U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2018, 09:59 AM

22,281 posts, read 6,525,060 times

Advertisements

I got this idea after reading the Dec 2017 article about the Pentagons secret $22 million UFO study and the related thread on this board.

The article mentions a Pentagon briefing after the project ended, that goes into detail about the identification of the recovered metals and other materials from UAPs, which were stored at Bigelow Aerospace. They concluded that our military would not be able to defend against such technology if it was used against us.

Im not sure how to go about finding out the number or briefing ID for that particular document?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2018, 05:51 PM

5,956 posts, read 4,608,406 times
In May, Elizondo discredited the alien alloys story in a MUFON journal article; the culprits behind the hoax? Reporters at the NY Times:

https://ufoseekers.com/2018/05/11/uf...l-alloys-hoax/

Old 07-15-2018, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
In May, Elizondo discredited the alien alloys story in a MUFON journal article; the culprits behind the hoax? Reporters at the NY Times:

https://ufoseekers.com/2018/05/11/uf...l-alloys-hoax/
I was referring to the statements by Harry Reid and Robert Bigelow. If the project ended, the briefing should clear it up anyway, if it was a hoax, there would be nothing to hide or keep from the public then, and that briefing could be released thru FOIA.

I talked to a lawyer friend of mine today about this, he asked me if i really wanted to open this can of worms, once my name and personal information is on the FOIA request, I will be on their radar so to speak!

Old 07-15-2018, 12:39 PM

68,790 posts, read 64,169,950 times
In general, the answer to your question can be found on the appropriate website for the agency to which you want to make the inquiry.

I did not work for the federal government, but I know that almost every public agency has its FOI contact information somewhere on its website.

Old 07-16-2018, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
In general, the answer to your question can be found on the appropriate website for the agency to which you want to make the inquiry.

I did not work for the federal government, but I know that almost every public agency has its FOI contact information somewhere on its website.
Do you think they would release this document if I requested it?

My worry is that, this is the Pentagon, so I may get the old 'for reasons of national security' rejection, or they will want an arm and a leg for the document (Ive seen other FOIA requests where they charge around $20K!)

Old 07-17-2018, 05:47 PM
Status: "Currently experiencing a state of excited delirium" (set 11 days ago)

23,664 posts, read 24,944,936 times
ask Alexa, there's obviously a direct link seeing that is who is installing the devices in your homes

Old 07-17-2018, 06:40 PM

2,278 posts, read 1,039,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post

I did one once and this sounds correct. It was a while ago and I don’t remember exactly. There wasn’t that much to it from my limited recollection but I remember that I was required to pay a fee if the request generated more than a certain number of pages, exceeded a certain amount of time, something like that but can’t remember what exactly. I just remember I was pissed because I was doing it to get information for my employer and they didn’t want to pay for it. I ended up paying out of my pocket.

Old 07-17-2018, 09:36 PM

68,790 posts, read 64,169,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Do you think they would release this document if I requested it?

My worry is that, this is the Pentagon, so I may get the old 'for reasons of national security' rejection, or they will want an arm and a leg for the document (Ive seen other FOIA requests where they charge around $20K!)
Oh no, I haven't seen where anyone asks that much, but I don't know much about the federal process.

Yes, even the agency I worked for had to review each request and sometimes denied release for security reasons or other reasons, such as an active procurement in process that would be affected by releasing the information.

But, you won't know until you ask, and if there is a cost to you, they will let you know that up front.

Old 07-18-2018, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesLucid View Post
I did one once and this sounds correct. It was a while ago and I don’t remember exactly. There wasn’t that much to it from my limited recollection but I remember that I was required to pay a fee if the request generated more than a certain number of pages, exceeded a certain amount of time, something like that but can’t remember what exactly. I just remember I was pissed because I was doing it to get information for my employer and they didn’t want to pay for it. I ended up paying out of my pocket.
I found the actual title of this report, who created it and who it was created for, it is 490 pages long and kept within the Defense Dept.

I spoke with a relative that has been a JAG for roughly 15 yrs about this last night, he warned me NOT to even request this document. He doubted they would release any part of it, due to the implications ( I could take that to any media outlet) and it is basically solid proof that the US govt DOES have extraterrestrial material in its possession and has done some testing, R&D on them, enough to create a report that concludes our military would not be able to defend against such technology anyway.

I know how to request it and what to request now, so Im going to think about it for a little while, Im not sure Im ready for any negative retaliation!

Advice, comments, suggestions on if I should go thru with this???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal