Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2019, 01:23 AM

29,391 posts, read 55,609,273 times

Advertisements

After relocating from their Jefferson City, Mo. home because they were convinced it belonged to “hundreds of spirits,” a couple is now renting out the apparently haunted property on Airbnb.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/the-...130037389.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2019, 03:11 AM

24,125 posts, read 32,491,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
After relocating from their Jefferson City, Mo. home because they were convinced it belonged to “hundreds of spirits,” a couple is now renting out the apparently haunted property on Airbnb.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/the-...130037389.html
It sounds real to me. I am happy that the owners are renting it through Airbnb and being honest about the haunting.

Old 10-18-2019, 03:51 AM

1,045 posts, read 759,658 times
If it were located in Colorado or some other western state, I'd buy it. I've always wanted to own a haunted house!

Old 10-18-2019, 07:53 AM

22,922 posts, read 28,285,009 times
Sounds like a very effective marketing ploy to me.

Old 10-18-2019, 10:30 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,215,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Sounds like a very effective marketing ploy to me.
I’ll wait to hear the reviews

Old 10-19-2019, 12:08 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
I stopped reading after they described the ghost that wore a suit and a top hat, this just sounds way too stereotypical, ghost appearing in old timey clothing, cmon!

Old 10-19-2019, 10:29 PM

4,660 posts, read 4,121,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I stopped reading after they described the ghost that wore a suit and a top hat, this just sounds way too stereotypical, ghost appearing in old timey clothing, cmon!
Indeed, how, and why, would a ghost wear any clothing at all?

If ghosts are spirits, then did their clothing also have a spirit that died with them, or something.

I really like the line "people who visited my attic..." Do people visit his attic on regular basis? I have never, not once, had anyone come to my house and visit my attic.

Final thought: I'll bet they are making a killing renting this place out, and god bless them for it.

Old 10-22-2019, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
Indeed, how, and why, would a ghost wear any clothing at all?
Fair warning: If I eve come back as a ghost, I'm coming back wearing nothing but Converse tennis shoes and a ginormous sombrero.

Old 10-22-2019, 11:38 AM

Quote:
If ghosts are spirits, then did their clothing also have a spirit that died with them, or something.
If ghosts are non-corporeal entities --- IF mind you --- then that begs the question how we can see them at all. You can't see something that doesn't cast or reflect light. Perhaps ghosts are bypassing the eyes altogether and registering directly in the brain of the person seeing them?

By the way, the "transparent" ghost is mostly an invention of literary fiction and Hollywood. Most supposed true ghost sightings, past and present, involve seeing a departed someone that looked as solid as you or me.

https://hyperallergic.com/410649/the...tural-history/

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/2...st-photography

Quote:
I really like the line "people who visited my attic..." Do people visit his attic on regular basis? I have never, not once, had anyone come to my house and visit my attic.
Really? It's always the first thing I ask when I go to someone's house. "Show me your attic! And after that, how about we access the crawlspace? And do all your closets have lights? I'd like a look at those as well."

Old 10-22-2019, 11:16 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
If ghosts are non-corporeal entities --- IF mind you --- then that begs the question how we can see them at all. You can't see something that doesn't cast or reflect light. Perhaps ghosts are bypassing the eyes altogether and registering directly in the brain of the person seeing them?

By the way, the "transparent" ghost is mostly an invention of literary fiction and Hollywood. Most supposed true ghost sightings, past and present, involve seeing a departed someone that looked as solid as you or me.

https://hyperallergic.com/410649/the...tural-history/

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/2...st-photography

Really? It's always the first thing I ask when I go to someone's house. "Show me your attic! And after that, how about we access the crawlspace? And do all your closets have lights? I'd like a look at those as well."
The thing I saw in my GFs house years ago was sort of transparent (but not fully), it also cast a shadow, it looked playful imo, it was moving around on its own, but there was intention about it, it wasnt just bouncing or zipping around. I dont think it realized I was watching it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal