Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2018, 09:37 PM

100 posts, read 68,931 times

Advertisements

Patty in here 40+ yrs of living was never diagnosed with "sleep paralysis" and since that night has never experienced so-called "sleep paralysis" again.

the room Patty slept in was one of the most active rooms in the house. The room was a 300lb Armoire was thrown

more info here

https://www.americansupernatural.com/

but at least you watched. U get high marks for that!

much respect
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2018, 04:31 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,545,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macqdor View Post
then the easiest decision u have today/tomorrow is to ignore. move along, move along........................
I've experienced the paranormal; you do understand though how unconvincing watching 30 mins of nothing outside of the ordinary in a hallway would generate these types of responses?

Thanks for sharing; I'll watch the additional link provided.

Last edited by virgode; 08-23-2018 at 04:47 AM..

Old 08-23-2018, 06:44 AM

22,913 posts, read 28,249,166 times
Quote:
Patty in here 40+ yrs of living was never diagnosed with "sleep paralysis" and since that night has never experienced so-called "sleep paralysis" again.
I experienced an episode of sleep paralysis in college. Fell asleep at the library and when I woke up there was a roaring in my ears and I couldn't move for about 90 seconds. It is indeed terrifying. It has never happened again. And no I wasn't on anything at the time.

Is it supernatural?

I don't know. I have no reason to think so. Neurologists really don't fully understand sleep paralysis, but just because it was a one-off event doesn't necessarily prove (or disprove, I'll admit) a supernatural influence. The human brain is a weird and fascinating place that we are only beginning to understand.

But even trained exorcists sanctioned by the Vatican will tell you: Eliminate all natural explanations before you start seeing demons in the dark.

Old 08-23-2018, 06:44 AM

Quote:
I've experienced the paranormal; you do understand though how unconvincing watching 30 mins of nothing outside of the ordinary in a hallway would generate these types of responses?
Hi Virgode

I'm aware of that. Sort of comes with the territory. The URL, i.e. post is not meant for everybody. I made it 40 minutes long for a reason. I'm not trying to win over skeptics, etc

This case has gone on for years.

I'm just providing updates and info. This video one piece of that.

There are over a thousand different pieces

Ex#1
https://youtu.be/sB_fnZ7pu1M

Old 08-23-2018, 07:10 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,121,941 times
Quote:
Hi Virgode

I'm aware of that. Sort of comes with the territory. The URL, i.e. post is not meant for everybody. I made it 40 minutes long for a reason. I'm not trying to win over skeptics, etc

This case has gone on for years.

I'm just providing updates and info. This video one piece of that.

There are over a thousand different pieces

Ex#1
https://youtu.be/sB_fnZ7pu1M

Had you started off this thread with this YouTube video you would have received a better reception. That is the most informative link that you have posted. I congratulate you on that; even if it is a little late. That does not mean that I agree or accept; I still need a lot more information about all the events.

Old 08-23-2018, 08:30 AM

Quote:
I still need a lot more information about all the events.
our event started back in 2012. May 2012 specifically. Girlfriend and I move into a house outside of Seattle, WA. We started experiencing weird things within days of moving in.

1.) kid cough (from out nowhere)
* we have no kids
2.) Objects missing
Ex. car keys, jewelry, silverware, cash, coins, etc
3.) Objects appearing that neither of us owned
Ex. kid toys, Ex. letters and bills from previous tenants - appearing in drawers that were full of our stuff
4.) Then came the loud bangs
a) phantom footsteps
b) door slams
c) Objects being thrown and
d) electrical issues

All of that happened in summer 2012
in every room of the house, including the room Patty was attacked.

the video url above talks about that and other stuff. More info here.
https://demonsinseattle.com/records/

Old 08-23-2018, 09:30 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,121,941 times
Quote:
our event started back in 2012. May 2012 specifically. Girlfriend and I move into a house outside of Seattle, WA. We started experiencing weird things within days of moving in.

1.) kid cough (from out nowhere)
* we have no kids
2.) Objects missing
Ex. car keys, jewelry, silverware, cash, coins, etc
3.) Objects appearing that neither of us owned
Ex. kid toys, Ex. letters and bills from previous tenants - appearing in drawers that were full of our stuff
4.) Then came the loud bangs
a) phantom footsteps
b) door slams
c) Objects being thrown and
d) electrical issues

All of that happened in summer 2012
in every room of the house, including the room Patty was attacked.

the video url above talks about that and other stuff. More info here.
https://demonsinseattle.com/records/

When I go to your link and see Home monitoring; I see that many knocks, bangs, and taps are recorded. The first thing that comes to mind is steam heat? Of course there is always a chance the house was wired as a crank joke or maybe for financial gain. Small electromagnets could produce noises like recorded. I don't know enough; just speculating. We lived in an apartment with steam heat many years ago and it constantly produced banging noises.

Old 08-23-2018, 09:38 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,578,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
There is a very long winded explanation of what really happened:

https://barenormality.wordpress.com/...case-reviewed/

In real life, the victim/experiencer was called Doris Bither at the time. She was married multiple times and apparently changed her last name accordingly. She is described as having been intoxicated during most of her dealings with the parapsychologists.

She lived in Culver city, California in a shabby house that was “twice condemned” by the city.

The bleak picture that emerges is one of a dysfunctional family, with an alcoholic mother, living in a run down house.

So we are to believe an alcoholic woman who believes things happened to her while binge drinking. One thing I have learned about chronic alcoholics is don't believe what they tell you. But she did get them to do a book and movie about this. I will give her a "toast" for that accomplishment.
I had never read that before, and actually the movie doesnt mention many of those things, which would have made it a better movie honestly, I sounds to me like something strange was going on, Its suspicious to me, that on the Halloween visit, nothing really happened...if they had been hoaxing or making it all up, surely a visit on halloween night would have been perfect time to go overboard with the effects....yet nothing happened?

Im curious why this article didnt talk about the incident at UCLA either

Old 08-23-2018, 09:52 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,578,158 times
Ive seen something paranormal twice in my life and honestly during both, I didnt feel anything, not scared, not elated, nothing.

I was lying on my bed one afternoon, bedroom door was open and it faced a hallway with a stairwell at the end, the hallway was only about 10ft, so pretty small, I saw a grayish globe about the size of a beach ball, floating around the stairwell, it had mass, it cast a shadow, but it was also transparent (this is hard to explain to someone who didnt see it). I watched it for about 5 minutes until it went around the corner and was gone. I was 17 yrs old at the time.

The second one was more UFO than paranormal, but there was a paranormal quality to it, so Im not sure exactly. I was in my late 30s, on the back deck of my house, there was a small church on the street over, It was around 2-3 am, i saw a gold colored ball around the roof of the church, I went in to get my cell phone so I could take a picture, I was in the house maybe 2 minutes, when I came back out, the gold ball was in my backyard, hovering about 5ft off the ground, it was around 30" in diameter and gold in color. It made no noise and stayed in one position. I took a picture of it and it vanished, but I did get it on camera. I uploaded it to my computer at the time, but I do not have that computer anymore.

**the strange thing about the gold ball, when I uploaded the picture to my computer, I was able to zoom in on it closer and there was alot of detail that could be seen, it looked like a single cell to me, it had some kind of 'skin' on it, and there was an inner section with something solid inside, it was very strange.

Old 08-23-2018, 10:10 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,483,879 times
Quote:

the room Patty slept in was one of the most active rooms in the house. The room was a 300lb Armoire was thrown

more info here

https://www.americansupernatural.com/

but at least you watched. U get high marks for that!

much respect
Keith, I thought you moved out of the Bothell house?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal