Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2018, 07:59 AM

6,219 posts, read 5,936,897 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
That is one of the problems with wild turkey season; hunters sometimes shoot at the sound of a turkey with deadly consequences. Hunters like that should not be allowed in the woods and some of them are locked up.
Like these guys from Monty Python:

https://youtu.be/EjbIPLgUY_g

Quote:
Even if somebody had a great view of what they felt was a BF; there is still a good chance that it might be a human in disguise. .
I sometimes wonder how many BF sightings are hunters in ghillie suits. Some of those things look close to descriptions of BF.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2018, 09:11 AM

10,545 posts, read 7,731,511 times
Mystery/Paranormal? No, gross stupidity. Good grief, this makes Montana look bad. Ford probably doesn't appreciate it either.

Old 12-21-2018, 12:17 PM

13,395 posts, read 13,495,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
"... if I see something that looks like Bigfoot, I just shoot at it..."

One of the best things I've ever read in this forum.
A regular height person NOT covered head to toe in fur looks like Bigfoot? I think someone just likes to shoot at people. I hope he gets caught. Can't believe two adults got shot at and can't describe the man or didn't a license number.

Old 12-21-2018, 01:29 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,936,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
A regular height person NOT covered head to toe in fur looks like Bigfoot? I think someone just likes to shoot at people. I hope he gets caught. Can't believe two adults got shot at and can't describe the man or didn't a license number.
I suspect he might be a few fries short of a Happy Meal.

Old 12-21-2018, 01:36 PM

2,269 posts, read 1,636,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Cleric View Post
Mystery/Paranormal? No, gross stupidity. Good grief, this makes Montana look bad. Ford probably doesn't appreciate it either.
No kidding. Know you target and what’s beyond. Unless you’re looking for serious trouble, never shoot at sounds, movement or shapes you can’t clearly identify.

Old 12-21-2018, 03:09 PM

9,398 posts, read 11,143,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
"... if I see something that looks like Bigfoot, I just shoot at it..."

One of the best things I've ever read in this forum.
Lucky Mr. Target Shooter didn't return fire. That would seem a natural instinct.

Unfortunately, the guy who resembled Bigfeet was too dumb to get a plate number or a photo. That shooter a-hole needs a good talking-to.

You don't just shoot at stuff. And thank God he's a damn poor shot.

Last edited by Dwatted Wabbit; 12-21-2018 at 03:41 PM..

Old 12-22-2018, 11:26 PM

7,058 posts, read 9,073,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
A study in 2017 found that — despite sightings reported across the country each year — only 16 percent of Americans believe Bigfoot is real, McClatchy reported. Compare that with 50 percent of people who believe in ghosts and 35 percent who believe ancient aliens visited the planet.
Wait...what?

Sheesh, my opinion of people was already low, but this is even worse than I thought.

Old 12-23-2018, 07:21 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,119,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatted Wabbit View Post
Lucky Mr. Target Shooter didn't return fire. That would seem a natural instinct.

Unfortunately, the guy who resembled Bigfeet was too dumb to get a plate number or a photo. That shooter a-hole needs a good talking-to.

You don't just shoot at stuff. And thank God he's a damn poor shot.
I have been shot at and hit while in the field. Fortunately it was fine shot and it only stung or simply felt like rain. Your instinct is not to return fire. Your instinct is to let the other hunter know that you are human and that you are downrange. It is not uncommon to get dusted while hunting birds in thick cover where other hunters do not know your location. That said you try to minimize those events.

I once hunted deer with a man that valued the deer meat over his fellow hunters and had at least one of his bullets hit the tree where I was standing. That was the last time I hunted with him and I gave him a good piece of my mind - but I would never think of returning fire. That is the first rule of gun safety; you never point a gun at anybody.

I don't think there are the hunters like we had years ago. The first day of deer season used to sound like a war; at least for the first few hours. Today I might hear a few shots; but they are spaced out over days. Of course developments have taken up much of what used to be open land. But people have lost interest and the numbers are declining.

Old 12-23-2018, 07:35 AM

50,239 posts, read 46,991,184 times
Guarantee I'm returning fire if shot at. Wearing orange isn't a requirement in many States. Anyone shooting at stuff moving needs to be banned from hunting for years.

It sounds like a made up story.

Old 12-23-2018, 09:23 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,119,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Guarantee I'm returning fire if shot at. Wearing orange isn't a requirement in many States. Anyone shooting at stuff moving needs to be banned from hunting for years.

It sounds like a made up story.
It wasn't! I used to do a lot of grouse, pheasant and duck hunting. For pheasants you are on one side of a overgrown stone row and cannot always see what is on the other side. You shoot at birds in the air not realizing some of the pellets could fall on a hunter in the distance. Keep in mind that 7 and 1/2 shot is pretty harmless at 100 yards. For grouse you are in dense cover that you are pushing your body through and it is hard to see anything - I usually would whistle to let fellow hunters know my location. For ducks you are in a blind or on the edge of a pond as the sun first rises and some cloudy/foggy days do reduce visibility. Of course with duck hunting hunters are usually shooting at a higher angle in the sky.

One does not start a war because you had some fine shot hit you! Even for the story we are talking about, if true, the man was unhurt and simply did not want more bullets in his direction. It is odd that he did not take down the man's license plate. But, if he had shot back, there could have been a fatality and it could have been his.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal