U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2018, 12:47 PM

5,232 posts, read 4,179,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You could contact Weiss or hypnotherapists in your area to ask if hypnotherapy is covered in any insurance plans he knows of. You could also call your insurance company, to ask if therapy done via hypnosis is covered. You might also Google around, to see if the issue of insurance companies covering hypnotherapy has come up as an issue, like acupuncture has. The health insurance industry may feel that hypnotherapy is an "experimental" modality without proven consistently effective results.
Here's the statement from my insurer (Cigna) on hypnotherapy:

https://www.cigna.com/individuals-fa...s-aa119292spec

Many plans do cover hypnotherapy - but the provider needs to be a medical or mental health professional, not a layperson who went to "Billy Bob's Learn Hypnosis Fast!" school. That's the difference between hypnosis (which anyone can learn to do) and clinical hypnotherapy.

The second stumbling block is review by the insurance company: They'll only cover under a policy if a treatment is deemed medically necessary. Wanting to see who one was in a past life would not be deemed medically necessary - neither would hypnotherapy associated with self improvement (like to increase one's confidence as a public speaker). Here's Cigna's discussion of medical necessity:

https://www.cigna.com/health-care-pr...ty-definitions
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2018, 04:06 PM

84,434 posts, read 77,616,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
Here's the statement from my insurer (Cigna) on hypnotherapy:

https://www.cigna.com/individuals-fa...s-aa119292spec

Many plans do cover hypnotherapy - but the provider needs to be a medical or mental health professional, not a layperson who went to "Billy Bob's Learn Hypnosis Fast!" school. That's the difference between hypnosis (which anyone can learn to do) and clinical hypnotherapy.

The second stumbling block is review by the insurance company: They'll only cover under a policy if a treatment is deemed medically necessary. Wanting to see who one was in a past life would not be deemed medically necessary - neither would hypnotherapy associated with self improvement (like to increase one's confidence as a public speaker). Here's Cigna's discussion of medical necessity:

https://www.cigna.com/health-care-pr...ty-definitions
That makes sense, Vasily. Thanks for this important info.

Old 08-18-2018, 10:28 AM

84,434 posts, read 77,616,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paymonsback View Post
I don't believe in PLR or Hypnotism as portrayed as some trance like state. One thing I always noticed is how everyone is some Roman emperor or prince. No one is a crap cleaner. You don't hear of I mucked the streets of horse crap or was a baker. Its always some grandiose story. Seems to me to feed ego not a basis of reality.
Actually, that's not true. That's just the popular stereotype, to make fun of it. There are plenty of cases where someone recalled being in the middle of a war of some sort, and being killed in battle, just a regular Joe warrior or soldier. Or farmer. Or whatever. It sounds like you're confusing bona fide hypnotherapy/past life regression with the psychics' schtick of clairvoyantly (supposedly) telling the client they were someone important in a past life. Those are two very different, completely unrelated things.

Old 05-19-2020, 10:56 AM

19,790 posts, read 24,955,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidjayjordan View Post
May I suggest, brethren that you NOT think your problems came from your past and buck up in the present by getting serious with what you do know and what you do know about your past that you do remember.... quite looking for excuses and look for answers...

The white coats do not represent science or laws, just theories and sometimes much much worse.... be wary, be discerning.... and quite blaming others, focus and right ship. Dont overly blame yourself, get beyond that and go forward... forget your heritage as if that determines your future. Bloodlines and past experience do NOT have to dictate your future. Break away and be FREE

IMO

David
How Christian of you. Can you hear Jesus Christ telling someone to "buck up"?

I am a Christian, but the loving, caring kind. Not the judgmental, condemning, hellfire and brimstone type.
Those people are "Christian" in name only.

I am secure in my Christianity. Secure enough to be able to explore and enjoy other belief systems without fear.

What did the apostle Paul say about fear?

1 John:4 16-18.

Last edited by sheena12; 05-19-2020 at 11:04 AM..

Old 05-20-2020, 05:31 PM

3,709 posts, read 3,619,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krb212 View Post
I also just finished Weiss’ book and am interested in having a hypnotic session for myself. Does insurance cover it? I looked under hypnotherapist and they had no providers (HIP). I
If they do not cover you then check out the "Christos Experiment" which does the same kind of thing as regression therapy.

You will need another couple of people who are also interested and they facilitate and 'guide' you, so you need to trust them. I haven't done it but it may be worth investigating and some academics have written on it notably from Edinburgh University, Scotland I believe.

I have posted links to this in a couple of other posts.

Old 05-21-2020, 06:03 AM

12,950 posts, read 14,454,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidjayjordan

May I suggest, brethren that you NOT think your problems came from your past and buck up in the present by getting serious with what you do know and what you do know about your past that you do remember.... quite looking for excuses and look for answers...

The white coats do not represent science or laws, just theories and sometimes much much worse.... be wary, be discerning.... and quite blaming others, focus and right ship. Dont overly blame yourself, get beyond that and go forward... forget your heritage as if that determines your future. Bloodlines and past experience do NOT have to dictate your future. Break away and be FREE

IMO

David

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post

I am a Christian, but the loving, caring kind. Not the judgmental, condemning, hellfire and brimstone type.

I am secure in my Christianity. Secure enough to be able to explore and enjoy other belief systems without fear.

Hmmm..I liked his post, and agree with it.

All this past life stuff (imo) is just another form of escapism. I like how he put emphasis on present accountability.

Old 05-21-2020, 06:43 AM

12,807 posts, read 21,477,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post

FYI — poster hasn’t been back for two years.

Old 05-29-2020, 08:59 AM

19,790 posts, read 24,955,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
FYI — poster hasn’t been back for two years.
Oh well. His words remain and still annoy. So do the constant skeptics and those who demand that "Scientific Method" be applied to that which is not scientific.

It never ends.

I can't imagine the uproar if Christians, Jews, or Muslims were attacked in the Religious forum.

I wish they didn't get their kicks this way. Maybe I'll post in psychology? That might be best.

Old 05-30-2020, 03:39 AM

3,709 posts, read 3,619,772 times
Some people say that we actually get to choose the kind of environment we get to be birthed into on Earth. This is so we can have the best possible chances of learning the lessons we need to learn.

Of course, you have to believe in reincarnation to believe that and Christians dont. However, in my opinion, it makes far more sense than a one-time one-chance lifetime.

Old 05-31-2020, 08:44 AM

10,698 posts, read 11,915,729 times
Of course it's safe. What possible harm could come to you from imagining things that never happened?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal