Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2018, 01:10 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,583,782 times

Advertisements

https://mysteriousuniverse.org/2016/...og-headed-men/

Ive been reading a bit on this, and find it strange these beings are mentioned or referred to so often. Not sure what to make of it. Opinions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2018, 01:31 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,234,949 times
We consider them in the BF area of identification. In the south,mid south mid west and upper mid west there a these critters that have varied faces.They also have a foot different than a BF.

Old 07-02-2018, 01:48 PM

3,299 posts, read 3,023,195 times
I'm scared to death of Dog Men, especially because a) they've allegedly been encountered not too far from where I live and b) Big Foots (Feet?) are supposedly terrified of them. I really don't want to run into anything that would scare a Big Foot.

Old 07-02-2018, 06:03 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,939,418 times
I'm about an hour and a half away from Lake Geneva, WI where the Beast of Bray Road sightings occurred. I go up there three or four times a year for weekend getaways. One night I drove the length of Bray Road -- it's not that long -- and although I didn't see anything and Bray Road looks like an ordinary country road, it did have a creepy vibe to me (though part of that was no doubt the stories). Although it's surrounded by farms, heavily wooded glacial moraines (piles of rubble left when the glaciers melted) are not far off to the north.

Stories of dog headed men (the cynocephali) go way back - see:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cynocephaly

In fact, St Christopher is depicted in some Orthodox icons with a dog's head; one of the stories about him is that he was one of the cynocephali that converted to Christianity. From the medieval Irish Passion of St. Christopher: "This Christopher was one of the Dog-heads, a race that had the heads of dogs and ate human flesh."

An upright canid doesn't fit anywhere in the existing taxonomy of life, and there's no precedent in the fossil record for such a thing. So if they're more than mistaken identity or myths passed down over the centuries, they're not something that's Life As We Know It. Call them demons, if you will - or transdimensional beings, which is what I think we tend to label demonic manifestations these days.

Years ago, I told a young lady at church about the Beast of Bray Road. She and a couple of friends were up in the general area one night on a vacation, and got out on the side of the road to look at the stars. A pickup truck stopped behind them (scary enough) and the guy told them they didn't want to be stopping alone on that road. He started talking about UFOs and the dog men - which freaked them out and they got the H. out of there.

Old 07-02-2018, 09:19 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,234,949 times
Parallel Dimensions.

Old 07-03-2018, 01:56 AM

5,092 posts, read 14,827,960 times
Many Evolved Cynocephali live among us.

Their dog heads have evolved into human faces, but they still have the brain of a dog.

Your next door neighbor may be one.

If you feel an urge to sniff your neighbor's butt,

You may be one.

Old 07-03-2018, 08:06 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,881,675 times
I've always wondered what inspired the Dogs Playing Poker series of paintings. The beings known as...DOG MEN

Old 07-03-2018, 08:20 AM

49 posts, read 44,468 times
There is an Internet radio program called "Dogman Encounters Radio." It's entertaining, but most, if not all of those folks are out and out liars.

As far as dogmen being real? I seriously doubt it but I do love to hear stories about such things.

Old 07-03-2018, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
We consider them in the BF area of identification. In the south,mid south mid west and upper mid west there a these critters that have varied faces.They also have a foot different than a BF.
It seems like most of the reports come from the upper midwest, WI, MI having the most. Linda Godfrey has documented quite a few encounters over the years, according to a large majority of the descriptions Ive read from witnesses, it really sounds like these people saw something akin to a werewolf, in that they appear to have intelligence greater than a normal canine, but as far as I know one has never attacked or killed anyone.

There was in incident in my hometown about 15 yrs ago outside a bowling alley one night, where a group of people described seeing something with a canine/wolves head and a large 'mane', it stood about 9ft tall, but ran off when the ladies screamed, a small gas station next door caught something on its security cams, but its not clear, it ran very fast, but a few of the people that work at the police dept said whatever it was, it had a 'messed up face' and a lot hair in the neck and shoulder area. This was the only such incident.

Im not so sure there really are werewolves in the way movies depict them, but I also believe there are things out there we do not understand or know about.

Old 07-03-2018, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
I'm about an hour and a half away from Lake Geneva, WI where the Beast of Bray Road sightings occurred. I go up there three or four times a year for weekend getaways. One night I drove the length of Bray Road -- it's not that long -- and although I didn't see anything and Bray Road looks like an ordinary country road, it did have a creepy vibe to me (though part of that was no doubt the stories). Although it's surrounded by farms, heavily wooded glacial moraines (piles of rubble left when the glaciers melted) are not far off to the north.

Stories of dog headed men (the cynocephali) go way back - see:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cynocephaly

In fact, St Christopher is depicted in some Orthodox icons with a dog's head; one of the stories about him is that he was one of the cynocephali that converted to Christianity. From the medieval Irish Passion of St. Christopher: "This Christopher was one of the Dog-heads, a race that had the heads of dogs and ate human flesh."

An upright canid doesn't fit anywhere in the existing taxonomy of life, and there's no precedent in the fossil record for such a thing. So if they're more than mistaken identity or myths passed down over the centuries, they're not something that's Life As We Know It. Call them demons, if you will - or transdimensional beings, which is what I think we tend to label demonic manifestations these days.

Years ago, I told a young lady at church about the Beast of Bray Road. She and a couple of friends were up in the general area one night on a vacation, and got out on the side of the road to look at the stars. A pickup truck stopped behind them (scary enough) and the guy told them they didn't want to be stopping alone on that road. He started talking about UFOs and the dog men - which freaked them out and they got the H. out of there.
I dont think they are connected to UFOs in anyway, I have heard that theory a number of times though, if that were true, i think we would see more reports from other areas.

I kind of think it may an old curse or something, and only a handful of them or less exist, or there was some kind experiment near that area long ago and they were the result.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal