Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2018, 09:45 PM

6,931 posts, read 6,864,193 times

Advertisements

Not sure whether this is a topic for this forum or not. It seems, looking at the topics on the Religion/Spirituality forum, there are more people aligned to this kind of thinking here on the Unexplained/Paranormal forum, but mods - if you think it needs to be moved, please do so.

I am not quite sure how to describe this but I will try. Assume there are such things as I am describing (astral body, spirit/Higher Self, silver cord, etc) if you believe that kind of thing, otherwise this post probably wont be of interest.

Mystics describe a silver cord which attaches our astral body to our physical body, so that when we leave our physical the silver cord stretches out and stays attached. They say that when it detaches, we leave this physical plane.
Physical <===> silver cord <===> astral body

If you subscribe to this belief, then you must also probably subscribe to the belief in a Spirit part (Higher Self, Oversoul, etc) of us which is the permanent part.

OK, so somewhere there MUST be a connection from the 3D part of us to the Spirit part of us in order for the Spirit to have a permanent connection to the 3D part.

So, in your understanding or in various occult literature, where is this connection from our 3D part to our greater self part, where does it attach etc because it MUST be a different thing to the silver cord?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2018, 06:47 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
What I've read is that the silver cord attaches the soul with the physical body. It's a direct connection with no astral body mentioned. The cord disappears once the physical body has died.

I've also read that a part of the soul remains on the other side at all times, and this is the higher self.

I'm not sure if I completely understand your question, so it's possible I'm not answering it.

Old 10-10-2018, 10:42 PM

6,931 posts, read 6,864,193 times
The literature on out-of-body states, say that the out-of-body vehicle is attached to the physical by way of a silver cord. People have seen it and verified its existence (not for scientific purposes, obviously).

Now, unless we are saying that the conscious 'I' which does the astral/OOB travelling IS the soul and total larger self, then they must be different parts of our whole being right? Some people recognise a number of 'bodies' which are different entities or parts of our whole being.

I feel (just as you appear to do) there is a higher part of us which is not "down here" in 3D reality and the part of us which IS "down here" is not the whole thing. Therefore, there must be an attachment from the higher part of us to the part which is "down here" and that cannot be the silver cord, as that is the part which attaches the physical to the astral (the part which does the astral travelling).

I think it is going to be tricky to get the terminology correct so that everything becomes clear and maybe I have not understood something correctly when reading the astral body/soul/spirit literature.

Old 10-11-2018, 07:51 AM

855 posts, read 623,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
The literature on out-of-body states, say that the out-of-body vehicle is attached to the physical by way of a silver cord. People have seen it and verified its existence (not for scientific purposes, obviously).

Now, unless we are saying that the conscious 'I' which does the astral/OOB travelling IS the soul and total larger self, then they must be different parts of our whole being right? Some people recognise a number of 'bodies' which are different entities or parts of our whole being.

I feel (just as you appear to do) there is a higher part of us which is not "down here" in 3D reality and the part of us which IS "down here" is not the whole thing. Therefore, there must be an attachment from the higher part of us to the part which is "down here" and that cannot be the silver cord, as that is the part which attaches the physical to the astral (the part which does the astral travelling).

I think it is going to be tricky to get the terminology correct so that everything becomes clear and maybe I have not understood something correctly when reading the astral body/soul/spirit literature.
I’ve read somewhere that our higher selves are up there
somewhere (I’ll call it “back at Headquarters” ), while our
lower selves are here on earth. This is what makes it possible
for a deceased loved one to be with you (or at least visit from
time to time) and yet still manage to reincarnate elsewhere.
On top of that, some have suggested that an individual can
have up to seven incarnations going simultaneously. Don’t
quite know how that’s all figured out, but hey, it’s kinda cool
to think about.

-

Old 10-11-2018, 09:35 AM

Quote:

Based on what I've read, the silver cord is the tether that keeps the astral body and physical body connected during astral travel and NDE's.

There is no material connection with our higher self because the higher self is not physical, nor is the part of us that is communicating with our higher self.

Old 10-11-2018, 08:46 PM

Quote:

I meant to add that I had incorrect terminology in mind which is why I initially answered you incorrectly by saying the astral body wasn't part of it. I was thinking the astral body is just the name for the etherel body when it goes to the astral plane. I was wrong, so hopefully my correct terminology and response makes more sense.

Old 10-12-2018, 03:28 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,016,112 times
I've had a couple of incidents of what I believe were out of body, astral travel events. Maybe they weren't...maybe there's another explanation...

But at any rate...there wasn't any silver cord.

I felt myself come out of my body, and I went somewhere...but I didn't feel attached, or see a cord. That said, the 'landing' coming back to my body was rough.

At the time, I didn't know what I was experiencing. I was young. 14 years old. Later reading on the topic has made me think Astral travel was what happened.

Old 10-16-2018, 10:13 AM

2,211 posts, read 1,571,343 times
"Lest the Silver Cord ever be loosed." I think this is in the Bible.

Yes, I am interested in this too...

Old 10-16-2018, 10:16 AM

2,211 posts, read 1,571,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
I've had a couple of incidents of what I believe were out of body, astral travel events. Maybe they weren't...maybe there's another explanation...

I felt myself come out of my body, and I went somewhere...but I didn't feel attached, or see a cord. That said, the 'landing' coming back to my body was rough.

At the time, I didn't know what I was experiencing. I was young. 14 years old. Later reading on the topic has made me think Astral travel was what happened.
I was dead once... Maybe twice. (Okay, it was twice.) I was not lucky enough to meet anyone... It was just a dead black, the first time felt for maybe about 45 seconds maybe a minute I really don't remember exactly just almost exactly... Almost four hours had passed. The second time... Almost the same. Less time had passed. I lost so much blood they are amazed I made it.

People have told me that my testimony of not seeing our Creator (yes, we were created, we didn't just come out of ooze when lightning struck. Think, people) is "evidence there is no God;" no... Me being alive is evidence that God is real.

I'm not confirtable sharing just how amazing me being here like nothing happened is, but, God is good.

Old 10-16-2018, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post

There was a silver cord, you just didn't see or feel it. Had you wandered too far off it would have snapped you back. Some people have seen it, but not all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creamer1 View Post
"Lest the Silver Cord ever be loosed." I think this is in the Bible.

Yes, I am interested in this too...

Ecclesastes 12:5-7

5 when people are afraid of heights
and of dangers in the streets;
when the almond tree blossoms
and the grasshopper drags itself along
and desire no longer is stirred.
Then people go to their eternal home
and mourners go about the streets.

6 Remember him—before the silver cord is severed,
and the golden bowl is broken;
before the pitcher is shattered at the spring,
and the wheel broken at the well,
7 and the dust returns to the ground it came from,
and the spirit returns to God who gave it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal