Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2018, 03:02 PM

5,126 posts, read 7,405,069 times

Advertisements

I have always relied on Astrodienst for an accurate natal chart. It's been recommended so highly by so many astrologers.

Lately, I've input my birth information into several other sites that generate natal charts, and gotten conflicting results. I wasn't expecting this.

Half the sites say my Ascendant is Scorpio, and half say my Ascendant is Libra! Other things are different also.

What gives?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2018, 04:51 PM

4,005 posts, read 2,079,381 times
I don't know, but it might be similar to an experience I had where I was solidly a Sag all my life, but recently found out that according to Vedic/India Astrology I am a Scorpio.

Different strokes for different folks depending on location maybe?

Old 10-25-2018, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post

I don't know, but it might be similar to an experience I had where I was solidly a Sag all my life, but recently found out that according to Vedic/India Astrology I am a Scorpio.

Different strokes for different folks depending on location maybe?
No, you always put in the birth location, time, and date to figure out a natal chart.

The location where you currently live doesn't change your natal chart.

I know that Horoscope and Astrology - Homepage - Astrodienst (Astrodienst) is the gold standard for free natal charts, so I'll conclude the others are dead wrong. Astrodienst says I have a Scorpio ascendant.

I did charts on several sites, some being the same results as Astrodienst and some different. One was on Cafe Astrology that gave me the wrong rising sign, and other people have evidently had the same problem with it's inaccuracy. Cafe Astrology says I have a Libra ascendant.

I definitely come off like someone with a Scorpio ascendant.

Old 10-26-2018, 11:47 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,545,163 times
Sites differ by one ascendant sign. You're familiar with Astrology, and already know sequence of houses are significant changes.

I had a professional Astrological chart done years ago; recently used an unfamiliar site for my own ( not Astrodienst or Cafe Astrology ), just as a comparative for the heck of it. Ascendent one sign off from the usual. What surprised me, astrologers house info was spot on!

Old 10-27-2018, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post

Sites differ by one ascendant sign. You're familiar with Astrology, and already know sequence of houses are significant changes.

I had a professional Astrological chart done years ago; recently used an unfamiliar site for my own (not Astrodienst or Cafe Astrology), just as a comparative for the heck of it. Ascendent one sign off from the usual. What surprised me, astrologers house info was spot on!
Yes, I know. But the point is that the ascendant sign should not differ. The ascendant is pretty important in describing the person.

I e-mailed Cafe Astrology to tell them I think their natal chart generator is off.

There is no way I have a Libra ascendant. No one who knows me would recognize that description. Astrodienst, which is the most highly recommended, gives me a Scorpio ascendant with Libra in my 12th house.

Old 10-27-2018, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
Yes, I know. But the point is that the ascendant sign should not differ. The ascendant is pretty important in describing the person.

I e-mailed Cafe Astrology to tell them I think their natal chart generator is off.

There is no way I have a Libra ascendant. No one who knows me would recognize that description. Astrodienst, which is the most highly recommended, gives me a Scorpio ascendant with Libra in my 12th house.
Is your ascendant the only placement of Scorpio ?

Old 10-29-2018, 02:47 AM

6,931 posts, read 6,864,193 times
The math to calculate the ascendant yourself to check what is correct is not difficult. It needs some lookups from almanacs of siderial times etc I believe but the calculations should be able to be done by anyone with high school or less education.

I realise it is easier to rely on free online chart programs but any program is only as good as the programmer who put it all together, and they did it from the manual calculations and translated those into entry input fields and formulas behind the scenes.

Have you checked the Latitude and Longitude values of your birth location? These will obviously make a difference if they are wrong.

I believe there are various house systems but, dont they all start from the same place - the Ascendant ?

Old 10-29-2018, 07:55 AM

Quote:

Is your ascendant the only placement of Scorpio ?
Scorpio Ascendant
Scorpio Moon
Leo Sun

The idea of me having a Libra ascendant is hilarious. BTW, ask my mother if I have the "Scorpio stare". As a child, I once overheard her telling a friend that every time she was going to discipline me for something, I'd fix her with an intense "drop dead" look that was unnerving. Thank God she was laughing when she said it.

Libra is in my 12th house. My North Node is also in my 12th house. So I might be trying to embody more Libra in this lifetime, but I'm not there yet. Ha ha ha.

Old 10-31-2018, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
Scorpio Ascendant
Scorpio Moon
Leo Sun

Did you hear back from Cafe Astrology?

Does anything from houses in Cafe site resonate ?

Old 10-31-2018, 11:48 AM

Quote:

Did you hear back from Cafe Astrology?

Does anything from houses in Cafe site resonate ?
Did not hear back.

The only things that resonate in the Cafe site, are the elements that remained the same as Astro.com.

Not only do I not come off as Libra rising, but I also am not attracted to the Aries-type partners that an Aries descendant would suggest. I tend to find Aries people difficult.

Scorpio ascendant has my descendant in Taurus, and that fits. I'm only attracted to inherently stable and calm partners. I like a definite witty spark in their personality, but would hate the snappy anger that I see in so many Aries people.

I have an Aries father and an Aries sister, and I would never marry that personality. There must be calmer Aries people out there, but I don't know any of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal