U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2018, 04:28 PM

12,201 posts, read 11,514,519 times

Advertisements

These are some good photos of markers.

Sometimes a tree limb used as a marker can be forced into the ground a couple of feet.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q...otos&FORM=IGRE
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2018, 06:02 PM

17,795 posts, read 14,079,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post

Sometimes a tree limb used as a marker can be forced into the ground a couple of feet.

There is no evidence that Big Foot had anything to do with the way the trees were stacked/cracked or folded. Tree markers; you have to be kidding! There are times when we have wind sheer, down drafts, floods and sometimes people fold trees for shelter. There are many, many logical reasons to have 'weird looking' tree formations. This is really a ridiculous stretch of the imagination to believe something did this on purpose (other than a human or nature).

By the way, as far as shoving branches in the ground; no one has to! If limbs fall, with the butt of the limb first, it will go deep into the ground. I pick limbs up from our five acres all the time. Sometimes they go deep in the ground when they fall. It depends on the moisture in the ground and whether there are any rocks or roots. But it is not uncommon to have limbs a good six inches or a foot in the ground. I have tried to research if anybody was ever hit by the butt of one of these branches and killed (which could easily happen considering my observations). Perhaps a physicist could work the numbers and calculate how much energy is in the 'average' tree branch falling from an average height (if there is such a thing).

Old 09-17-2018, 06:37 PM

BFRO Report 24266: Boy sees large creature peering at him from behind a tree next to Cypress Creek Wellfield

I like this report as well.

Old 09-17-2018, 06:53 PM

Sounds a tree marker can make.

Possible Bigfoot heard screeching at night in Oklahoma

Old 09-17-2018, 08:07 PM

5,321 posts, read 3,074,491 times
Quote:

I saw a program once that said bigfoot creatures in Alaska would break off an entire tree and jam it in the ground upside down. Do you think that's possible?

Old 09-17-2018, 08:10 PM

5,321 posts, read 3,074,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
There is no evidence that Big Foot had anything to do with the way the trees were stacked/cracked or folded. Tree markers; you have to be kidding! There are times when we have wind sheer, down drafts, floods and sometimes people fold trees for shelter. There are many, many logical reasons to have 'weird looking' tree formations. This is really a ridiculous stretch of the imagination to believe something did this on purpose (other than a human or nature).

By the way, as far as shoving branches in the ground; no one has to! If limbs fall, with the butt of the limb first, it will go deep into the ground. I pick limbs up from our five acres all the time. Sometimes they go deep in the ground when they fall. It depends on the moisture in the ground and whether there are any rocks or roots. But it is not uncommon to have limbs a good six inches or a foot in the ground. I have tried to research if anybody was ever hit by the butt of one of these branches and killed (which could easily happen considering my observations). Perhaps a physicist could work the numbers and calculate how much energy is in the 'average' tree branch falling from an average height (if there is such a thing).
Fish, I think getting hit by a sizable limb would definitely kill a person. I've had several in my back yard that penetrated the ground like a spear. I won't mow my lawn when the wind's blowing very hard for that very reason. Plus, it gives me a good excuse to procrastinate. Seriously though, it could be really dangerous.

Old 09-17-2018, 08:24 PM

17,795 posts, read 14,079,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Fish, I think getting hit by a sizable limb would definitely kill a person. I've had several in my back yard that penetrated the ground like a spear. I won't mow my lawn when the wind's blowing very hard for that very reason. Plus, it gives me a good excuse to procrastinate. Seriously though, it could be really dangerous.

I had one that could have snapped my neck. I had just started to cut one dead tree and something moving at me caught my peripheral vision. I just put my hand quickly on top of my head when a good size limb struck me. Fortunately it hit my forearm that made a 45% angle with my head and it reduced the blow. But I was still dazed. I was also far back in the woods; about four miles from the nearest paved road. I was very, very, lucky that I could walk away without permanent damage.

If every time I saw a limb sticking in the ground I contributed it to a BF; they would be running all over. I am surprised that I could not find an online reference to somebody dying because the limb penetrated their skull. But there is enough force there to do that. I know that people have been killed by broken necks; but I just cannot find 'speared in the head by a limb'.

Old 09-17-2018, 08:36 PM

13,558 posts, read 3,579,245 times
Quote:

Have you actually been to any of these locations yourself?

Old 09-17-2018, 10:21 PM

4,528 posts, read 4,017,523 times
The whole Bigfoot thing when it eventually breaks will open a huge can-of-worms which will spark all kinds of ramifications both religious and scientific.

Do we really think the authorities want such a revellation? It seems not, not only because there are folks who deny the existence of BF but also because there are folks who believe deeply in the standard model of evolution and creation. Even on here in this forum.

Old 09-18-2018, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
I saw a program once that said bigfoot creatures in Alaska would break off an entire tree and jam it in the ground upside down. Do you think that's possible?
It would depend on the size of the tree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal