Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2018, 11:15 PM

10,113 posts, read 19,394,180 times

Advertisements

I feel his soul is not at rest. He's been gone over 30+ years, and I'm past the grief and mourn stage. The rest of my family is gone, too, and I do occasionally dream of them, but not like these dreams. These dreams are quite vivid, and emotional. Grandpa wants something recognized and handled, and I'm the only living relative he can contact. I feel it might be his headstone, it had two glaring errors, but my mother declined to fix it. I think I might replace the headstone with an accurate one, perhaps that's GP problem. Even if not, its something that has bothered me and I would like to correct. Or, perhaps the dreams are me, telling myself to take care of the issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2018, 11:45 PM

1,376 posts, read 1,365,874 times
Only one way to find out. This may be it.

Old 10-31-2018, 02:28 AM

23,861 posts, read 33,523,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
I feel his soul is not at rest. He's been gone over 30+ years, and I'm past the grief and mourn stage. The rest of my family is gone, too, and I do occasionally dream of them, but not like these dreams. These dreams are quite vivid, and emotional. Grandpa wants something recognized and handled, and I'm the only living relative he can contact. I feel it might be his headstone, it had two glaring errors, but my mother declined to fix it. I think I might replace the headstone with an accurate one, perhaps that's GP problem. Even if not, its something that has bothered me and I would like to correct. Or, perhaps the dreams are me, telling myself to take care of the issue.
Wouldn't surprise me if this is what the dream is about. Let us know how you make out.

Does he have find a grave? Is the info right there?

Old 10-31-2018, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Wouldn't surprise me if this is what the dream is about. Let us know how you make out.

Does he have find a grave? Is the info right there?
IDK I will check.

I had another dream last night, but this time he didn't speak or appear.

I was at his home, all was dark. I went inside to find him. I went towards his bedroom, the door was closed. Notes were written all over the door, like nurses' notes, like urine output, med administered, etc. I opened the door and everything was white, like a hospital room. I tried to call out to GP, but no response. Then I checked the fridge, not much food. I said we need to go shopping. Then I went to the backyard, and decided to repair a gate. I removed the gate, but then decided to put it back. Then, I looked up, and on the roof was---Grandpa! At least I thought it was, and I said, Grandpa what are you doing up there? Then I realized it was a statue of sorts, made of empty cans, that looked just like him. I thought it was a type of scarecrow, to ward off burglars. Then, somehow I was back in his house, and a light came on under the door, and I knew it was my mother, come to end the dream, which it did.

Old 10-31-2018, 06:18 PM

I figure Grandpa wants something, and all I can figure is he wants his headstone replaced with an accurate one. The original one, placed by my mother, has two errors. I always wanted to correct it, and now I'm doing that. I'm getting prices, etc, and will try to have it replaced before the end of this year. Perhaps then GP can RIP.

Old 10-31-2018, 07:48 PM

What glaring mistakes was it, if you don't mind telling us? Would he be really bothered by it or is it you that are bothered?

You mentioned the you were bothered by it so I figured that you dreamt of your grandfather because it concerned him.

Old 10-31-2018, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeGer View Post
What glaring mistakes was it, if you don't mind telling us? Would he be really bothered by it or is it you that are bothered?

You mentioned the you were bothered by it so I figured that you dreamt of your grandfather because it concerned him.
His date-of-death was off by two years.

The dates were just the year, not the month and day

His name was misspelled.

Old 10-31-2018, 11:57 PM

That's some mistakes alright. I'd be bothered too.

Old 11-01-2018, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeGer View Post
That's some mistakes alright. I'd be bothered too.

Ok, see why I'm having nightmares? Also, my whole family are buried in Detroit I haven't been back since my mother died, about 30 years ago. All their markers are bronze, including my father's, who has a bronze Veteran's marker. I've read how such bronze markers are stolen and sold for scrap. How low can one get

I will contact the cemetery tomorrow to arrange to replace grandpa's marker. Since the rest of the family's markers are bronze, I would like to replace his with a bronze one, too. Just looking at the prices, it would be about $1200+ for ONE bronze marker. Perhaps I will consider replacing all of them -- that's four -- in a cheaper, granite or stone type. They are about $300--$400 each, so I could replace them all for about one bronze, and not worry they will be stolen in the future (if they haven't been stolen already, maybe that's what GP is trying to tell me)

Old 11-01-2018, 07:19 AM

Thanks for telling us this Marylee, that is a mess and a half.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal