U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-28-2018, 11:48 AM
 
Location: Los Angeles
6,931 posts, read 8,635,120 times
Reputation: 8698

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraZetterberg153 View Post
Could you provide the link to the site you downloaded it from?
http://www.allankardec.com/Allan_Kar...ts/lesp_us.pdf
This is a PDF file.
Save it to your computer.


Bob.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-30-2018, 06:59 AM
 
Location: 39 20' 59"N / 75 30' 53"W
16,081 posts, read 25,582,210 times
Reputation: 18077
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
http://www.allankardec.com/Allan_Kar...ts/lesp_us.pdf
This is a PDF file.
Save it to your computer.


Bob.
Remember you talking about this book before, or perhaps another spirit book. Anyway, didn't get an opportunity to read. Thanx for post.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-02-2018, 03:09 PM
 
11,181 posts, read 10,421,671 times
Reputation: 17219
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
http://www.allankardec.com/Allan_Kar...ts/lesp_us.pdf
This is a PDF file.
Save it to your computer.


Bob.
Thank you for posting the link!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-03-2018, 08:41 AM
 
11,181 posts, read 10,421,671 times
Reputation: 17219
Again, Calguy, I am glad you posted the link so that I could review the questions/answers. Not finding anything about Jesus being the Son of God and our Savior, I did research about spiritualism.

I didn't have much knowledge of spiritualism and did some research:

- Spiritualists have opposing views of what is written in the Bible (the Word of God):

- They do not believe that Jesus’ death paid the penalty for sin and that salvation comes by grace through faith in Christ, but rather souls gradually progress after death through a series of steps toward a state of spiritual perfection. It is, therefore, a works-based route to “salvation” after death.

Leviticus 19:31 NIV "'Do not turn to mediums or seek out spiritists, for you will be defiled by them. I am the LORD your God.

Spiritualism isn't for me because I have accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior and that He died for my sins.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-03-2018, 07:20 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles
6,931 posts, read 8,635,120 times
Reputation: 8698
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
Again, Calguy, I am glad you posted the link so that I could review the questions/answers. Not finding anything about Jesus being the Son of God and our Savior, I did research about spiritualism.

I didn't have much knowledge of spiritualism and did some research:

- Spiritualists have opposing views of what is written in the Bible (the Word of God):

- They do not believe that Jesus’ death paid the penalty for sin and that salvation comes by grace through faith in Christ, but rather souls gradually progress after death through a series of steps toward a state of spiritual perfection. It is, therefore, a works-based route to “salvation” after death.

Leviticus 19:31 NIV "'Do not turn to mediums or seek out spiritists, for you will be defiled by them. I am the LORD your God.

Spiritualism isn't for me because I have accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior and that He died for my sins.

That is strictly teaching from the Catholic church, and you have absolutely no proof of what you say.
I have to take issue with one sentence you posted.
" Spiritualists have opposing views of what is written in the Bible (the Word of God):"

The Bible is NOT the word of God, it is the word of the people who wrote the Bible.
They interpreted what they felt was the word of God.

Like every event, when "Reporters"(and that is exactly what those people were who wrote the passages in the Bible) report, they tend to put things down as they remember them.
They are not always correct, just like reporters today.
You are confusing spiritualism with religion, and it is not religion, of any kind.
Perhaps you are not aware of this, but religion, all religion, is man made, God did not creaet religion.
You certainly have a right to your beliefs, but I need to explain one thing to you.

I am proficient at spirit contact, and have had many, many over the years.
If what you just posted concerning"Leviticus" were true, I would be dead long ago.
In all the years involved in this, I have yet to be'defiled" by any of them, and that includes,"The Holy Spirit".
I do not, nor have I ever believed what is printed in the Bible.

Contrary to your belief, Almighty God has given me the gift to communicate with those who have passed, there by giving me a window to what most will never know, or see, while in this life.
Because of this, I not only feel, but know, I am truly blessed.
Your catholic religion is based , not on fact, but what the church wants you to believe.

The Lord gave me intelligence when he created me, and that had done me well my entire life.
I never felt I needed the Bible to act as a crutch to help me live my life.
The Lord does a great job of doing that on a daily basis.

Bob.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-03-2018, 09:28 PM
 
Location: Greenville, SC
5,784 posts, read 4,499,383 times
Reputation: 10987
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
That is strictly teaching from the Catholic church, ...
Your catholic religion is based , not on fact, but what the church wants you to believe.
No, you're wrong. She's clearly writing from an evangelical Protestant rather than a Roman Catholic theological perspective. The phrases "works based" and "accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior" are a dead giveaway. If you're going to insult the beliefs of those of us here who count themselves as Christian (i'm Eastern Orthodoxy, neither Roman Catholic nor Protestant), at least get the theologies right.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-03-2018, 10:30 PM
 
Location: PRC
4,529 posts, read 4,017,523 times
Reputation: 4035
In the mysterious and paranormaI, l really dont know how anyone can draw a line and say that is this and that is that because the line is not straight but it is blurry. Things in life are not black and white and even people who profess the same religion believe different things in their hearts. That alone must tell us something if we bother to think about it.

For example, there are orthodox religions which have 'gifts of the spirit' and there are religions which obviously have predictions in their religious texts. These 'gifts' come from somewhere and I assume the belief is they come from the Good/Light side rather than the Bad/Dark side.

It seems the different beliefs are going to divide us once again. Why can't we use a little common sense, examine our beliefs and focus on the points which unite?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-03-2018, 11:59 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles
6,931 posts, read 8,635,120 times
Reputation: 8698
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
In the mysterious and paranormaI, l really dont know how anyone can draw a line and say that is this and that is that because the line is not straight but it is blurry. Things in life are not black and white and even people who profess the same religion believe different things in their hearts. That alone must tell us something if we bother to think about it.

For example, there are orthodox religions which have 'gifts of the spirit' and there are religions which obviously have predictions in their religious texts. These 'gifts' come from somewhere and I assume the belief is they come from the Good/Light side rather than the Bad/Dark side.

It seems the different beliefs are going to divide us once again. Why can't we use a little common sense, examine our beliefs and focus on the points which unite?
Paul, what it boils down to, people have different beliefs based on many different factors.
It is impossible to unite those beliefs because the believer believes his/ her belief is the correct one.
The person posting, which I answered to regarding the "word of God" absolutely believes the Bible contains the word of God.
I think the Bible is a lot of hogwash, written and interpreted by reporters of the day.
Just like today's reporters, they twist everything to serve their own purpose.

I will give you a pretty good example of the mis- conception of the Bible.
I have heard over the years different statements from people who swear by the Bible.
Case in point;
It states God is all loving of all his creations, and when it comes to the subject of homosexuality, it is reported he will reap his wrath on homosexuals.
That appears to be a two sided coin.
Which way is it?
Obviously the person writing that passage in the Bible, didn't get that from a loving God, who loves all his creations, but rather the twisted opinion of the writer of that passage, in an effort to get support for his beliefs.
Not much different that what reporters are doing today.

People choose to believe that rubbish in the Bible, that is there choice.
Me, I see absolutely no way to "unite when the beliefs are so different.
How would those two differing opinions ever unite?
That is an impossibility.


I have a very serious commitment to learning all I can about the spirits, after life, paranormal behavior, etc.
Many do not believe in any of that, because their man made religion states differently.
I certainly do believe there is but one God, creator of all that exist, and I have a powerful love for that God
God is who I turn to for guidance, not the Bible.

Those who are against anything dealing with the spiritual, and the paranormal don't understand what it is, have no experience with it, so there fore have no belief in it, and in some cases,to them, it does not exist
How could that possibly be an issue for unification?
That just can't happen.

Bob.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-04-2018, 08:52 AM
 
Location: Greenville, SC
5,784 posts, read 4,499,383 times
Reputation: 10987
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
I think the Bible is a lot of hogwash, written and interpreted by reporters of the day.
Just like today's reporters, they twist everything to serve their own purpose.
From the preface to the Spirits' Book:

Quote:
...From the materials thus furnished to him from every quarter of the globe he enlarged and completed THE SPIRITS' BOOK, under the direction of the spirits by whom it was originally dictated...
So Kardek collected a lot of esoteric writings from around the world, put them together in a book, and claimed Divine inspiration via spirits who we presumably are to believe are good spirits and not demons masquerading as something else. In other words, he was a reporter of the day who took what he claims he was "given" and packaged it to serve his purposes. And we're supposed to believe the Spirits' Book is not hogwash because Kardek and Bob say so.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-04-2018, 01:39 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles
6,931 posts, read 8,635,120 times
Reputation: 8698
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
From the preface to the Spirits' Book:

So Kardek collected a lot of esoteric writings from around the world, put them together in a book, and claimed Divine inspiration via spirits who we presumably are to believe are good spirits and not demons masquerading as something else. In other words, he was a reporter of the day who took what he claims he was "given" and packaged it to serve his purposes. And we're supposed to believe the Spirits' Book is not hogwash because Kardek and Bob say so.
Many passages in the spirit's book were done through automatic writing.
Are you versed in automatic writing?
If not, let me explain.
Automatic writing is when a spirit, not only guides the mind of the human author, but physically guided the hand to write the words.
So, it is not a case of should we believe the spirits, and Bob?
Mediums in direct contact with the spirits also contributed to the book.


Perhaps putting it in simpler terms,
You are my secretary, and You are writing my words as I dictate them to you.
Same principal of the spirit's book.
Through mediums, and in some cases, automatic writing, the spirit's book came into being.
As for evil spirits entertaining thoughts of participation in the writing of this book, that is highly unlikely.
Without knowledge of spirits, you can only assume you are correct in your contentions.
Had you the knowledge, you would know your contention of evil spirits intervening is at best, improbable.

Now one might ask, how do we know the information given by the spirits to these select mediums is what actually appeared in the book?
Do we need to take the author's word for it?
Those with a lack of knowledge concerning spirits might think so.
If you read this book, then compare events, and experiences in your own life, you will find the book is extremely close in line with not only your life, but the lives of all humans.

The main purpose of the book is to enlighten the human existence with knowledge, and facts, so that we can better understand not only who we are, where we came from, what happens to us when we die, but the reasons for events happening in our lives, that we don't understand.

Speaking for myself, I welcomed that knowledge.
It has given me a much clearer understanding of the human existence.
I have stated in other post that this particular book is far superior to other publication I have read, in that it closely mirrors our human existence.
Things that we experience(sometimes unaware that they are happening) are thoroughly explained in this book.

Unlike the Bible, nothing in this book is left to interpretation.
I can only add, if you, and others fail to take advantage of this book, and learn from it, that would be your loss.


Bob.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top