U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2018, 03:07 PM

5,356 posts, read 8,926,050 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Not sure what that has to do with my specific response to another user,

but....ohhhhkay then, we will wait until your FOIA is cleared by the Men in Black and you can get back to us on it in an update thread....no need to hijack this one.
After a while, I had to use the "Ignore" option for that poster.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2018, 04:05 PM

19,334 posts, read 23,007,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
How would we know if they went unreported?

Old 08-07-2018, 06:01 PM

21,476 posts, read 11,038,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I would agree. There is so much judgement surrounding the unexplained - including UFOs, that many people choose to protect themselves from being called crazy.

Or answering questions like "Are you sure it wasn't a plane?" and "Did your have the electricity in your house checked out?"
People be like......were you under the influence?.....are you now?.. .are you crazy?....are you sure? ... are you sure you’re sure?
I be like think I’ll just keep this to myself

Old 08-09-2018, 09:06 AM

21,513 posts, read 6,254,733 times
Quote:
Not sure what that has to do with my specific response to another user,

but....ohhhhkay then, we will wait until your FOIA is cleared by the Men in Black and you can get back to us on it in an update thread....no need to hijack this one.
I replied because you brought up conformation bias relating to UFOs/ aliens.

Turns out though, all those people that had their tin foil hats on, that believed our Govt truly was recovering crashed alien craft....they were right all along!

Old 08-09-2018, 10:48 AM

5,858 posts, read 4,550,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I replied because you brought up conformation bias relating to UFOs/ aliens.

Turns out though, all those people that had their tin foil hats on, that believed our Govt truly was recovering crashed alien craft....they were right all along!
As I pointed out to you in another thread, the alien metal alloys claim is a hoax perpetrated by NY Times reporters:

https://ufoseekers.com/2018/05/11/uf...l-alloys-hoax/

This has nothing to do with the original question, in any case.

Old 08-09-2018, 10:13 PM

20,858 posts, read 26,268,518 times
Quote:
What's wrong with eliminating the explainable? There are a million reasons and explanations, both natural and man-made, for seeing something unidentified in the sky. Guess where "aliens" fall within these millions of reasons.

Confirmation bias says, if you believe in aliens, your first thought process will be that you are seeing an alien aircraft when you see some strange light in the sky. That's the way the human mind works - of processing information, you are re-affirming your own personal beliefs and wishes. Those seeing UFO's should not be offended when these question occur, but should question there own recollection, they should challenge themeselves. Call it a reality check.
Most people automatically eliminate "the explainable". I have never known anyone to first think "Well obviously, it's an alien spaceship." when they see some lights in the sky.

That is NOT how the human mind works.

I am confident that I know at least as much about "how the human mind works" as any poster on CD - and more than many.

Many people do not have fixed personal beliefs that need to be confirmed. I know of no one who actively seeks out such experiences.

Most every paranormal investigator attempts to find a natural cause for the events. Debunking is the very first step in an investigation.

Old 08-11-2018, 10:22 AM

21,513 posts, read 6,254,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
As I pointed out to you in another thread, the alien metal alloys claim is a hoax perpetrated by NY Times reporters:

Im sorry but you are totally wrong.

If it was a hoax, how do you explain the 'Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program'? How could they have reached the conclusion in this Pentagon report that the United States would be unable to defend against some of these technologies?

Old 08-11-2018, 11:49 AM

5,858 posts, read 4,550,166 times
Quote:

If it was a hoax, how do you explain the 'Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program'? How could they have reached the conclusion in this Pentagon report that the United States would be unable to defend against some of these technologies?
Did you actually read the linked article? It addresses specifically the alien metals claim - which was made up by reporters.

Regarding the Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program - how do I explain the existence of the program? Because Harry Reid had the interest, the clout, and friends to make it happen.

Regarding the "conclusion" you claim is in the report - I don't see any quotes or links to primary sources that state that the government has hard evidence of supposed advanced technologies (beyond some blurry videos), and that the government has concluded that we would not be able to defend against them. What I see is your statement that you've been unable to obtain the report under FOIA - if you haven't done so, how do you know what the report contains?

A comment on the Program in question and why it was stopped:

Quote:
... The former staffer said that eventually, however, even Reid agreed it was not worth continuing.
“After a while the consensus was we really couldn’t find anything of substance,” he recalled. “They produced reams of paperwork. After all of that there was really nothing there that we could find." ..."
(source)

In other words, there was no there there.

Old 08-11-2018, 02:52 PM

5,433 posts, read 3,167,585 times
Quote:

I believe it's actually the "Advanced AVIATION Threat Identification Program". Or so I've read.

I'm not sure about that entire thing. There's a lot of conflicting information floating around.

Old 08-11-2018, 06:42 PM

2,213 posts, read 969,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post

Ouch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal