Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2018, 03:11 AM

6,931 posts, read 6,864,193 times

Advertisements

I am sure there are many people on this forum who have an opinion on, or know what the 'astral' (or other realities) look like. Many people on this forum seem to receive impressions from 'guides' etc, so I assume they have questioned their helpers on what conditions are like. There are also books which describe the conditions in the astral and what happens there.

However, to me, they pretty much all seem to be described as different.

Why would that be? If there was a real place where spirits live and people go, both when they die and when they astral project/OOB travel, then you would have expected the folks who can do that should be describing the same place, or at least the same place but a different view of it. From a different perspective perhaps. Does this mean it is all made up or does it mean it is a collective imagination?

A couple of books I have read have described this place almost totally different from each other. So, do we think that this 'place' is what you believe it will be like? Why isn't there a consistent description of it or at least parts of it? Most NDEs do tend to describe a tunnel, its true, but what after that?

Another thing is that different people report a different number of 'levels'. Some say 7 levels and some say 4 and some religious books say a different number altogether. Occult groups have their own descriptions and what goes on at each level.

I think the people who write the books and report these things are genuine in their beliefs but no-one seems to have questioned why things are so different as described by different groups of experiencers.

What do we think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2018, 12:32 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,016,112 times
I had what I THINK was an astral travel experience. I went to a place I'd never seen before. It was actually, a scary experience, and it scared me off of ever trying it again.

I don't have a problem with the idea of different people calling it different things, or describing things differently... If indeed astral travel takes you to a different plane, maybe it's like traveling here on THIS plane.

For example, if I traveled to San Diego, and then described my experiences and what I saw, it's going to be a lot different than when you traveled to the Grand Canyon, and describe YOUR experience. We went to 2 different places.

Also, I'm not convinced that astral travel always happens "on another plane". I think maybe we can (with practice and experience) direct where we go, and we can go anywhere we want, on this plane of existence.

And my last thoughts on the subject... I am no kind of expert at all. I'm not even positive what I experienced WAS astral travel...but from what I've read, I THINK that's what I experienced. One thing that irks me when I read about it, are all the buzz words people use...and it makes me wonder if they actually experienced it, or are they parroting what other people say, and want people to think they're so special in some way. (shrugging my shoulders.)

Old 08-12-2018, 12:02 AM

4,934 posts, read 3,309,602 times
To OP you might look at StudioArcanis and the AstralPulse site and a few Reddit but then maybe you are allready there.
There are plenty of books on Astral Travel/Astral projection.Also Monroe books. Some people have certain natural ability.

Not special no way...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal