Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2019, 12:54 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
What behavior, what actions? Do we really know which ones are aliens and which ones are our governments? Then toss in all of the eventually 'explained' sightings and we do not know anything. We do know enough to be confused!
Read thru some of the MUFON and NUFORC UFO sightings, a large number of witnesses will say they see a strange craft, hovering in place, and then it vanishes in a matter of seconds, many others will report seeing strange craft darting about in the sky, making hard angle turns and other feats known aircraft are not capable of.

One of the common themes across nearly all UFO reports is, that UFOs dont stick around for long, its usually a matter of seconds before they are gone, or vanished. You can read thru reports from 100 yrs ago and see the same things being reported, they come and go QUICKLY.

In my opinion, this does not seem like the behavior to be expected if they were 'beings' visiting from some other place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2019, 04:09 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,137,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Read thru some of the MUFON and NUFORC UFO sightings, a large number of witnesses will say they see a strange craft, hovering in place, and then it vanishes in a matter of seconds, many others will report seeing strange craft darting about in the sky, making hard angle turns and other feats known aircraft are not capable of.

One of the common themes across nearly all UFO reports is, that UFOs dont stick around for long, its usually a matter of seconds before they are gone, or vanished. You can read thru reports from 100 yrs ago and see the same things being reported, they come and go QUICKLY.

In my opinion, this does not seem like the behavior to be expected if they were 'beings' visiting from some other place.
Like I have stated before, if they spent all that time traveling; it would not be to visit. After you spend a long time in the car you're tired and miserable; you just want to get the job done and go home. Or; you want to kick out the old tenants and move in! I just don't buy into kissy face and warm fuzzy, huggee, aliens!

Old 01-15-2019, 10:11 AM

239 posts, read 155,976 times
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Species_(film)

This reminds me of that 1995 movie: Species. The radio signals give a code to create Natasha Henstridge.

Old 01-15-2019, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnappleApple View Post
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Species_(film)

This reminds me of that 1995 movie: Species. The radio signals give a code to create Natasha Henstridge.
I forgot about that one and I had a crush on the alien! Fortunately, for me, we never got together!

Old 01-15-2019, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Like I have stated before, if they spent all that time traveling; it would not be to visit. After you spend a long time in the car you're tired and miserable; you just want to get the job done and go home. Or; you want to kick out the old tenants and move in! I just don't buy into kissy face and warm fuzzy, huggee, aliens!
I dont buy into that either, but at the same time, an ant in my backyard would not be able to understand why I get up and go to work everyday or why man goes into space, to the moon, etc, its just BEYOND their comprehension.

I believe, even if an alien landed in my front yard and explained why they are coming here, why they do the things they do, it wouldnt make any sense to me...

My best guess is they are some kind of inter-dimensional beings, or some 'origin' that we know absolutely nothing about.

Old 01-15-2019, 01:10 PM

Quote:
I dont buy into that either, but at the same time, an ant in my backyard would not be able to understand why I get up and go to work everyday or why man goes into space, to the moon, etc, its just BEYOND their comprehension.

I believe, even if an alien landed in my front yard and explained why they are coming here, why they do the things they do, it wouldnt make any sense to me...

My best guess is they are some kind of inter-dimensional beings, or some 'origin' that we know absolutely nothing about.
Are you moving the goal post on me? I thought we were talking about aliens from other worlds and now you want to toss in inter-dimensional! Hey; I have some worm holes in my back yard - but they all have worms (great for fishing)!

Old 01-16-2019, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Are you moving the goal post on me? I thought we were talking about aliens from other worlds and now you want to toss in inter-dimensional! Hey; I have some worm holes in my back yard - but they all have worms (great for fishing)!
I thought we were discussing alien 'origins' in general...??

While I do believe there are other planets out there with civilizations on them,(some are likely more advanced than us), I think the majority of 'UFOs' people report seeing, are 'closer to home', I cannot really explain that or where it is they originate, but I get the feeling its not some far off distant planet or place.

We just assume they are 'from another planet or place/dimension', in reality, their origins may be something totally different, something we know nothing about.

Old 01-16-2019, 02:21 PM

Quote:
I thought we were discussing alien 'origins' in general...??

While I do believe there are other planets out there with civilizations on them,(some are likely more advanced than us), I think the majority of 'UFOs' people report seeing, are 'closer to home', I cannot really explain that or where it is they originate, but I get the feeling its not some far off distant planet or place.

We just assume they are 'from another planet or place/dimension', in reality, their origins may be something totally different, something we know nothing about.
They could be; but we are really reaching. We could speculate about time travel and many other possibilities; but we have no proof and we also do not have the technology. Do we accept what we do not know or do we go with what we think is true?

There is nothing wrong with speculation. Speculation leads people to try new ideas. Some of them will work and some will not.

Old 01-16-2019, 06:16 PM

Quote:
They could be; but we are really reaching. We could speculate about time travel and many other possibilities; but we have no proof and we also do not have the technology. Do we accept what we do not know or do we go with what we think is true?

There is nothing wrong with speculation. Speculation leads people to try new ideas. Some of them will work and some will not.
Yes, I forgot to mention the time travel theory, I first heard that a couple years ago...it would explain quite a bit, but it raises other questions in the process.

I remember one NUFORC report from back in the 90s, a witness got a great look at this immense craft, he was able to see large windows and port holes thru out the craft, claimed he saw regular looking men, they were in a type of uniform and appeared to be working, moving around, etc.

There are a few other reports like that one, claim they have seen craft occupants.

Old 01-17-2019, 04:44 AM

7,259 posts, read 5,131,727 times
Pulsars?....Anyone?.. Pulsar?.....Beuhler? Pulsar?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal