U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2018, 08:55 AM

88 posts, read 36,783 times

Advertisements

We mustn't inflict Cleopatra with the morality of the 21st Century, from our standpoint we could say she was "A Boil a Bunny Girl", incest was standard in Egyptian royal circles, she did murder brothers and sisters to become Pharaoh of Egypt, and she did play a deadly poker game with the most powerful empire in the world during her era and used sex to bring Julius Caesar and Mark Anthony under her spell, sadly her card luck run out!

She was also a patriot, and although being Greek, she knew many dialects, really did think she was Isis on Earth, and thought that the gods of Egypt were the only true gods....

It would be interesting if she sneaked Sirius/Isis into the Julian Calendar at New Year, wouldn't it, but we would have to find the location of where she did it? The Egyptian Calendar started in the Summer with Sirius rising with the Sun.....but this doesn't happen in the Winter, as 1st January was used.

The Greeks used SUNSET previous as start of the day, so as i am an astronomer i looked up the Nile to the great cities of Memphis near Cairo, Alexandria and the ancient capitol of THEBES, now called LUXOR.
It isn't unusual to use sunset previous to Gregorian date, Israel does, and i will show the Florentine Calendar on link below:-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florentine_calendar

It is highly likely that Cleopatra slipped in Sirius/Isis under the nose of Caesar for there is a cosmic alignment in Thebes, on diagram on private members download you will see two pictures for 31st December 0046 BC, one shows the East where Sirius is rising, the other shows the West where the Sun is setting along the horizon at 17:19 pm.

Very clever Cleo.

Please tap on image under this thread section, to make larger please tap several times.
Attached Thumbnails
Archaeoastronomy and beliefs hidden in our calendar.-picture-6.png  
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2018, 09:54 AM

5,851 posts, read 4,546,031 times
Interesting read, as always. Ah -- I have to ask: are you the Jack of All Trades D. H. Smith? You seem to have a book or two in you waiting to get out.

Old 07-19-2018, 06:24 AM

Hi Vasily,

You are probably right, however i love researching more than writing books, however i have now more chance of writing them, but when i come out of a nursing home after breaking my spine, i'm paralysed so that should keep me writing, it isn't easy to do anything else ha ha!

On Thursday, next week i am having an operation, so will not be writing here for a while, but i will be back!

Commenting on the Julian Calendar, the year before the start was 445 days long, so within reason 1st January could be placed to fit the Sirius Alignment.

Sirius isn't the only star used for day marking, the other is Alnilam, which is the Osiris star in beliefs, it is the center star of the Belt of Orion, link below:-

Orion's Belt: Stars, Facts, Location, Myths | Constellation Guide

Sirius is mentioned in the Quran 53:49, link below:-

The Quranic Arabic Corpus - Translation

Pyramid text and verse regarding Osiris and Belt of Orion below:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ATeHR5Cb_0

Old 07-19-2018, 08:14 AM

So i must get started on the Gregorian Reform of the Julian Calendar that is the same that took out errors of the original, it is far more interesting but perhaps more controversial!

THE GREGORIAN CALENDAR REFORM, WHY NOT EARLIER?

In 325 AD at the Council of Nicaea, they knew that the Julian Calendar was too long, as in Julius Caesar's era, the Vernal Equinox was falling on 25/24th March, and by 325 AD it was falling on 22nd March approx., regardless of the slip, they fixed the date of the church's use of the date, even though the calendar was gaining a day every 128 years....so why didn't they rectify the problem, all the hard work had been done, only some slight tinkering was needed?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Council_of_Nicaea

The Venerable Bede, the English Scholar, who lived from 673-735, noted that the Vernal Equinox had slipped 3 days from the traditional fixed date, he complained to the Vatican, as many monks were....but the Julian Calendar remained without adjustment? Please note that an accurate Vernal Equinox was needed to work out Easter. Indeed at a time that religion was everything, imagine going to church for Sunday Mass when it was a Wednesday really!

Roger Bacon worried that religious functions were being celebrated on the wrong day, like Easter and Christmas, and the calendar wasn't hard to put right, they knew that the Vernal Equinox was slipping 3 days every 400 years, yet the Julian Calendar stayed in place for over 1600 years, with the error in place.
Perhaps the Vatican was waiting for a special alignment to January 1st to arrive due to appear, Precession takes centuries for stars to move slightly!!!!!

OFFICIAL HISTORY

The motivation of the Catholic church in 1582 in changing calendars was that the Julian Calendar was too long and getting outof step with the defined seasons, further to this they wanted to calculate Easter
as defined and agreed at the first Council of Nicaea in 325 AD, which is now Iznik in Turkey. The council defined that the Spring Equinox would be fixed on 21/22 March, this means that the Sun crosses the Equator from South to North around this time each year. Easter was defined to occur after the next full Moon and picking the appropriate Sunday, however by 1500 AD, the real Equinox had slipped back to 11th March.

From the start of the Julian Calendar, a leap year day had been added every 4 years, amounting to 100 days every 400 years of 365 days. When the Gregorian Calendar was constructed only 97 leap year days were added every 400 years. To prevent future misalignment, leap year days were subtracted from some starts of the century divided by four, for example 1600 was a leap year but 1700, 1800 and 1900 were not, thus the calendar we follow today is far more accurate, and only needs an extra adjustment of one day in 3,225 years (26 seconds out of true in a year.)

In 1563 the Council of Trent approved a plan for calendrical errors- this required the Spring Equinox to be restored to that held at the First Council of Nicaea.

The Last day of the Julian Calendar was 4th October 1582 in Rome, after which 10 days were taken out, making the next day 15th October 1582, later we will examine why this day was chosen!

I'm getting tired, i will continue tomorrow.

Old 07-19-2018, 05:46 PM

5,851 posts, read 4,546,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Smith View Post
On Thursday, next week i am having an operation, so will not be writing here for a while, but i will be back!
Best of luck with the operation, Derek.

Old 07-20-2018, 11:47 AM

Hi Vasily,

I thought i would go off-topic, to show the huge amount of deliberate Sirius alignments there are, so...

A) I have only been a member for a short while, there are a huge amount of members on these forums.
B) It is by luck that Vasily debates with me on this thread of many.
C)Few give a location like Vasily being Illinois
D) It would be interesting if by that measure if i could show something interesting about the statehood of Illinois!

Statehood and admission to the Union happened on December 3rd 1818, link below:-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illinois

But Springfield wasn't the Capitol during that time, Kaskaskia was, so i will have to align the astronomy to this location:-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaskaskia,_Illinois

Although statehood happened on 3rd December 1818, the alignment i will show is Egyptian Day Marker, on 2nd December at Sunrise at location, this means it lasts to sunrise on the 3rd Dec. Therefore applies to actual date.

I haven't all the answers why secret societies align to Sirius and Alnilam, possibly they believe these places are heaven, perhaps link below could give some answers:-

https://www.gaia.com/article/star-sirius-and-egypt

The star map on private members download below shows the reverse code of Cleopatra, this time "As the Sun rises along eastern horizon, Sirius sets in the West". Harry Potter beliefs with Sirius Black Ha Ha!
Please tap on image below, and tap several times to make larger:-
Attached Thumbnails
Archaeoastronomy and beliefs hidden in our calendar.-picture-7.png  

Last edited by Derek Smith; 07-20-2018 at 11:55 AM..

Old 07-21-2018, 07:39 AM

So time to write more about the Gregorian Calendar, and the people involved.

ALOYSIUS LILIUS (1510-1576)

Aloysius Lilius is one of two people that is credited with their work on the Gregorian Calendar, who was an Italian doctor and astronomer, very little is known about his early life, other than he came from Calabria, he studied medicine in Naples, and lectured in medicine at the University of Perugia . He wrote a manuscript titled "Compendium of the new plan for the Restitution of the calendar", however the reform of the calendar didn't occur until 6 years after his death, when his brother Antonio presented the manuscript to Pope Gregory XIII.

CHRISTOPHER CLAVIUS (1538-1612)

Christopher Clavius was a German Jesuit mathematician and astronomer being the main architect of the modern Gregorian Calendar, he was the most respected astronomer in Europe. Clavius joined the Jesuit order in 1555, he attended the University of Coimbra in Portugal, in 1579 he was assigned to compute the basis for a reformed calendar that would stop the the slow process in which the church's holidays drifting relative to the seasons of the year.

After 4th October 1582 when 10 days were taken out, so the next day was 15th October, riots broke out with Roman people, holidays, birthdays and other anniversaries were now officially reset 10 days later.

This was confusing to people who were afraid the saints may be upset, some continued for a while observing Julian dates. The new calendar firmly established 1st January as the beginning of the year, many countries had been celebrating New Year on a number of dates, which was chaotic, including 1st March, 25th March, 1st May, 1st July, 1st November and 25th December!

POPE GREGORY XIII (1502-1585).

Pope Gregory XIII was born with the name of Ugo Boncompagni, in Bologna, he studied law and graduated in 1530, he was summoned to Rome by Pope Paul III, and held a number of appointments as first judge of the Capital and vice-chancellor of the Campagna, later he was created a cardinal priest and sent to the Council of Trent by Pope Pius IV. He also served as a legate to Philip II of Spain, being send to investigate the Cardinal of Toledo, and during that time formed a lasting relationship with the Spanish King, which was important during his foreign policy as Pope.

Pope Gregory's foreign policy was directed to the dangers from the Protestants, and was involved with Philip II's plan to dethrone Elizabeth I of England, during this period he outfitted adventurer Thomas Stukeley with a ship and an army of 800 men to land in Ireland to aid the First Desmond Rebellion, hoping to overthrow Elizabeth's rule, this and the Second Desmond Rebellion were unsuccessful. Another embarrassing moment for the Papacy was "The massacre of Huguenots" in France, although it isn't clear if he was involved in any way.

In Rome he had built the Gregorian Chapel in the Basilica of Saint Peter's, he appointed his illegitimate son, Giacomo, Castellan of Saint Angelo and Gonfelonier of the church, and Philip of Spain, General in the army. Pope Gregory XIII died in 1585 and was succeeded by Pope Sixtus V.

There is no doubt that Pope Gregory XIII would have known when he decreed that the last minute of the Julian Calendar would be 23:59pm on 4th October 1582, that Sirius was rising in the East in Rome, being the last salute to the calendar that was started in Egypt by Cleopatra, Julius Caesar and Sosigenes over 1600 years earlier.

I will continue as i can.

Old 07-21-2018, 09:46 AM

Obviously previous calendars had been calculated by sunrise or sunset, so why did Pope Gregory choose "midnight" as start of the day?
One reason was clocks were getting better, in 1577 the minute hand was invented by Jost Burgi for Tycho Brahe, an astronomer who needed an accurate clock to track stars, the clock face has twelve numbers, so midnight become fashionable, link below:-

Clocks: Time Telling Instruments - Hours And Minutes Australia - Australia's First-Of-Its-Kind Leading Online and Print Watch Magazine / Tabloid

There was another reason, that i will explain later, for taking ten days out of the Calendar also changed 1st January 1583!

Please see astronomy picture on private members download, tap on picture then tap several times to make larger for calendar change date and last minute of Julian Calendar at 23:59pm on 4th October 1582, in Rome, with Sirius rising in the East.
Attached Thumbnails
Archaeoastronomy and beliefs hidden in our calendar.-picture-8.png  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal