U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2018, 07:15 AM

17,823 posts, read 14,119,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
I look at the different types of humans, the different colours and the different bodily characteristics and I see quite a few different species of humans. The characteristics are so different that, if we were other animals, I think we would have been classified into other species.

So, I think it is perfectly possible we were 'seeded' by ET as the gardener and it is our arrogance and ego which does not allow us to see what should be obvious.

Why would they seed and not conquer? When you think of the distances between stars; this is not a Sunday drive. It also does not make any sense; like humans and having all of our eggs in the one basket (earth). Earth dies and we die; forever. If we were to travel so far would we not want to colonize so others could follow or so we could someday come home and repopulate the Earth? This idea of benevolent zoo keepers, wasting their fuel and lifetimes traveling around the universe, simply does not sound logical.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2018, 09:37 AM

21,062 posts, read 6,080,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Why would they seed and not conquer? When you think of the distances between stars; this is not a Sunday drive. It also does not make any sense; like humans and having all of our eggs in the one basket (earth). Earth dies and we die; forever. If we were to travel so far would we not want to colonize so others could follow or so we could someday come home and repopulate the Earth? This idea of benevolent zoo keepers, wasting their fuel and lifetimes traveling around the universe, simply does not sound logical.
Its unlikely their motive would make any sense or seem logical to us. I have to imagine its above our ability to comprehend.

Old 07-23-2018, 10:31 AM

2,784 posts, read 1,057,178 times
The meaning of life? I guess its meaningless to those who wont live it. I can understand feeling like an ant, but we are the only ones who can change that feeling. A meaningful life is not a gift bestowed on the lazy and imagination less. Like anything else meaningful, it requires work and passion. I wouldn't expect to sit in an easy chair with a remote in my hand and have a meaningful life drop into my lap.

I can imagine even an ant feels his life has purpose, and therefore meaning. He certainly works hard, and his actions are so purposeful that it would be vanity or folly to claim he is a mindless drone.

The clichés range from "Life is what you make of it" to "Go for the gusto!" I guess you could say we are born a blank canvas, and our life is what we create on that canvas. I would imagine each life has meaning to each individual. I wouldn't expect my life to necessarily hold any meaning for you.

ET farming me? If so, it wouldn't be for anything immediate to this planet. If there is an ET allowing us to be what we are, I don't think he has any immediate plans for us. He may be watching, but it might be with the same curious fascination that I would watch a colony of ants.

Have you read about Karma and The Wheel of Life? In essence, perhaps we keep redoing it until we get it right. Perhaps we even make sure to flub something up on our way out so we can be assured of doing again. It is said that even the gods envy a mortal's life.

Last edited by ComeCloser; 07-23-2018 at 10:40 AM..

Old 07-23-2018, 02:29 PM

8,462 posts, read 3,819,338 times
We are a virus that infects this rock we're on and desperately wants to find a way off the rock so we can go infect other rocks. We become ever more complex so that we can figure out how to get off this rock and travel to other rocks without getting ourselves killed. We must spread!

That's the physical side of it. The spiritual is a completely different story. Can a virus have a soul?

Old 07-23-2018, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Its unlikely their motive would make any sense or seem logical to us. I have to imagine its above our ability to comprehend.

To all life on Earth survival is the number one goal. It is only realistic to think that survival would be an alien's number one drive to leave their world.

Old 07-23-2018, 06:04 PM

4,542 posts, read 4,033,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser
ET farming me? If so, it wouldn't be for anything immediate to this planet. If there is an ET allowing us to be what we are, I don't think he has any immediate plans for us. He may be watching, but it might be with the same curious fascination that I would watch a colony of ants.
Unless we are an experiment for more intelligent beings who are scientists. They would be curious how the experiment is going but would not interfere due to ruining the experiment. Occasionally I suppose they might, to avoid a particular disaster which would disrupt the experiment but we dont know what the experiment is all about do we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye
To all life on Earth survival is the number one goal. It is only realistic to think that survival would be an alien's number one drive to leave their world.
ONLY if there is one life and we do not remember the others. There are kids all over the world who remember previous lives and there are hypnotic and other techniques such as the Christos Experiment, which allow us to investigate other lives too. The Tibetan Budhists choose leaders by evidence of past life rememberance. As soon as reincarnation becomes a reality, then survival does not become so important as spiritual progression and release from reincarnational cycles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye
You do not seem to accept the current scientists view that space-time can be 'bent' to jump between 'surfaces'. If this is true, then ET can easily move huge distances between galaxies with little trouble. No point colonizing a planet which has been contaminated beyond belief when you have so many other virgin planets out there to choose from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully
That's the physical side of it. The spiritual is a completely different story. Can a virus have a soul?
Are there electrical currents associated with life? Yes, so why not ? Electrical or some other field which we have not discovered. Size is not important.

Old 07-23-2018, 09:14 PM

Quote:
ONLY if there is one life and we do not remember the others. There are kids all over the world who remember previous lives and there are hypnotic and other techniques such as the Christos Experiment, which allow us to investigate other lives too. The Tibetan Budhists choose leaders by evidence of past life rememberance. As soon as reincarnation becomes a reality, then survival does not become so important as spiritual progression and release from reincarnational cycles.

Some people have believed in reincarnation for thousands of years; but it is not widely accepted. Why would it become reality now? If you go to Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reincarnation) you will see under the reincarnation research; that not all has been proven. There are other explanations for many of the cases.

That said; what does it have to do with the living's quest to survive? People do not go around and stick their fingers in fire and the same can be said of all life. Self preservation is our strongest driving force.

Quote:
You do not seem to accept the current scientists view that space-time can be 'bent' to jump between 'surfaces'. If this is true, then ET can easily move huge distances between galaxies with little trouble. No point colonizing a planet which has been contaminated beyond belief when you have so many other virgin planets out there to choose from.
Yes; we have all seen the demonstration in a science fiction movie where the 'scientist' fold the paper and shoves the pencil through both sheets. But where is that reality? Even if we do find that wormhole; there is no proof that we would magically appear on the other side in one piece. Listen; I loved the science fiction TV program "Stargate SG I". It was well written but that does not make stargates reality.

Old 08-02-2018, 01:15 AM

185 posts, read 55,065 times
Quote:
Several people have proposed that we are nothing but farm animals in some huge experiment for some ET scientist race, and this is our purpose in life - to be a lab rat.

Religions and beliefs have sprung up as a result of various encounters with the ET race, taking a sample here or doing a bit of weeding there.

To me this seems the most likely scenario and our sad little daily life is no more than a kids ant farm, each "ant" just doing its thing and being an "ant". Although we dont live underground, we go to work. We build our structures the same, we interact with other 'ants' the same, we collect our food the same and we wage wars the same. As above, so below.

What else could describe the meaning of our sad existence here on Earth?

Ahh sweet mystery of life, at last I have found thee

Tis love and love alone the whole world yearns for
And tis love that bids me hom

Ahh sweet mystery of life

(Not my poem, and I am NOT using copyrighted poems or words, never have never will. Im just quoting the poem of someone else because they need to hear it In MY OPINION.... whoops, I have to claify this or its a violation I presume)

Research and find that poem and find LOVE and who created Love and who is LOVE and your animal farm will disappear.

IHS

David

Old 08-02-2018, 03:50 AM

4,542 posts, read 4,033,500 times
Quote:
find LOVE and who created Love and who is LOVE and your animal farm will disappear.
Love is an emotion and so no-one created it and no-one is it. If you are trying to be religious here, then address the whole point of the OP rather than that. Tell me... how will my animal farm disappear based on non-religious beliefs?

Old 08-02-2018, 11:01 AM

185 posts, read 55,065 times
Quote:
Love is an emotion and so no-one created it and no-one is it. If you are trying to be religious here, then address the whole point of the OP rather than that. Tell me... how will my animal farm disappear based on non-religious beliefs?
Actual Im talking about down to earth realities, if someone wants to make their depression and ant farms disappear, try LOVE, as the poem stated. If you say love is too unreal, mysterious, and too spiritual and too unbelieveable and possible, so be it. Your choice, but if your ant farm remains, I did give you a possible out...

..... as LOVE makes ant farms in our minds disappear, IMO ....as love is possible and makes depression go away and those little critters disappear.. IMO and in the opinion and experience of many others....

Love is very down to Earth and can get literally down to Earth in its union.. IYKWIM.....

But your choice...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal