Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2018, 11:04 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,239,617 times

Advertisements

She had the camera in her lap.

It seemed to just glide across the road which I though was strange since it was very large. I’m guessing it weighed at least five hundred pounds or more. I reached for my camera which was in my lap but the creature had already disappeared

BFRO Report 41395: Daylight sighting outside Grain Valley near the Monkey Mountain Park Reserve

Old 09-28-2018, 11:12 AM

15,638 posts, read 26,259,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
TM said:
I would like to remind you -- if you don't believe in Bigfoot -- why are posting about Bigfoot? No one is forcing you.... which is why they are now infractable offenses.

Posts that are fighting over and over and over about the same evidence or lack of evidence may also be deleted. When it starts being "yeah huh" "nuh-huh" back and forth to me that's the end of the thread.

I will add to this as necessary.... and trust me -- it will be.
And it is. I would also like to remind posters... if you can’t take the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

Old 09-28-2018, 11:28 AM

9,511 posts, read 6,103,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Why would you assume "that our scientific knowledge & capabilities are still too rudimentary to provide an explanation, rather than that all these people in this world are lying or mistaken."?
Firstly, I acknowledge that some people will be lying but the more I learn; the less likely I am to believe that the others are just mistaken.

There is not any hard evidence that I am aware of but I have seen very credible newspaper archives & Smithsonian documents that allude to hard evidence having been collected (possible skeletal remains), many years ago. What may have happened to it, after that, is not clear.

The volume of anecdotal evidence, in the form of citizen sightings & reports, is forming a highly consistent profile of behavior & appearance. Lone sightings only account for some of the reports. I feel like the closer the witness is to the subject, the longer the amount of time of the sighting & the number of witnesses present decreases the chances of both mistaken identity & scams. Many sightings have been reported by couples. Or a father & son on a hunting trip. Some of these sightings are also reported to law enforcement & are published in police blotters or local newspapers. There have been many sightings by groups of unrelated people (links below):

1. A fishing guide in Florida with 25 years of experience, poles into a remote lagoon during a charter with clients in 2011 & reports that they were "stunned speechless" by a 6-7 ft tall being with long reddish brown hair & a "face like a caveman", who was casually searching the sand for shellfish. Afterward, one of the clients, a commercial airline pilot, said: "That was a f*****g sasquatch!"

2. In September 2003, a firefighting team dispatched to the Del Loma Fire in Caliornia, was setting up camp in the Shasta/Trinity Forest, when they slowly started gathering into a silent crowd on the riverbank; watching a 7 foot tall being built like a muscular but "ordinary" man, with long dark hair covering his body, walking down the opposite side of the river, pushing the forest trees out of his path.

I notice a consistency I'll call the "Executive's Experience"; where the observers fit a profile & their reports reflect the stress experienced when what they see collides with who they are. It starts with the self-affirmation (links below):

Quote:
... "I work as an executive in a very large multinational corporation based in Orlando, FL, and being shut up in an office building throughout the week makes me stir-crazy. My life is a very high-stress environment, with responsibilities that include a multi-million dollar P&L, and oversight of approximately 1,000 employees".
He mentions that he was enjoying an opportunity to unwind while on his way home from a friends house in 2012 when his car became stuck in some deep sand. His encounter with a muscular, 8-foot tall "creature" with long, wet hair & "facial features—especially the nasal area—that were very similar to those of humans"; leads to cognitive dissonance:

Quote:
... " I have never discussed this with anyone except for one other person. I have not discussed it with my wife, my best friend, or any other person close to me in my life...

... I also want to say that what I am about to describe to you has tormented me for the last several months. I cannot emphasize enough how this encounter has affected me emotionally. I did not ask for this, and had the event been within my control, I would have absolutely chosen not to have the experience. My life was perfectly fine with my previous view of reality, as incomplete and skewed as it may have been."
Another example from Las Vegas, NM in 2013; the self-affirmation:

Quote:
" ... Before I continue, I would like to preface my anecdote by alluding to my high-level of academic credentialing alongside my occupation as a healthcare executive. I also provide executive and technical advice to elected and appointed officials; I have worked very hard to become an expert based on empirical analysis and studied fact. I did not believe in Bigfoot, ghosts or other unexplained anomalies. I believed in results, hard work and, well, results. My perspective is now very different."
This witness describes observing something that was 8-10 feet tall, with long, matted, dark brown hair behind a gas station just southeast of the Santa Fe National Forest. It had "massive, human-like hands" & was walking with a defined gait, with strides that would have equaled 3-4 of his own. The cognitive dissonance:

Quote:
"... This incident was fearful and moving. I was unable to sleep for days and could not even bring myself to tell my wife until recently. Due to my profession and reputation, I have extreme, extreme reluctance about openly sharing my encounter".

From the interviewer: " ... He mentioned that he is a highly credentialed scientist in the medical field. Having a scientific background, the witness finds this personal encounter challenges the rational concept that these animals don't exist per current scientific knowledge."
A side note from that same incident:

Quote:
" ...I have a concealed carry handgun license in the State of New Mexico and was carrying a 1911 .45 at the time of incident. I was so scared that reaching for my weapon would have been an afterthought. I was actually scared stiff."
So, I don't know. I just find it compelling. And believable.

1.BFRO Report 29529: Fishing guide with clients approached by a Florida Skunk-Ape in the Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge (includes witness sketch)
2. BFRO Report 13419: Firefighter describes multiple-witness sighting during the Loma Fire
3. BFRO Report 34954: Stranded motorist has a daytime close encounter with an adult and juvenile near Lake Mack
4.BFRO Report 43399: Scientist skeptic has early morning encounter behind gas station near Las Vegas, NM

Old 09-28-2018, 12:15 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,140,967 times

The problem is that they are only reports and lack evidence. In some of those reports they talk about observing for minutes. I the one you have a guide and two sport fishermen. The very first thing a sport's fisherman does is take a picture. They even stated it was 7:00 AM on a clear day and nobody shot one shot in the 2 minutes they watched.

But all of these could have been hoaxes? Without collecting evidence we have no proof of any BF. Which then takes us full circle. Yes; you accounts are interesting - but we need more.

Old 09-28-2018, 04:15 PM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
The problem is that they are only reports and lack evidence. In some of those reports they talk about observing for minutes. I the one you have a guide and two sport fishermen. The very first thing a sport's fisherman does is take a picture. They even stated it was 7:00 AM on a clear day and nobody shot one shot in the 2 minutes they watched.

But all of these could have been hoaxes? Without collecting evidence we have no proof of any BF. Which then takes us full circle. Yes; you accounts are interesting - but we need more.

There is also the possibility of people wearing BF costumes for the reason of wanting unsuspecting people to witness them. Its much better to get a scientist or other respectable person to say they saw one than a BF hunter to do so.

There was that guy who got run over with a BF costume on. I would not put it past some BF devotee to take all the spare time walking around with a BF costume on just create a pro BF buzz.

Until the day that one is killed or captured its all speculation.

Old 09-28-2018, 04:38 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,134,528 times
There are 4 or 5 Bigfoot threads on this page, all recent. I think Bigfoot is managing his PR status and writing them himself at this point.

Old 09-28-2018, 05:16 PM

15,638 posts, read 26,259,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
I see! You as a nonmod posted this:

"Posts that are Bigfoot isn't real will be deleted. FROM NOW ON, it will be considered trolling,"

I am just confused , please explain.
If someone posts the sentence “Bigfoot isn’t real.” And that’s it, no qualifiers, that’s trolling.

I qualified my saying that Bigfoot isn’t real by saying there is no evidence, no hair, no dna, no carcass, zip nada zilch nothing. That’s NOT trolling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal