U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2018, 02:07 PM

14,548 posts, read 21,193,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
I mentioned this to a friend of mine, back when, and he said their are holes and if a person knows where the holes are, they could fly a plane through them and never be detected. imo, his statement is correct.

Real-time flight trackers seek missing Malaysian Air flight 370, find only holes
Could be ...
The Many Holes in the MH370 Report
These articles are outdated and obsolete and incorrect, being that they were released soon after the disappearance. We had new reports speculating like crazy and latching on to any and all reports. We also had problems where neighboring countries were not releasing radar data because of the fear that they were disclosing defensive capabilities. You have to remember that it's not all friendly between these SE Asian nations. Eventually they were released, making these initial reports invalid. Then later of course came the Inmarsat satellite data. From the final data investigators established a pretty good idea of the airlines route.

My strong advice, as I mentioned earlier in this thread, is to disregard any and all news reports that came out within 6 months to a year after this event, they are woefully incorrect.

However interesting comment on these "holes", it appears someone in the cockpit, someone trained, was purposely straddling these boundries between country flight controls, almost as if this person wanted to hide his path. We know this because when military radar was released we know exactly what path the plane took. They were never really hidden, it's just that country flight controllers only pick up monitoring a flight at a certain defined point when another countries flight control ends. This person clearly knew where one boundry ended and the other appeared. I will let you speculate on who that 'who" would be.

Last edited by Dd714; 08-18-2018 at 02:17 PM..
Rate this post positively

Old 08-18-2018, 08:13 PM

13,250 posts, read 5,894,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
These articles are outdated and obsolete and incorrect, being that they were released soon after the disappearance. We had new reports speculating like crazy and latching on to any and all reports. We also had problems where neighboring countries were not releasing radar data because of the fear that they were disclosing defensive capabilities. You have to remember that it's not all friendly between these SE Asian nations. Eventually they were released, making these initial reports invalid. Then later of course came the Inmarsat satellite data. From the final data investigators established a pretty good idea of the airlines route.

My strong advice, as I mentioned earlier in this thread, is to disregard any and all news reports that came out within 6 months to a year after this event, they are woefully incorrect.

However interesting comment on these "holes", it appears someone in the cockpit, someone trained, was purposely straddling these boundries between country flight controls, almost as if this person wanted to hide his path. We know this because when military radar was released we know exactly what path the plane took. They were never really hidden, it's just that country flight controllers only pick up monitoring a flight at a certain defined point when another countries flight control ends. This person clearly knew where one boundry ended and the other appeared. I will let you speculate on who that 'who" would be.
Quote:
Yes, lets wait it out for them to edit the reports, create their narrative and supply the official docs that support it.
Quote:
I will let you speculate on who that 'who" would be.
How a Hacker Could Hijack an Airplane From Their Seat
Quote:
The FBI and other authorities may reveal that there is no evidence that the two networks are connected. But another explanation may be the hacker was equipped with a device (or a software probe) that can gather information from both networks. Is that likely? It is certainly possible.

Old 08-18-2018, 10:30 PM

5,530 posts, read 4,814,286 times
Often at the start of an investigation, stuff comes out in the press which is 'inconvenient' to the authorities later on in the investigation. After they have decided what their 'angle' on the event should be, they need to manage the information coming out so that it backs up their story or version of events.

Rather like the Roswell incident, the initial story was of a UFO and then the balloon story was unleashed/ generated(perhaps). A balloon is not spread over a large area of ground as it does not travel very fast. It tends to come down in a lump whereas a fast travelling object will spread debris all around. From what I have read, I believe a large number of military personnel were out there for quite a while clearing up all the little the pieces.

Old 08-19-2018, 02:23 AM

5,530 posts, read 4,814,286 times
With reference to Calguy's claim that MH370 was swallowed up by a UFO, there are certainly other aircraft which have disappeared at the same time as UFO sightings.

Hangar 1 S02E02 reports a 23rd Nov 1953 Kinross Incident over Lake Superior where an F89C was scrambled to investigate a UFO sighting. As it got closer and the two radar 'blips' became one, contrary to expectation, there was no separation back into two again and the UFO 'blip' just disappeared from the radar screen soon after.

These Hangar 1 incidents are real (but dramatized) MUFON reports of UFO investigations. In other programs there are similar reports of UFOs in the Vietnam War which were fired at and which swallowed up whole torpedo boats.

Old 08-19-2018, 06:28 AM

18,406 posts, read 15,210,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Often at the start of an investigation, stuff comes out in the press which is 'inconvenient' to the authorities later on in the investigation. After they have decided what their 'angle' on the event should be, they need to manage the information coming out so that it backs up their story or version of events.

Rather like the Roswell incident, the initial story was of a UFO and then the balloon story was unleashed/ generated(perhaps). A balloon is not spread over a large area of ground as it does not travel very fast. It tends to come down in a lump whereas a fast travelling object will spread debris all around. From what I have read, I believe a large number of military personnel were out there for quite a while clearing up all the little the pieces.

The word for that is: speculation. Until the time we have facts; that is all we can do. We do not have the resources to conduct our own search and rescue missions. So we have to rely on the only evidence that we have seen and the reliability of others.

That said; there are always financial reasons to believe or not to believe or for the corporations or even countries to distort evidence. Companies do get sued; there are lots of dollars at stake depending on the outcome of the investigation. Let's pretend that evidence would come to light that the company knew that their pilot was developing a suicidal tendency and they did nothing to stop him from flying that plane. They would not want that information to become public. They are already in trouble and, something like that, could be a nail in the coffin. So they would want to try to coverup any report that might suggest some one knew something about the pilot (keep in mind that I have no information to suggest that this is the case; it is only my speculation as to factors that might influence the information we receive).

Even a nation might feel that they have secrets that might come out or that some information might adversely affect tourism.

True vested interest in the outcome of any report or findings could lead to the alteration of the facts. That would also be a true conspiracy. So far we have no evidence that there is any conspiracy. We have reports that might or might not have been accurate. But sometimes, in the haste to seek the facts, speculation gets confused with evidence.

Old 08-19-2018, 08:47 AM

6,216 posts, read 4,932,719 times
Quote:
Yes, lets wait it out for them to edit the reports, create their narrative and supply the official docs that support it.

How a Hacker Could Hijack an Airplane From Their Seat
I think Mr. Roberts should be a charter member of the Liar's Club. I call B.S.:

Quote:
All of this appears to add up to the conclusion that there's no way Roberts could have hacked the thrust controls of a plane and manipulated the aircraft, either through the IEF, the SATCOM or anything else. ... Although the conversation around Roberts's activities was somewhat guarded, Exner came away with the impression that "he probably did some of the things that he said he did, but he did them in simulation not in a real aircraft." He says he asked Roberts pointblank if he had ever taken control of a plane inflight. "[H]e said no. He said things that would lead me to believe that he did it in simulation, not in a real aircraft," Exner says. As for what he did during an actual flight, Exner says, "I doubt very seriously that he ever got beyond the IFE."
Source: https://www.wired.com/2015/05/possib...cial-aircraft/

Old 08-19-2018, 09:32 AM

90,976 posts, read 87,651,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
These Hangar 1 incidents are real (but dramatized) MUFON reports of UFO investigations. In other programs there are similar reports of UFOs in the Vietnam War which were fired at and which swallowed up whole torpedo boats.
I think if whole American torpedo boats had been swallowed up by a UFO during the Vietnam war, the public would have heard about it eventually. Even if the army/navy suppressed the info, returning vets would have told friends, family, eventually. Word would have got around.

Old 08-19-2018, 12:23 PM

Default Any thing is possible ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
I think Mr. Roberts should be a charter member of the Liar's Club. I call B.S.:

Source: https://www.wired.com/2015/05/possib...cial-aircraft/
Thank you for that. I was looking for wired, as I thought if any one had the skinny on it, it would be their publication. However, all it says to me is, if a person (hackers) has the right tools.

1. Communications was lost
2. People are passed out (lack of oxygen) on the plane (would include pilot and co-pilot)
3. Plane left radar detection

People do not tell all they know.

Old 08-19-2018, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I think if whole American torpedo boats had been swallowed up by a UFO during the Vietnam war, the public would have heard about it eventually. Even if the army/navy suppressed the info, returning vets would have told friends, family, eventually. Word would have got around.
How to keep a secret, secret ... discredit the secret teller is one way.

Old 08-19-2018, 12:35 PM

18,406 posts, read 15,210,502 times
Quote:
Thank you for that. I was looking for wired, as I thought if any one had the skinny on it, it would be their publication. However, all it says to me is, if a person (hackers) has the right tools.

1. Communications was lost
2. People are passed out (lack of oxygen) on the plane (would include pilot and co-pilot)
3. Plane left radar detection

People do not tell all they know.

I believe I read that the pilot and co-pilot have their own oxygen supply. Of course if the co-pilot was locked out of the cabin then he could not reach his supply.

As far as what is possible with hacking and what is not; I have no clue. It would seem to me (more speculation) that alarms would go off or the mask automatically deployed if the O2 levels got too low - but I don't know. Supposedly, from the pilot's cabin, the passenger oxygen can be controlled. Hackers can supposedly do a lot of damage; but we would need the 'experts' to tell us what they could or could not do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.