Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2019, 08:25 AM

12,840 posts, read 9,567,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
I've had a few strange experiences over the years. The first when I was 12 when my little sister came to 'visit' me four months after she died. Sleeping soundly but something woke me up and I saw her, sitting on the end of my bed with her legs tucked under her and wearing her burial clothes. I told my mom about it but she dismissed it as "a dream". It wasn't. I was devastated by her death and I was always convinced she came to let me know she was okay. Smiled really big and then was gone. In later years my mom told me she did believe I'd seen my sister.

My grandfather died when I was in my early 20s. The family was at the hospital, in his room, and he was nearly 'gone'. Then he sat up, looked across the room, smiled sooooo big and put his arms out, then laid back down and took his last breath. I watched that in total amazement and have always wondered who he saw.

My sister passed away Thanksgiving morning 2016. I went to visit her kids and their families last summer and they told me stories of her coming to 'visit' and how she let them know she was there. Things moved, noises, etc.. One night, watching TV, we heard what sounded like someone messing with the kitchen trash, rattling bottles and cans. They all yelled, "Hi Mom!". lol

When I first moved into this house I heard noises, doors opened and closed, just different little things and I wondered if the previous owner was still hanging around. She had passed away six months prior. My mom had passed away also, three months prior, so I decided to believe it was her!

Couple of days ago I was watching TV and out the corner of my eye I watched my back door open! I haven't used that door in weeks. Went to check and the deadbolt was still in place so how did it open???
Thank you for sharing. Yeah, I've had some experiences where I've pinched myself to make sure I was awake.

Life after death is kind of a positive assurance for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2019, 11:01 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,192,756 times
One day after my father died I was making my bed in a bright sunlight day in a quiet building. And I heard my father's voice at a normal speaking level make a comment about the weather and then it faded away.

My reaction was, typical of him. Come "back" from wherever and make a totally non-personal comment.

What did/does it mean: zero.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal