Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2018, 08:45 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,578,158 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
I'd be curious to see the exact wording, too.
Ive tried this a few times but it wont let me upload to CD.

Ive uploaded other pictures to CD before, so Im not sure what Im doing wrong with this one.

The rejection letter doesnt come out and say 'EBEs exist", or that if they exist, we wont tell you, its more like "any document that refers to, makes mention of, etc, EBEs, CTBES, etc", is exempt from FOIA. One of the problems is they have so many different names for this, some of them, I have never heard of, I did find it interesting though they mentioned 'Archon' as one of the exemptions, Ive heard of that term before.

Last edited by rstevens62; 08-22-2018 at 08:56 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2018, 09:43 AM

6,219 posts, read 5,937,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
The rejection letter doesnt come out and say 'EBEs exist", or that if they exist, we wont tell you, its more like "any document that refers to, makes mention of, etc, EBEs, CTBES, etc", is exempt from FOIA. One of the problems is they have so many different names for this, some of them, I have never heard of, I did find it interesting though they mentioned 'Archon' as one of the exemptions, Ive heard of that term before.
I suspect then that there are at least three possibilities;

1. There are docs they're keeping secret related to UFOs/aliens.
2. They don't have such docs but they want to have a policy in place just in case.
3. They don't want to waste time processing requests for EBEs etc because the docs don't exist.

I don't think there's any way to determine which of these scenarios is the case.

Old 08-22-2018, 04:54 PM

1,009 posts, read 1,988,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyDogToday View Post
I have seen a few and reported them to Mufon. I read their daily US reports and some are very similar to mine and others are not. What I find interesting are the patterns of type of sighting and reported backgrounds of some of the reporters.
I've been meaning to join. I need to do that.

Old 08-22-2018, 06:02 PM

12,958 posts, read 9,467,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stilldriveem View Post
I've been meaning to join. I need to do that.
One thing bothers me about MUFON: They had a program on one of the Discovery Networks called "Hangar 1" that was about UFOs in the MUFON files, that were supposedly stored in a place called Hangar 1. The program really dramatized the UFO subject to the point of being ridiculous (although entertaining) instead of being a serious documentary, .

I had always thought that MUFON represented serious, scientific approaches to the subject. I no longer think that.

Old 08-23-2018, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
I suspect then that there are at least three possibilities;

1. There are docs they're keeping secret related to UFOs/aliens.
2. They don't have such docs but they want to have a policy in place just in case.
3. They don't want to waste time processing requests for EBEs etc because the docs don't exist.

I don't think there's any way to determine which of these scenarios is the case.
Well, the particular document I specifically requested DOES exist, the rejection letter stated they found it, and that it was a DIA report, but they are not able to release it to me, due to the content being exempt from FOIA.

Thats why I think this is so important, not to mention, it debunks the skeptics that claim the whole 'recovered alien metal and materials' aspect was entirely fabricated...that is false, the report does exist, if they didnt have 'recovered materials' how would they be able to determine the US is unable to defend itself against this technology?

Basically this report would not exist if they didnt have any recovered materials.

Old 08-23-2018, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
One thing bothers me about MUFON: They had a program on one of the Discovery Networks called "Hangar 1" that was about UFOs in the MUFON files, that were supposedly stored in a place called Hangar 1. The program really dramatized the UFO subject to the point of being ridiculous (although entertaining) instead of being a serious documentary, .

I had always thought that MUFON represented serious, scientific approaches to the subject. I no longer think that.
I like NUFORC better than MUFON.

Im not surprised MUFON would be involved in such a tv show, I would not be surprised if the organization was created as a disinformation tool.

Old 08-23-2018, 05:50 PM

12,958 posts, read 9,467,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Ive tried this a few times but it wont let me upload to CD.

Ive uploaded other pictures to CD before, so Im not sure what Im doing wrong with this one.

You post a lot, so apparently you are a pretty decent typist (either that or you hunt and peck a lot ).

Since you can't seem to upload a photo or scan of the letter, how about just taking the time, and type it word for word in a post (leaving out your name and address, of course), and post it?

Old 08-23-2018, 06:46 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,774,686 times
Quote:
You post a lot, so apparently you are a pretty decent typist (either that or you hunt and peck a lot ).

Since you can't seem to upload a photo or scan of the letter, how about just taking the time, and type it word for word in a post (leaving out your name and address, of course), and post it?
It's possible that that poster created a charade to add some legitimacy to his government conspiracy theories. Who would ask here for information on FOIA when a simple google search would bring all the answers? And then there is that "I can't seem to post pictures" business.

Last edited by davidt1; 08-23-2018 at 06:58 PM..

Old 08-24-2018, 03:43 PM

11,020 posts, read 5,975,337 times
Quote:

Or scan it. Print it, delete names and addresses then rescan.

Old 08-24-2018, 07:34 PM

6,931 posts, read 6,864,193 times
I sent a message to rstevens62 offering either to help upload it to a photobucket kind of website or to help post it here but nothing was heard from him. OK, maybe I am not trusted to do this, but at least someone has offered and been rejected which suggests either there is no letter or else he should get help from someone locally he trusts - else why suggest he wanted to post it but was unable to do so?

Consequently I conclude this business about a refused FOIA is perhaps hot air and nothing more.

This kind of FOIA response letter is useful to have in the public domain so that others can see official responses and draw their own conclusions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal