U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2018, 10:06 PM

5,445 posts, read 4,718,080 times

Advertisements

We have already had one thread on MH370 closed because of the argument between Calguy and OldGuard. Maybe they can learn from past experience and not continue to argue about something which has been said already in the other thread. Unless one of them wants the thread closed and then it is up to the other to stop arguing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teak
Anyway, there have been a lot of theories thrown around concerning MH370. There was supposedly a shipment of lithium batteries on board. (Not likely since lithium batteries are banned by most countries for air transport.) There was a large contingent of Chinese from one particular company. Two people were flying on fake passports. And etc. But pilot suicide is the most likely.
* In this thread we have a link to the report released in July 2018. At least read the summary so you are more informed. The report goes into great detail about the batteries and the mangosteens. Both items do not appear to be a problem and they even did tests to find out if mangosteen juice got into the batteries, would it cause any problems. No problem found.
* We have discussed the Chinese and the company they worked for.
* We have discussed the 2 fake passports and it is also in the report.
* As far as I remember, the report examines the health of all the flight personnel and no health problems were found - either mental or physical.
* Pilot suicide is speculation not based on anything. It is NOT most likely.
Rate this post positively

Old 08-03-2018, 10:57 PM

7,434 posts, read 9,128,094 times
In all the threads on this cd site about MH370, I don't recall anyone asking other members this question.
With all the speculation floating around, not only here on this, and other forums, and in the media,What do you honestly think/believe happened to the aircraft, and it's passengers?
Everyone knows my answer to that question, so let's hear from the rest of you.

Bob.

Old 08-04-2018, 05:40 AM

5,170 posts, read 3,824,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
In all the threads on this cd site about MH370, I don't recall anyone asking other members this question.
With all the speculation floating around, not only here on this, and other forums, and in the media,What do you honestly think/believe happened to the aircraft, and it's passengers?

Bob.
It crashed.

Old 08-04-2018, 06:31 AM

18,362 posts, read 15,053,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
It crashed.
I would add that it seems pretty obvious that the pilot was involved in that crash. Most pilots do not have the luxury of taking their 748's on a little sight seeing tour of their home town. It doesn't sound like something a hijacker would do or an alien. It does sound like something a suicidal airplane pilot would do!

PS I just looked up the average first officer pay for Malaysian Airlines and it is between RM9,146 ± RM17,009. the conversion rate to US dollars is: .24565. so that would mean that the pilot was paid a maximum of $6,425/year USD (probably less) with maybe a slight bonus for productivity. It would be interesting to see if the pilot had any debt.

Last edited by fisheye; 08-04-2018 at 07:00 AM..

Old 08-04-2018, 06:20 PM

90,653 posts, read 86,805,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
I would add that it seems pretty obvious that the pilot was involved in that crash. Most pilots do not have the luxury of taking their 748's on a little sight seeing tour of their home town. It doesn't sound like something a hijacker would do or an alien. It does sound like something a suicidal airplane pilot would do!

PS I just looked up the average first officer pay for Malaysian Airlines and it is between RM9,146 ± RM17,009. the conversion rate to US dollars is: .24565. so that would mean that the pilot was paid a maximum of $6,425/year USD (probably less) with maybe a slight bonus for productivity. It would be interesting to see if the pilot had any debt.
Interesting!

Old 08-04-2018, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Interesting!

It would also be interesting to see if he had any life insurance!

Old 08-04-2018, 10:51 PM

5,445 posts, read 4,718,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisheye
You will probably find this amount is a good salary for the country, regardless of what it equates to in the USA. Although there is a crew profile section (page 431), There are no financial details (pay, debt,credit cards, etc) in the report, as far as I noticed.

From the report:
page 253 gives the cargo manifest.
Freescale had 6Kg of 'vehicle electronic chips'
Agilents Technologies had 646Kg of 'electronic measurements'
Grolier - 2250Kg of 'scholastic books'

36x previously (page 262) together li-ion batteries and mangosteens in the cargo on the same flight.

page 431 of the report (evidence of previously mentioned stress tests)
Quote:
The radio-telephony communications conducted by the PIC and the
FO with the Air Traffic Controllers revealed no evidence of anxiety or
stress detected in the conversations
(my bolded)

As I understand it, some of the Air Traffic Controls did not have real-time positional data but used 'projected' or estimated positional data. This wasted time in determining the plane was lost and in calling for military intervention. However, somehow I feel that there are probably (spy) satellite technologies which are not being disclosed by superpower countries and that they probably know what happened or where the plane went. I feel that it would be inconceivable that a plane or any aircraft could approach land from any direction and not be detected anywhere on the Earth. I mean, the USA (and probably Australia too) has THAAD radar system which can reach over the horizon for 2900 miles and above atmosphere detection of missile-sized objects.

Link 1 THAAD
Quote:
* 27 January 2007 Success FLT-06. Intercepted a "high endo-atmospheric" (just inside Earth's atmosphere) unitary (non-separating) target representing a "SCUD"-type ballistic missile launched from a mobile platform off Kauai in the Pacific Ocean.[13]
* 6 April 2007 Success FLT-07 test. Intercepted a "mid endo-atmospheric" unitary target missile off Kauai in the Pacific Ocean. It successfully tested THAAD's interoperability with other elements of the MDS system.[14][15]
* 27 October 2007 Success Conducted a successful exo-atmospheric test at the Pacific Missile Range Facility (PMRF) off Kauai, Hawaii. The flight test demonstrated the system's ability to detect, track and intercept an incoming unitary target above the Earth's atmosphere. The missile was hot-condition tested to prove its ability to operate in extreme environments.[16][17]
(my bold)

Link 2 TPY-2
Quote:
The U.S. Missile Defense Agency (MDA) and Raytheon say they will greatly improve detection range and sensitivity of the X-band TPY-2 missile defense radar through the introduction of gallium nitride semiconductor components

An AN/TPY-2 is based in Alaska as part of United States national missile defense development.
(my bold)

Now.. is it likely they dont know where MH370 is ?

Old 08-05-2018, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post

Here is one article (https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.3181dbd0eb50) that states "There were rumors that Zaharie's marriage was ending and that he downed the plane after learning that his wife was about to leave, the news site said."

Then if you go to another site (https://www.cnn.com/2016/07/28/asia/...ght-simulator/) you can read this: "The home flight simulator belonging to the pilot of Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 had a route plotted into it which ended in the Indian Ocean" Although his sister claims he has been made a scapegoat.

There are many websites from around the globe that still point the finger at the Captain: https://www.independent.co.uk/travel...-a8350621.html. This one has pictures of personal items recovered from the ocean.

I am just saying that right now there is nothing to point towards any alien abduction. Besides, why would aliens abduct a flying aircraft? All they would have to do is land and put a sign out front: Free trip to the stars!

Old 08-05-2018, 10:11 AM

13,149 posts, read 5,831,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post

Bob.
Quote:
What do you honestly think/believe happened to the aircraft, and it's passengers?
Hackers gained control of the remote systems of the plane; landed it in the middle of the ocean, never to be seen or heard from again.

Why? Can be answered as simple like that of why climb mt. Everest? Because it is there for people who love a challenge.

There are holes in technology and its capability to track; if a person knows where the holes are, one can make anything disappear without a trace.

There will be those that will see my post and same as with your post say, hogwash. Some will use their deductive reasoning skills others their inductive reasoning skills, where as both are important in a healthy critical debate and point to a knowing, we are not all brain dead, yet.

I do not discount what you saw, only the interpretation of the vision. I do not believe there is intelligent life beyond this planet that one can detect using their 5 senses. I have a sixth sense, like everyone else. I chose to acknowledge it, (sometimes I have doubt, too) while others chose to not acknowledge theirs. I do not need others to validate or in validate it, as it just is, that's all.

You saw what you saw; what others chose to do with that information that you have chosen to share, is up to them. Your part is done.

Old 08-05-2018, 10:26 AM

13,149 posts, read 5,831,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
You will probably find this amount is a good salary for the country, regardless of what it equates to in the USA. Although there is a crew profile section (page 431), There are no financial details (pay, debt,credit cards, etc) in the report, as far as I noticed.

From the report:
page 253 gives the cargo manifest.
Freescale had 6Kg of 'vehicle electronic chips'
Agilents Technologies had 646Kg of 'electronic measurements'
Grolier - 2250Kg of 'scholastic books'

36x previously (page 262) together li-ion batteries and mangosteens in the cargo on the same flight.

page 431 of the report (evidence of previously mentioned stress tests)
(my bolded)

As I understand it, some of the Air Traffic Controls did not have real-time positional data but used 'projected' or estimated positional data. This wasted time in determining the plane was lost and in calling for military intervention. However, somehow I feel that there are probably (spy) satellite technologies which are not being disclosed by superpower countries and that they probably know what happened or where the plane went. I feel that it would be inconceivable that a plane or any aircraft could approach land from any direction and not be detected anywhere on the Earth. I mean, the USA (and probably Australia too) has THAAD radar system which can reach over the horizon for 2900 miles and above atmosphere detection of missile-sized objects.

Link 1 THAAD
(my bold)

Link 2 TPY-2
(my bold)

If they knew where it was, they would go fetch it and then work out an 'official' narrative that most would believe, because it would for sure make plausible sense.

It was 70 years later, before the Titanic was found ... and there are thousands of years worth of ancient culture artifacts that are buried beneath the Indian Ocean waters, laying on the ocean floor, just waiting to be discovered ... one day, some one will make the journey to discoveries to help in the advancement of human knowledge.

However saying that is like saying one day all those that hunger will have food to eat ... priorities and that that is important to mankind, as always, is not the same for everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.