Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2018, 03:13 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,790,281 times

Advertisements

OK this is really weird and some of y'all might think I'm crazy but most of the time I'm fine, I swear.

The situation is that i"m getting ready to move in a couple of days. Like most folks I have too much stuff and I had a closet stuffed with clothes and the out of season clothes were stored in another closet in another bedroom. One day I was pulling them out to decide what to keep and pulled out my most favorite shirt first and was very dismayed to see that it had a huge blood stain on the sleeve. Another shirt next to it had a big blood stain as well. They were both on hangers in the closet and there was no other blood to be found anywhere. I am quite positive that I was not bleeding profusely when I hung them up so I can't for the life of me figure out where that blood came from. I doubt a mouse could've gotten up there but the amount of blood was about what would bleed out of a a mouse. I know for sure it was blood and I tried to get it out with hydrogen peroxide but it had been there too long and didn't all come out. I figure that if I had been bleeding unnoticed when I put the shirts away there might have been a drop or two of blood but not that much.

About a month later I was pulling out things for a garage sale and there was a 1/2 gal drink container...a cooler like container that had no other way to get into except to take off the very securely fastened lid. I was dismayed to find a great deal of blood in there but could not figure out how anything might have gotten in. I poured out the contents into the grass (Ugh!) and there was a lump about the size of a mouse but it was no longer obvious what it might have been--whatever it was had liquified. What made this strange is that in my experience, dead animals don't bleed, they dry up.

It's kind of a crazy story isn't it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2018, 05:53 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
I think you're talking about something like a plastic Igloo thermos, right?

There's nobody else living in your home? Have you had any workers coming and going - even if it was years ago?

Old 06-29-2018, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I think you're talking about something like a plastic Igloo thermos, right?

There's nobody else living in your home? Have you had any workers coming and going - even if it was years ago?
Yes that is what i'm talking about. I haven't had anyone in for awhile and I could swear I used that thing last summer but I could be wrong. I live alone and don't **** anyone off I swear. I have never felt that this place was haunted but you never know.

Old 06-29-2018, 07:20 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
I've had random things appear in my home when my kids were away in college but never anything as gruesome as what you're describing.

I'm more inclined to think you had workmen in who did this. I know you could swear you used the thermos last year, but I find memory is not always as reliable when it comes to time as it is when it comes to other things.

I guess you'll never know, which is probably the frustrating part for you.

Old 06-29-2018, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I've had random things appear in my home when my kids were away in college but never anything as gruesome as what you're describing.

I'm more inclined to think you had workmen in who did this. I know you could swear you used the thermos last year, but I find memory is not always as reliable when it comes to time as it is when it comes to other things.

I guess you'll never know, which is probably the frustrating part for you.
Yes I can see what you all mean by the workmen theory but that thermos was mine. And why would they leave me a thermos full of blood? Again, the stuff got foamy when I put hydrogen peroxide on the stain it left on my driveway. I know what you mean about memory and time but I've lived here 5 years so it's happened within that time period.

This thing is starting to freak me out...like have a developed a multiple personality or something?

Old 06-30-2018, 02:34 AM

11,021 posts, read 5,976,518 times
Unless blood dries it rots and doesn't stay red and stinks real bad, so it must necessarily have been fresh blood.

A mouse does not produce a lot of blood by the way.

Old 06-30-2018, 05:00 AM

88 posts, read 59,271 times
Hi Stepka,

Without investigation it is weird, i've heard of blood appearing during paranormal evenings, however haven't experienced myself, please tell us if it happens again, for now put out of your mind.

https://www.spiritualresearchfoundat...various-items/

Only use link for casual reading, i have no connection.

Old 06-30-2018, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
Unless blood dries it rots and doesn't stay red and stinks real bad, so it must necessarily have been fresh blood.

A mouse does not produce a lot of blood by the way.
Yes that was another really weird thing about it...There was about a cup of liquid in that container but perhaps there was water in there too when the animal died, if it was an animal. I poked around and it was a lump but nothing recognizable...no bones, no fur, no teeth, as you would expect if an animal had died in there. The liquid that came out of the container was dark red like blood and it ran over my driveway so I cleaned it up with hydrogen peroxide. And yes it was stinky! One thing that occurred to me is that it might have stayed red b/c of the anaerobic environment of the container. I have no idea if there is a connection between these two events except that I found them within a month apart. I'm sure glad my sis opened that igloo before sticking it in the garage sale!

Old 06-30-2018, 08:30 AM

24,097 posts, read 32,443,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
OK this is really weird and some of y'all might think I'm crazy but most of the time I'm fine, I swear.

The situation is that i"m getting ready to move in a couple of days. Like most folks I have too much stuff and I had a closet stuffed with clothes and the out of season clothes were stored in another closet in another bedroom. One day I was pulling them out to decide what to keep and pulled out my most favorite shirt first and was very dismayed to see that it had a huge blood stain on the sleeve. Another shirt next to it had a big blood stain as well. They were both on hangers in the closet and there was no other blood to be found anywhere. I am quite positive that I was not bleeding profusely when I hung them up so I can't for the life of me figure out where that blood came from. I doubt a mouse could've gotten up there but the amount of blood was about what would bleed out of a a mouse. I know for sure it was blood and I tried to get it out with hydrogen peroxide but it had been there too long and didn't all come out. I figure that if I had been bleeding unnoticed when I put the shirts away there might have been a drop or two of blood but not that much.

About a month later I was pulling out things for a garage sale and there was a 1/2 gal drink container...a cooler like container that had no other way to get into except to take off the very securely fastened lid. I was dismayed to find a great deal of blood in there but could not figure out how anything might have gotten in. I poured out the contents into the grass (Ugh!) and there was a lump about the size of a mouse but it was no longer obvious what it might have been--whatever it was had liquified. What made this strange is that in my experience, dead animals don't bleed, they dry up.

It's kind of a crazy story isn't it?
Yes. It is.

I know you from around the forum and you do not come across as a "crazy person". This is very, very weird and I do believe you.

I am very interested in the paranormal and I have never heard of anything quite like this. Huge blood stains on two blouses - that really unheard of. Of course you would have remembered a profuse bleeding event that occurred not one - but two times!!!

I also thought of field mice. We live near a small wooded area, and occasionally, a mouse gets into our house and meets up with one of our cats. It's disgusting, but as you said, they dry up and there is little blood involved. Any way, how and why would two small rodents climbing up the sleeve of two blouses and suddenly explode there. The logistics, and quantity of blood do not add up.
The small animal theory just doesn't hold water - or should I say - blood?

The next thing that happened to you is truly revolting, strange and abnormal. Finding a 1/2 gallon container of BLOOD anywhere, is just bizarre.

Why would any normal human being keep a half gallon of BLOOD around? How would an animal get into the container by itself? Did you recognize the container as your own? Again, a mouse could not produce that amount of blood. The idea that many small mice will enter a container of their own free will, is also not realistic.

I'm going to ask a couple of people more knowledgeable than I, if this is a paranormal event that they are familiar with, because it is beyond my scope of knowledge.

I will also do some research.

Even if it isn't paranormal, it's creepy as all hell.

Old 06-30-2018, 12:30 PM

11,021 posts, read 5,976,518 times
sheena12, the volume of liquid was about a cup.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
Yes that was another really weird thing about it...There was about a cup of liquid in that container but perhaps there was water in there too when the animal died, if it was an animal. I poked around and it was a lump but nothing recognizable...no bones, no fur, no teeth, as you would expect if an animal had died in there. The liquid that came out of the container was dark red like blood and it ran over my driveway so I cleaned it up with hydrogen peroxide. And yes it was stinky! One thing that occurred to me is that it might have stayed red b/c of the anaerobic environment of the container. I have no idea if there is a connection between these two events except that I found them within a month apart. I'm sure glad my sis opened that igloo before sticking it in the garage sale!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal