Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2018, 04:27 PM

35 posts, read 41,302 times

Advertisements

So, I am wondering if anyone out there has had an experience like my own.

When I was a child I used to hold my breath until I passed out if I didn't get what I wanted. Apparently I did this numerous times or so I am told. I was the youngest of four children and according to my closest sibling I was a spoiled little brat. When I was 3 years old I did it one time too many. I do not remember anything about my life before about 5 years old except this event. I remember this event vividly. What I remember is the following, this would have been 1981:
I remember floating above my body. I was looking down at my body laying on the kitchen floor. My mom and my sister were standing in the kitchen next to me crying and my brother was down on his knees performing resuscitation breathing on me. I remember some things clearly, I had been in a high chair, that I had no pants on, just a diaper. I can remember what my mom and sister were wearing and I can remember how the kitchen looked. It was as if I was floating about 10-15 off the ground and there was no ceiling. I could see very clearly. I was not scared or nervous. I remember feeling bad that my mom and sister were so upset. I do not remember thinking any words but it was just more of an understanding of what had happened and a general sense that everything was going to be fine whether I lived or if I indeed was to remain dead. I guess this is what they call an out of body experience. Whatever it was, it was very real and calming.
The only other memories I have from that time until I was about 5 years old are vivid dreams. More like nightmares honestly. I had two recurring dreams over and over until I was about 8 years old. In the first dream I would be in a place that stretched away in every direction perfectly flat. The sky overhead was storm clouds and dark grey. The floor was a checkerboard pattern of a deep purple and black squares. My mother was sitting in a chair with her arms stretched out toward me and I was running towards her as hard as I could but I seemed to be going so slow and I could never get to her. I was always maybe 30 feet away. I remember feeling incredibly slow and small and tired. this dream would sometimes seem to go on for hours.
The second recurring dream was that I was in some sort of cave way down in the earth and it was like a dome. The walls and ceiling and floor were all made of dirt. In the center was a huge deep pit that I could not look into but down in it was like lava or something because that was the place that the light was coming from. It was probably 200-300 feet across and circular with a narrow ledge to run around of about 6 feet wide. On the one side of the ledge was the pit that you would fall into and the other side was the dirt wall that went up into a dome ceiling. There was no way in or out at all. I was alone in this place and I was running for my life around the ledge and I was being chased by some faceless mud men. There were 2 or 3 of them and they would disappear into the shadows of the wall and then come running out very fast around the ledge toward me and I would have to run away again around the ledge until they got to another shadowy spot. This dream was terrifying and always very short.

All my adolescent life I was extremely nervous and I remember having to go to dr. because I would go into a "state" of fear that would almost paralyze me other than for crying. At about 8 years old most of this left me and I became much like other kids. I enjoyed school and playing with friends just like normal. But every once in a while I would have premonitions and they would scare me real good. Some of them I got to witness come true, mostly I just got as far away as I could until the feeling was gone.
As an adult I dont have much of this type of experiences anymore, I have spent most of my life walking away from any kind of weird feelings and going in the opposite direction.
Is any of this related to my "death" experience? if so, how/why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2018, 04:49 PM

5,449 posts, read 4,043,852 times
It is impossible to hold your breath until you die. You pass out, when you are unconscious, you start breathing again.
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal