Then after giving up, the solution will come to you out of the blue while you were thinking of something entirely different? Is this psychic? No, it's just that you get a fresh look and suddenly a different angle shows the solution. I believe this is the source of intuition.

If the clues and evidence weren't actually there and there all along, no conviction could ever be made for these criminals. (This is always the story line for "Medium" - she points out where to find the clues and evidence.)

It's just that when put to a real test, the so-called psychic ability doesn't work over random chance.
Yep. And I'm not attempting to defend psychic abilities.
Still, according to the psychics, they can "see" things distinctly in their minds that tell them where and how to look for clues. No actual police work - just a vision of a place.
I'm talking mainly about finding the bodies of missing people - that's all. No conviction could ever be based on the word of a psychic. But they have found some long-missing dead bodies that had completely stumped many police and scientists for years. Some consider that a real test.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2008, 04:36 PM

7,916 posts, read 17,459,044 times
Campbell34 wrote:
Quote:
Here is an interesting link on the CIA's psychic program, and what their remote viewers were able to accomplish.
It's true that the CIA had a program many years ago in the cold war and I believe that the Soviets may have had something similar. I've seen at least one documentary about it where they interviewed some of the members. The main point that should be noted though is that they shut this program down a very long time ago. The reason they did this is because they didn't feel they were getting any benefit from it. Our military and law enforcement have tried all kinds of weird things at one time or another but I think today you'd find that high tech forensics and behavioral analysis are at the forefront of solving crimes, not psychic detectives or remote viewers.

Old 04-02-2008, 02:41 AM

7,654 posts, read 10,288,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
Campbell34 wrote:

It's true that the CIA had a program many years ago in the cold war and I believe that the Soviets may have had something similar. I've seen at least one documentary about it where they interviewed some of the members. The main point that should be noted though is that they shut this program down a very long time ago. The reason they did this is because they didn't feel they were getting any benefit from it. Our military and law enforcement have tried all kinds of weird things at one time or another but I think today you'd find that high tech forensics and behavioral analysis are at the forefront of solving crimes, not psychic detectives or remote viewers.

According to Pravda the CIA used remote viewers to initiate the quest for WMD in Iraq. The groups of extrasensory individuals apparently worked without having any links with each other. One of those groups was searching for information about spying on the territory of the USA (counterintelligence), another one was dealing with identification of nuclear and other secret objects in the country of an enemy (strategic intelligence).

It was stated that the two groups achieved quite impressive results in their work.

Journalists thanked the CIA administration to exposing such interesting materials, although they did not believe that the remote-viewing project had been closed. Reporters managed to find out that the paranormal project had been handed over to the Pentagon's intelligence, the directors of which declined all comments. An anonymous colonel of the US Air Force said that the American government would eliminate the project completely only if Russia abolished it first.
CIA's remote viewers initiated quest for WMD in Iraq - Pravda.Ru (http://english.pravda.ru/main/18/90/363/14682_paranormal.html - broken link)

Old 04-02-2008, 06:42 AM

Campbell34 wrote:
Quote:
According to Pravda the CIA used remote viewers to initiate the quest for WMD in Iraq. The groups of extrasensory individuals apparently worked without having any links with each other. One of those groups was searching for information about spying on the territory of the USA (counterintelligence), another one was dealing with identification of nuclear and other secret objects in the country of an enemy (strategic intelligence).

It was stated that the two groups achieved quite impressive results in their work.
Well once we invaded Iraq we found out they didn't have any WMD's in the first place so what impressive results could groups of extrasensory individuals have found?

Old 04-06-2008, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Campbell34 wrote:

Well once we invaded Iraq we found out they didn't have any WMD's in the first place so what impressive results could groups of extrasensory individuals have found?
Well if you had read the link I had given you, you would of discovered that the first group discovered Aldrich Ames who was a KGB agent working within the CIA. America had no knowledge of his activities until the Phsyhic's pointed this out to us. Also, extrasensory individuals from the strategic intelligence unit helped the CIA find a Soviet nuclear test ground in Semipalatinsk, that involved a warehouse filled with lethal weapons, also they discovered a Chinese test ground in Lop-nor.
As I have stated before, remote viewers are not in control of the information they receive. They just pass on what they are given. The WMD's were not found in Iraq, however at one time not only did Iraq have them, they used them on the Curds, this is a matter of historical record.

Old 04-06-2008, 08:08 AM

4,349 posts, read 6,844,439 times
Quote:
June wrote:

Oh my darling, now I'm worried about you! Just think about this for a minute. If there is a number of gifted individuals in this country who actually have the ability to defy the laws of nature and somehow journey into the spirit world in order to solve crimes then they're not doing a very good job. For the record, the FBI and the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children state that they have no knowledge of a psychic ever solving a single case. The FBI doesn't use psychic investigators and they're the cream of the crop in terms of American law enforcement. It doesn't surprise me that a local law enforcement official might resort to such tactics but people who have studied the results of the psychic's abilities state that they're not able to verify any of the wild claims that are made on these tv shows. These programs are for entertainment, nothing more. If these psychics could do what they claim they'd be the most highly paid and elite unit of law enforcement in the world.

With all this talk on lust and virgins and now the verbal give and take between Montana and June 7th I am getting the psychic feeling something is going on here!!! LOL

Old 04-06-2008, 10:32 AM

3,517 posts, read 12,461,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Well if you had read the link I had given you, you would of discovered that the first group discovered Aldrich Ames who was a KGB agent working within the CIA. America had no knowledge of his activities until the Phsyhic's pointed this out to us. Also, extrasensory individuals from the strategic intelligence unit helped the CIA find a Soviet nuclear test ground in Semipalatinsk, that involved a warehouse filled with lethal weapons, also they discovered a Chinese test ground in Lop-nor.
As I have stated before, remote viewers are not in control of the information they receive. They just pass on what they are given. The WMD's were not found in Iraq, however at one time not only did Iraq have them, they used them on the Curds, this is a matter of historical record.
I would say that if the CIA did use psychics to bolster support for the war, they misled miserably. That Iraq had WMDs once is and was immaterial to the post-9-11 search for them. It certainly isn't "proof" of the psychics ability, rather it shows how they give an answer that the questioner is looking for. The CIA looked like fools after the invasion which showed how very weak Saddam really was - just as the UN weapons inspectors said. (I really thought they would plant them)

Oh, and I think you mean Kurds. Curds are clotted milk.

Old 04-06-2008, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesaje View Post
I would say that if the CIA did use psychics to bolster support for the war, they misled miserably. That Iraq had WMDs once is and was immaterial to the post-9-11 search for them. It certainly isn't "proof" of the psychics ability, rather it shows how they give an answer that the questioner is looking for. The CIA looked like fools after the invasion which showed how very weak Saddam really was - just as the UN weapons inspectors said. (I really thought they would plant them)

Oh, and I think you mean Kurds. Curds are clotted milk.
And yet the world body as a whole believed they did have such weapons. That is a fact. And the psychics did have detailed facts on other issues that were not popularized yet true, and those facts would be proof of the psychics ability. And as I have stated before, the Bible strongly condems the use of psychics because the Bible describes the spirits in use, as lying spirits. And it would be natural when you consult with the occult that such spirits objectives would be to lie and deceive. And of course to make those who depend on them look like fools. What they do, is often give a few prophecies that are true, and that is how they bait the unsuspecting. Then they hit the participants with the big lie, which often is the lie that counts, and lie that can change the course of world history. Here again, the American government ignored the warnings of the Bible.

And yes, I did mean Kurds, thank you for the correction.

Old 04-06-2008, 11:23 AM

cncracer wrote:
Quote:
With all this talk on lust and virgins and now the verbal give and take between Montana and June 7th I am getting the psychic feeling something is going on here!!! LOL
Well we have become very good friends and we've met in person but unfortunately I live in Nashville and she lives in the Northeast. She's a very interesting person and I've even become friends with her dog Misha.

Old 04-06-2008, 03:01 PM

4,349 posts, read 6,844,439 times
Quote:
cncracer wrote:

Well we have become very good friends and we've met in person but unfortunately I live in Nashville and she lives in the Northeast. She's a very interesting person and I've even become friends with her dog Misha.

Friends are good, but I was having more fun letting my mind go wild . Both of you have some good thought provoking post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal