Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2018, 03:01 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,121,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
The night I stepped out onto my front porch & heard a noise like rocks tumbling down on top of me; I had a camera ... in my hand (cell phone) but it sounded just like someone on my roof had tipped a wheelbarrow full of medium sized stones up, so I put my arms up over my head & tried to back up under the eaves. I fully expected to be bonked by a rock at any second so I wasn’t even thinking there was a reason to have my camera ready.

But nothing fell. Not even a pebble. Just as I started to bring my arms down I was startled by another unusual sound: That sound a kite makes in the air if it has those long tails & the wind is starting to gust. Like a ripple. But it was also, coming from above me on the roof.

It was after midnight, in a small neighborhood on the very western border of Colorado Springs city limits. Less than a mile from national forest & about half a mile from the Garden of the Gods.

(GoG, is now a National Landmark but it had been for centuries; a crossroads for the nomadic tribes of the Native Americans. According to local stories, the immense sandstone formations were considered sacred ground and that meant that even rival tribes laid down their weapons when entering the Garden of the Gods.)

Directly behind GOG, is the 14,000+ Pikes Peak & an almost vertical wall of the Rocky Mountains which is very rugged & impassible. So it was exceedingly dark but with a moonlit sky. At this point; I hadn’t seen anything yet that I could have pointed a camera at.

The ripple sound lasted about 15 seconds, as I was just bringing down my arms, when suddenly there was a clap of thunder, so loud it pulsated in my eardrums but the weird thing was, is that I was pushed by a wall of air ... & fell backwards into the door.

I then had about 8 seconds to visualize anything that could have been photographed but it would have just been a silhouette of a massive winged ... thing, that glided over me on the porch, the tree in the front yard & as it passed over my neighbors roof it let out a piercing shriek/croak.

And I still, had that dumb phone in my hand. I just stood there for about 20 minutes. I stood there & said to myself over & over “That did not just happen. Nope. Didn’t happen”.

For an entire year, I was in denial & it never crossed my mind but now; I can tell you that people who would worry about taking a picture during that experience would likely not be alive right now & instead would be found draped in the tree tops, just like the cows are just south of here in Las Animas county.

While it could not explain the thunder and the wind (which might have been a lone stray bolt from the blue) it is possible that it was a large bird of prey on the roof?

Years ago we had a flicker (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colaptes) that decided to give it's mating call on our aluminum rain gutter. It always chose right around the time the sun came up in the morning and it sounded like there was a work crew up there with jackhammers. It probably chose the aluminum rain gutter because it was so loud when it pecked on it.

When I was young we also had flying squirrels in our attic and they would make a lot of noise for a very small animal - they loved to play when we slept.

I have to wonder if some of these weird roof noises come from large birds of prey at night? It might be possible that a large owl killed a rabbit and flew to a roof so it would not be disturbed by a fox while eating. It's feet and beak could make lots of noise on any roof while it pulled the rabbit to pieces. With almost a five foot wingspan it would also scare the heck out of anybody that was too close when it took off. I know that, during the daylight, that one of our turkey vultures scared me when I was young. It passed only feet above my head as it was taking off and I had my back turned to it so I never saw it coming. But I did see a very large bird's shadow on the ground as I felt the wind from it's wings over my head.

It is also possible that you encountered nocturnal animals like raccoons or flying squirrels.

The one thing your account does not sound like is a seven to ten foot tall hairy monster. Just out of curiosity; did you lose power after that happened? The reason I am asking is that sometimes our nocturnal creatures will climb telephone polls and short out transformers. When they do so; the transformer explodes and it is loud - almost like a lightening bolt.

Old 09-03-2018, 08:03 AM

30,140 posts, read 11,765,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post

And I still, had that dumb phone in my hand. I just stood there for about 20 minutes. I stood there & said to myself over & over “That did not just happen. Nope. Didn’t happen”.

For an entire year, I was in denial & it never crossed my mind but now; I can tell you that people who would worry about taking a picture during that experience would likely not be alive right now & instead would be found draped in the tree tops, just like the cows are just south of here in Las Animas county.
I have no idea what you are describing or at what state of sobriety you were in during this. However...

There are over 7 billion videos on youtube. Lots of people have security cameras on their property. There are trail cams out in the wilderness. Anyone can put a drone in the sky over bigfoot hotspots and capture wide areas of ground. There are 600,000 trail cam videos on youtube alone. All sorts of wildlife. No clear bigfoot videos. And there is no indication that Bigfoot kills humans or would freak out like Alec Baldwin has with paparazzi simply for being photographed. So I don't see the fear factor on this. The shear volume of possibilities to clearly photograph a bigfoot if it does exist for me should be 100% yet we do not.

Yet we have this bigfoot who purportedly lives as a hunter and gatherer like indigenous people do yet is a master at not being photographed clearly unlike indigenous people who no matter how remote they are, are all known at this point. Not only do we not have photographic or video proof of it but we can't get any DNA evidence either. Yes there are a few clear video and photos but they are all likely fake.

Old 09-03-2018, 08:14 AM

17,338 posts, read 11,262,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I have no idea what you are describing or at what state of sobriety you were in during this. However...

There are over 7 billion videos on youtube. Lots of people have security cameras on their property. There are trail cams out in the wilderness. Anyone can put a drone in the sky over bigfoot hotspots and capture wide areas of ground. There are 600,000 trail cam videos on youtube alone. All sorts of wildlife. No clear bigfoot videos. And there is no indication that Bigfoot kills humans or would freak out like Alec Baldwin has with paparazzi simply for being photographed. So I don't see the fear factor on this. The shear volume of possibilities to clearly photograph a bigfoot if it does exist for me should be 100% yet we do not.

Yet we have this bigfoot who purportedly lives as a hunter and gatherer like indigenous people do yet is a master at not being photographed clearly unlike indigenous people who no matter how remote they are, are all known at this point. Not only do we not have photographic or video proof of it but we can't get any DNA evidence either. Yes there are a few clear video and photos but they are all likely fake.
That's a very good point. There is very clear drone footage of Native Americans living in very remote thick rainforests in Brazil. They are also hunter gatherers. These people have had no to little physical contact with the civilized world and do their best to avoid being contacted yet you can see clear videos of them even though their population if very small.
Certainly something that is seen and heard as often as Bigfoot wouldn't be able to escape being filmed and filmed very clearly more than one or two times.

Old 09-03-2018, 08:21 AM

Quote:

Great post!

One other point about how many cameras: We have some car manufacturers that installed dash cameras and almost anybody can buy a dash camera and install it in any vehicle: https://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-...ics/3248689011. Some of those listed on Amazon are pretty cheap. We have over 250 million vehicles on our roads in the US and, even if only a small portion have these cameras, they still cover many many miles of road. A BF runs across our road you would have it on camera!

Old 09-03-2018, 08:33 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,232,358 times
Quote:

I guess you don't read what i post.

Why do you think that a person with photos or videos or any proof would want to show it?

With your standards ;why try?

Yes there are a few clear video and photos but they are all likely fake.

Old 09-03-2018, 10:19 AM

17,338 posts, read 11,262,503 times
The other thing that I believe proves Bigfoot does not exist is that in over 200 years of Europeans hunting and trapping for furs in the Pacific Northwest as least, not one has been shot and killed. People had no problem killing each other and anything that moved back then, but there's not one authenticated case of someone shooting and killing a Bigfoot. The same applies today with hunters. Someone would become world famous if they were hunting and killed a big foot either by accident or otherwise, yet nothing. It doesn't seem all that difficult to do especially if you were bear hunting and thought you were shooting at a bear from a distance.

Old 09-03-2018, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
The other thing that I believe proves Bigfoot does not exist is that in over 200 years of Europeans hunting and trapping for furs in the Pacific Northwest as least, not one has been shot and killed. People had no problem killing each other and anything that moved back then, but there's not one authenticated case of someone shooting and killing a Bigfoot. The same applies today with hunters. Someone would become world famous if they were hunting and killed a big foot either by accident or otherwise, yet nothing. It doesn't seem all that difficult to do especially if you were bear hunting and thought you were shooting at a bear from a distance.
They would be world famous until they pulled the suit off the BF!

Old 09-03-2018, 10:56 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,232,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post

You are assuming. Shouldn't do that. Just because you haven't heard of one being shot; doesn't mean it hasn't happened. Some hunters have had one in their sight and didn't shoot because it looked so human.
Some say: Why shoot one at all?

Old 09-03-2018, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
You are assuming. Shouldn't do that. Just because you haven't heard of one being shot; doesn't mean it hasn't happened. Some hunters have had one in their sight and didn't shoot because it looked so human.
Some say: Why shoot one at all?

And maybe the one in their sights was human - who is assuming now? Just because we heard a sound, saw a rock fly, saw trees move, saw a pile of lettuce, or saw a bone eaten with flat teeth; does not mean we have BF evidence!

Old 09-03-2018, 04:03 PM

30,140 posts, read 11,765,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
I guess you don't read what i post.

Why do you think that a person with photos or videos or any proof would want to show it?

With your standards ;why try?

Yes there are a few clear video and photos but they are all likely fake.

I don't think my standards on this are very high. DNA evidence of something new that we are not aware of along with a really good unedited video. From what I have gathered Todd Standing has not released the original unedited videos of Bigfoot. If the goal is to get people to take him seriously that would be a good first step.

Have the two things above for the same encounter and I would be on board on this. But right now we have probably sincere people with blurry videos that are inconclusive as to what they are and good looking videos from a few people whose motives are questionable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal