Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2018, 10:23 AM

349 posts, read 990,985 times

Advertisements

I know quite a bit about astrology, but the South/North Node is difficult to find trustworthy information on.

Most of the information out there suggests that the South Node in our natal chart represents "past lives" or "where we're coming from" (i.e. areas of innate strength or things that come "naturally" to us), whereas the North Node represents things "we must work on" or develop in order to achieve success and fulfillment.

But here's what I don't understand:

1) Is the North Node where we're actually going to in the future, or just "something we need to work on and develop"? Well, I can choose what to "work on" or not to "work on." What if we don't work on or develop it? What if we don't make any conscious effort -- then the North Node won't be reached? Or will it be reached regardless, just because we've always moving away from the South Node to North Node throughout our lives as a function of time?

2) I'm confused by all this past-lives terminology and wish that this topic was explained simply in terms of a person's life. Is it fair to say that the South Node is the childhood or youth, while the North Node is older age?

In other words, is the SN/NN how a person inevitably matures throughout their life, regardless of conscious actions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2018, 12:34 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
Not surprisingly, North and South nodes are opposing signs in the zodiac. For those who dont believe in, or not firm on belief in past life, think of S. nodes as childhood or where you start, and dominant. My take on S. Nodes what hasn't worked in the past, playing out over and over until we get it. N.node whats you need to incorporate; more a blending of the two for progression.

Old 11-23-2018, 06:07 PM

349 posts, read 990,985 times
But that goes back to my question -- what you "need to" incorporate? Or what you WILL incorporate? If you don't do anything, if you just live your life, does the N. Node still apply as you age?

Old 11-23-2018, 07:11 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene80 View Post
But that goes back to my question -- what you "need to" incorporate? Or what you WILL incorporate? If you don't do anything, if you just live your life, does the N. Node still apply as you age?
Answers of what to incorporate are contained in your personal N. node sign. My S.nodes rough around the edges and blunt, that can be a problem communication wise. I still work on softening my approach while keeping it real. We all came here with issues to work on. Like the sun sign and the rest of our charts, the N. node will always apply.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal