U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2018, 02:22 PM

14,027 posts, read 20,244,565 times

Advertisements

Meanwhile the UFO film over North Carolina recently, that went viral and got like 500,000 hits turns out to be...wait for it....

THE GOODYEAR BLIMP leaving a NASCAR event.

https://www.insideedition.com/ufo-sp...ar-blimp-45958

Another fail at my "I Want To Believe" goal in life.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2018, 03:12 PM

5,338 posts, read 8,868,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Meanwhile the UFO film over North Carolina recently, that went viral and got like 500,000 hits turns out to be...wait for it....

The person who posted the video, according to article, is not convinced that it was a blimp. They can't recognize the truth even if it hits them in the face.

Old 08-17-2018, 07:15 AM

19,169 posts, read 22,852,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
I think that maybe the believers have their Holly Grail: https://www.tampabay.com/news/scienc...nter_170882935.
Keep in mind that this is the same network who aired a "documentary" about a living Megalodon a few years ago.

It's about ratings, not truth.

Old 08-17-2018, 10:34 AM

21,374 posts, read 10,913,424 times
On second thought, in our modern age it is easier to report to sites like mufon, and more people have cameras accessible, although they are probably looking down at a phone more frequently.
Perhaps a better question would be- how many anomalies or anything for that matter, are missed because people are staring at a phone.

Old 08-17-2018, 11:16 AM

17,777 posts, read 14,059,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Keep in mind that this is the same network who aired a "documentary" about a living Megalodon a few years ago.

It's about ratings, not truth.
I did not forget anything! Heck; I'm still waiting for the Oak Island treasure. I have become pretty bored with most of these shows. Like the Cooper treasure hunt; they are looking in waters that have been hunted over and over again for ages. I am not saying that there is not a chance that they might find something. But I have to wonder how many salvagers have found treasure to never report it and the slowly cash it in over a long period of time? It would be a way to maybe escape taxes and royalties paid to the nations where the goods were found. I don't know; but there is always somebody looking for a way to make even more money than they might be entitled to.

Old 08-18-2018, 12:31 PM

20,928 posts, read 5,993,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post

Thats because there are SO many UFO reports that involve a cigar shaped craft, of course the Goodyear blimp is going to be mis-IDd here and there.

However if the reports talk about the craft with abilities that go beyond what the Goodyear blimp is capable of, like cloaking itself or taking off so fast, it looks like it disappeared, chances are, those are NOT the GY blimp.

Old 08-18-2018, 03:07 PM

5,312 posts, read 3,064,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
The person who posted the video, according to article, is not convinced that it was a blimp. They can't recognize the truth even if it hits them in the face.
Why are the UFO videos always so shaky and fuzzy? I've seen blimps a few times in the air, and there's no mistaking at all what they are. I have to wonder if people sometime intentionally de-focus the camera so you can't really tell what they're recording, and then they'll proclaim it's a UFO.

Old 08-18-2018, 09:01 PM

14,027 posts, read 20,244,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Why are the UFO videos always so shaky and fuzzy? I've seen blimps a few times in the air, and there's no mistaking at all what they are. I have to wonder if people sometime intentionally de-focus the camera so you can't really tell what they're recording, and then they'll proclaim it's a UFO.
What's amazing is the guy stopped filming, like a quick "hey I gotta go" while it was still in the air. It's like, what, you have to run to the TV to catch today's episode of World of Dance or something? If you are filming proof of extraterrestial life, basically the essential question of all mankind, would you say "öh, hey, sorry guys I gotta go"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Thats because there are SO many UFO reports that involve a cigar shaped craft, of course the Goodyear blimp is going to be mis-IDd here and there.

However if the reports talk about the craft with abilities that go beyond what the Goodyear blimp is capable of, like cloaking itself or taking off so fast, it looks like it disappeared, chances are, those are NOT the GY blimp.
Dude, it looks like a blimp (even fuzzy and shaky camera), it moves like a blimp, Goodyear claimed it was the blimp.
It was a blimp.

Old 08-19-2018, 02:10 PM

20,928 posts, read 5,993,748 times
Quote:
Why are the UFO videos always so shaky and fuzzy?
Thats usually because the witness is rushing, trying to get this thing on film or capture a picture, most UFOs reported, they do not stick around for long, few seconds to a minute or so.

The fuzziness, imo, has something to do with their nature, they are not entirely 'compatible' with our technology, or has something to do with their power source. Many UFO witnesses will claim when they see a UFO in motion, it doesnt look real, looks cartoonish, looks like the air is getting out of the way of the craft.

This is also a good indicator that many UFOs are not secret military aircraft or experimental aircraft, as they would show up in pictures and video just like any other plane in the sky.

Old 08-19-2018, 06:59 PM

19,169 posts, read 22,852,228 times
Quote:
Why are the UFO videos always so shaky and fuzzy?
Not everyone is a professional photographer.

As for the hucksters, fuzzy photos are a lot easier to pass off as genuine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal