U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2020, 08:00 PM

3,709 posts, read 3,620,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
What possible harm could come to you from imagining things that never happened?
Well Jack, and how would you know that they never happened? Could it be just a belief perhaps?
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2020, 07:56 PM

14,659 posts, read 14,545,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
This something I always wanted to do. I am very aware and believe e it is possible I do not think my conscience mind would allow me to let go enough to get their. I once went to a psycho therapist who said I would be relieved of my back pain after one session. needless to say, i never went into a semi conscious state and I got nothing out of it at all. Is it possible that I simply cannot go under? I have listened to YouTube videos that show you how to do it. They never worked. I think my mind will not give up being in control.
I have not gone to intentional sessions for this, however it has happened spontaneously.
when I was around 45 i was in a severe car crash with multiple injuries, the most serious of which was a double whiplash as a result of my vehicle impact to both the front and rear of the vehicle, so my head and neck were thrown backwards, and then forwards hitting the steering wheel and and steering column. I could not move and remember medics having to physically remove me from the vehicle and strap me to a board, and then put in the ambulance to go to the ER.

Anyway i work in healthcare and i have seen people literally never recover from the injuries i had, but just get progressively worse, neck pain, back pain, spiraling downward, surgeries, and become quite debilitated. I also knew that for the specific trauma, the earlier it could begin to be treated, the better recovery outcome there was. So i was intent on beginning to receive treatment right away from someone who knew how to treat severe whiplash and neck injury which was in an extremely acute state (many practitioners would not touch it) and were willing to work on me.

Fortunately i lived in a town that trained practitioners and included as part of their curriculum a clinical treatment protocol specific to severe whiplash. So their were people in the area who had learned this, but were still not wanting to work on someone as injured as i was. I probably talked to about 14 different providers and finally found one who said she would see me, and then decide from there whether to continue treatment.

Anyway i received treatment from her for about a year. I was going 4 times a week when we started (which was 72 hours post injury, basically as soon as i got out of the hospital), for months, then 3 times a week for months and months, then finally twice a week, and then after a year we were at about weekly. This was for whiplash treatment, which is not fun and relaxing like massage, it is muscle specific work much of it in the anterior neck region. Many clinicians will not even touch the anterior neck, they are too squeamish. This provider was good, and the clinical treatment she had been taught was effective, and i was pleased and relieve that i could see progress and improvement in range of motion and reduced pain.

Regarding the spontaneous past life regressions, they happened on the treatment table, and they lasted typically about 15 minutes each time. Over the course of the year of treatment this happened about 24 times.

They were very specific, and consistent in what was showed each time. I was shown (like seeing a picture in a book) a specific part of my body, and what caused my death that lifetime, what weapon was used (i did not even know what some of them were, then i was told) for instance one time it was a small round metal ball and i was wondering what the heck is that and was told "musket ball." and the precise point of entry and exit, for instance one was a wooden shaft (something like a spear) that went in the left side of my neck angled down and exited out my right side rib area.

It was quite fascinating. I knew from work in health care about trauma being stored in the body, and that it can cause pain, and there are healing modalities that release the stored trauma, and this facilitates healing. It seemed to be that was going on, only these were incidents from previous deaths. There was no emotional component to it at all, it was not disturbing, more like just very interesting.

So basically each and every one showed the weapon (spear, musket ball, pitchfork, dagger, for instance) and where it entered my body and it was clear they had caused my death. they were all in the area of my neck, torso, ribs, back. after several of these i jotted them down because it was, well, interesting.

my sense of past lives is the parts that are relevant to this life or important for me to know in this life will surface on their own and they are related to something that is going on my life in the here and now. Their utility and therapeutic value is as a tool to address or heal something in my current life. For me it was the car injury, and the connection of value to me was being shown trauma was being released (yes, from past life injuries) and this helped my healing in the present.

I regained full mobility and healed 100%, I am very happy to say.

So be aware of your motive or intention in seeking this out specifically. it can be a big distraction. basically consider "what's the point" "why am i doing this" and be as honest as you can with yourself in examining and answering that. It can also help if you have an intention. This can help provide benefits in whatever treatment or sessions you seek. For instance if you have a phobia it can be "help me understand this fear of ___" "help me understand and heal from this grief" "help me understand the cause of this pain and how to release it". something along those lines. that can increase the therapeutic result and benefits of whatever modality you use.

i was not interested in learning anything more about any of those lives (or deaths). I did not seek out anything else except i did look up to find out what in the heck is a musket ball. the pitchfork death i was crouched hiding in a pile of hay in a barn and had dark colored skin and i was a young girl who was a slave.

i have received a lot of bodywork over the years in a variety of therapeutic modalities, and some therapists mention from time to time bits of what they note, most do not, it is not needed for the session and can be a hindrance. But several have mentioned "there is a lot of death energy in your neck and throat." That was well before the car accident, but it corroborates what i "saw" during my whiplash treatments.

Old 06-05-2020, 03:01 AM

12,962 posts, read 14,457,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
Of course it's safe. What possible harm could come to you from imagining things that never happened?
I took this as sarcasm.

( Pardon me if I'm in error. )

I personally would never trust anyone claiming to be proficient in hypnotism. Or pay them $$, ffs

LOL

Old 06-05-2020, 03:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
I have not gone to intentional sessions for this, however it has happened spontaneously.
when I was around 45 i was in a severe car crash with multiple injuries, the most serious of which was a double whiplash as a result of my vehicle impact to both the front and rear of the vehicle, so my head and neck were thrown backwards, and then forwards hitting the steering wheel and and steering column. I could not move and remember medics having to physically remove me from the vehicle and strap me to a board, and then put in the ambulance to go to the ER.

Anyway i work in healthcare and i have seen people literally never recover from the injuries i had, but just get progressively worse, neck pain, back pain, spiraling downward, surgeries, and become quite debilitated. I also knew that for the specific trauma, the earlier it could begin to be treated, the better recovery outcome there was. So i was intent on beginning to receive treatment right away from someone who knew how to treat severe whiplash and neck injury which was in an extremely acute state (many practitioners would not touch it) and were willing to work on me.

Fortunately i lived in a town that trained practitioners and included as part of their curriculum a clinical treatment protocol specific to severe whiplash. So their were people in the area who had learned this, but were still not wanting to work on someone as injured as i was. I probably talked to about 14 different providers and finally found one who said she would see me, and then decide from there whether to continue treatment.

Anyway i received treatment from her for about a year. I was going 4 times a week when we started (which was 72 hours post injury, basically as soon as i got out of the hospital), for months, then 3 times a week for months and months, then finally twice a week, and then after a year we were at about weekly. This was for whiplash treatment, which is not fun and relaxing like massage, it is muscle specific work much of it in the anterior neck region. Many clinicians will not even touch the anterior neck, they are too squeamish. This provider was good, and the clinical treatment she had been taught was effective, and i was pleased and relieve that i could see progress and improvement in range of motion and reduced pain.

Regarding the spontaneous past life regressions, they happened on the treatment table, and they lasted typically about 15 minutes each time. Over the course of the year of treatment this happened about 24 times.

They were very specific, and consistent in what was showed each time. I was shown (like seeing a picture in a book) a specific part of my body, and what caused my death that lifetime, what weapon was used (i did not even know what some of them were, then i was told) for instance one time it was a small round metal ball and i was wondering what the heck is that and was told "musket ball." and the precise point of entry and exit, for instance one was a wooden shaft (something like a spear) that went in the left side of my neck angled down and exited out my right side rib area.

It was quite fascinating. I knew from work in health care about trauma being stored in the body, and that it can cause pain, and there are healing modalities that release the stored trauma, and this facilitates healing. It seemed to be that was going on, only these were incidents from previous deaths. There was no emotional component to it at all, it was not disturbing, more like just very interesting.

So basically each and every one showed the weapon (spear, musket ball, pitchfork, dagger, for instance) and where it entered my body and it was clear they had caused my death. they were all in the area of my neck, torso, ribs, back. after several of these i jotted them down because it was, well, interesting.

my sense of past lives is the parts that are relevant to this life or important for me to know in this life will surface on their own and they are related to something that is going on my life in the here and now. Their utility and therapeutic value is as a tool to address or heal something in my current life. For me it was the car injury, and the connection of value to me was being shown trauma was being released (yes, from past life injuries) and this helped my healing in the present.

I regained full mobility and healed 100%, I am very happy to say.

So be aware of your motive or intention in seeking this out specifically. it can be a big distraction. basically consider "what's the point" "why am i doing this" and be as honest as you can with yourself in examining and answering that. It can also help if you have an intention. This can help provide benefits in whatever treatment or sessions you seek. For instance if you have a phobia it can be "help me understand this fear of ___" "help me understand and heal from this grief" "help me understand the cause of this pain and how to release it". something along those lines. that can increase the therapeutic result and benefits of whatever modality you use.

i was not interested in learning anything more about any of those lives (or deaths). I did not seek out anything else except i did look up to find out what in the heck is a musket ball. the pitchfork death i was crouched hiding in a pile of hay in a barn and had dark colored skin and i was a young girl who was a slave.

i have received a lot of bodywork over the years in a variety of therapeutic modalities, and some therapists mention from time to time bits of what they note, most do not, it is not needed for the session and can be a hindrance. But several have mentioned "there is a lot of death energy in your neck and throat." That was well before the car accident, but it corroborates what i "saw" during my whiplash treatments.
Ok, I gotta agree. Physical traumas/illness/injury/deformity/etc..., this is definitely where past life stuff gets interesting.. In the matters of Health & Medicine.

I have a book titled "Where Reincarnation & Biology Intersect" and it studied all these cases of people, young and old, who recalled past lives and had physical markings almost to prove it.

Truly remarkable stuff.

Thanks for sharing, glad to hear you are healed and feeling better!!

Old 06-05-2020, 07:05 PM

Yes, excellent post Tzaphkiel. I dont think we realise how much past trauma is stored in our bodies.

Louise Hay wrote a number of books on the subject, probably the most famous is You Can Heal Your Life. She related areas of the body with various conditions.

The book Where Reincarnation and Biology Intersect is by Ian Stevenson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D217
I personally would never trust anyone claiming to be proficient in hypnotism. Or pay them $$, ffs
I bet you would if it was from someone who was a doctor or other authority figure. Everyone seems to trust doctors to know what they are doing, but not some others who have had many years of experience. However, it just means that you will not get any benefit from the modality because you wont even try it. It is your choice of course.

Quote:
All this past life stuff (imo) is just another form of escapism.
Christians do not believe in reincarnation anyway as far as I know, so of course some people such as yourself would consider it rubbish. However, there is another view of the whole thing, which is to believe that it makes little sense to have only one life and then when you die, be transported onto a cloud waiting for Jesus to come and collect you. It makes far more sense to have multiple lives which are lived so that the spirit (the real us) can evolve towards its creator.

Actually, it is not escapism, as it is generally used to resolve issues which effect this life and often health conditions or emotional issues. Resolving these are always a positive step in the right direction, so however it is achieved, it is worthwhile and has a very real effect on the current life situation.

Last edited by ocpaul20; 06-05-2020 at 08:20 PM..

Old 06-06-2020, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post

The book Where Reincarnation and Biology Intersect is by Ian Stevenson.

I bet you would if it was from someone who was a doctor or other authority figure. Everyone seems to trust doctors to know what they are doing, but not some others who have had many years of experience. However, it just means that you will not get any benefit from the modality because you wont even try it. It is your choice of course.

Christians do not believe in reincarnation anyway as far as I know, so of course some people such as yourself would consider it rubbish. However, there is another view of the whole thing, which is to believe that it makes little sense to have only one life and then when you die, be transported onto a cloud waiting for Jesus to come and collect you. It makes far more sense to have multiple lives which are lived so that the spirit (the real us) can evolve towards its creator.

Actually, it is not escapism, as it is generally used to resolve issues which effect this life and often health conditions or emotional issues. Resolving these are always a positive step in the right direction, so however it is achieved, it is worthwhile and has a very real effect on the current life situation.
While I'm totally pro-God, I have no background in Christianity, so I tend to take more of a psychological approach to things..

And from that perspective ~ a patient in dire need of healing, yes, I can absolutely see where this type of therapy could be helpful. No question.

As far as it being "escapism" I still believe that it is - but mostly in regard to it being used/misused for entertainment purposes for profit. $$$

Old 06-06-2020, 06:44 PM

2,385 posts, read 893,746 times
No - too many variables. What is your reason behind wanting to do this? How would you benefit from looking backwards in time?

Hypnotism involves the power of suggestion. We can talk ourselves into just about anything, and so can whomever is serving as your 'mindmaster' for the suggestions.

Old 06-09-2020, 02:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post
No - too many variables. What is your reason behind wanting to do this? How would you benefit from looking backwards in time?

Hypnotism involves the power of suggestion. We can talk ourselves into just about anything, and so can whomever is serving as your 'mindmaster' for the suggestions.
Too many demons under the bed I guess. However, the demon you want to watch is the media which 'tells' us what we should be doing, watching, eating, thinking...
I bet you would deny that you are influenced by any of it - which is just what they want. They want to influence your purchasing or world views and not realise they are doing it.

As with everything - Let the buyer beware. So you go to a reputable hypnotist otherwise you get what you deserve.

Self-hypnotism on the other hand, is very useful and can help all of us fulfill our true potential if we use it properly. I suspect we all need to modify our habits and procedures in some way.

Old 06-10-2020, 05:06 AM

5 posts, read 430 times
A Theosophist once told me that once you are regressed to a past life, the Karma due from that life will affect you in this one.

Old 06-13-2020, 10:16 PM

14,587 posts, read 3,937,147 times
I've been regressed by a psychic and I've also regressed two ex-boyfriends. Very emotional. Somewhat traumatic depending on the past life, so you have to be mentally prepared, as if for a lucid nightmare. Most past lives are boring, though, like most current lives!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal