Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2019, 07:01 PM

2,480 posts, read 1,551,658 times

Advertisements

The sad answer is no. As others here have posted, time is an idea. Human. However, time is a very useful idea, of course. With time we may measure. What’s really important, I guess, is learning from the past and preparing for the future.

I recommend Asimov for fun reading on the topic of time travel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2019, 07:06 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,720,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
Is time travel possible?
Yes, but only in the future. We are all time travelling right now in daily life, but you can also go ahead of everyone if you go very fast and especially if you approach the speed of light (which is nearly impossible for massive entities such as humans).

Time travel backwards, however, is completely impossible and nonsensical for the simple reason that time is not a real concept. Time, simply put, is the opportunity for entropy to increase. People have been talking backwards time travel for a long time because the equations in Physics work perfectly well with -t

But just because the equations work it does not mean it's something tangible in real life

Old 02-27-2019, 10:34 PM

10 posts, read 11,873 times
Quote:
Is time travel real?
No more than this illusion we call physical reality.

Old 02-27-2019, 11:01 PM

8,553 posts, read 10,978,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
Sorry (because I would like to believe it), I have to doubt the above post and article because if that were true, the remote viewer would make a FORTUNE. (Not that she or he wouldn't be entitled to some kind of reward or finders fee!) But even putting the monetary reason aside, any moral person at all would use that kind of gift or talent for the good of kidnapped (and tortured) children everywhere.

I also have that ability, but have never heard it called remote viewing.
I (not always, but on occasion) have known what has happened to people who were missing, or kidnapped.
I have a very good batting average as it were.

Bob.

Old 02-28-2019, 12:04 AM

6,948 posts, read 6,874,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis
...any moral person at all would use that kind of gift or talent for the good of kidnapped (and tortured) children everywhere.
Probably when you have got to that level of understanding after being able to remote view for some time, you might understand why we come here to be in this reality. It appears to be because our greater spirit needs to learn certain lessons and free will is important.

If you wanted to learn how to make a car for example, and someone kept jumping in and helping you, you would not learn very much - well, it is the same thing with life. From others perspective, helping is the best thing they could do, from your perspective, it is not desirable. Morals and ethics are learned from Earthly culture, education, and upbringing not from the Universal School of Life in other dimensions/realities.

Yes, I too have read that time is a constructed experience and not real. That is why all the great mystics say there is only Now. I suspect that there are different time lines along which we travel in daily life and occasionally we jump from line to line. This accounts for the Madela Effect which allows us to collectively 'remember' something which is no longer so.

Some people say we have back-engineered ET craft and now have gravity drive technology. Whistleblowers say that the manipulation of gravity alters the time dimension also, and if you believe Corey Goode and other whistleblowers, you will find that the military has already cracked time travel and regularly wipe the minds of serving military personnel who do 20 years in the Secret Space Corps. Maybe thats just too far out though, although it would explain a lot of the strange stuff we see going on in this world.

Old 02-28-2019, 06:32 AM

19,804 posts, read 9,362,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Probably when you have got to that level of understanding after being able to remote view for some time, you might understand why we come here to be in this reality. It appears to be because our greater spirit needs to learn certain lessons and free will is important.

If you wanted to learn how to make a car for example, and someone kept jumping in and helping you, you would not learn very much - well, it is the same thing with life. From others perspective, helping is the best thing they could do, from your perspective, it is not desirable. Morals and ethics are learned from Earthly culture, education, and upbringing not from the Universal School of Life in other dimensions/realities.

Yes, I too have read that time is a constructed experience and not real. That is why all the great mystics say there is only Now. I suspect that there are different time lines along which we travel in daily life and occasionally we jump from line to line. This accounts for the Madela Effect which allows us to collectively 'remember' something which is no longer so.

Some people say we have back-engineered ET craft and now have gravity drive technology. Whistleblowers say that the manipulation of gravity alters the time dimension also, and if you believe Corey Goode and other whistleblowers, you will find that the military has already cracked time travel and regularly wipe the minds of serving military personnel who do 20 years in the Secret Space Corps. Maybe thats just too far out though, although it would explain a lot of the strange stuff we see going on in this world.
That is a very interesting "take" on this subject. Thanks for posting!

For anyone who is curious, here is a link (although I still find Goode's claims to be, literally, incredible).

https://truedisclosure.org/evidence-...rs/corey-goode

Last edited by katharsis; 02-28-2019 at 06:47 AM..

Old 02-28-2019, 06:46 AM

22,921 posts, read 28,273,802 times
Quote:
Is time travel real?
Sure. You're doing it right now. So am I. I started typing this about 10 seconds ago. Starting this sentence, I have traveled in time. I'm a time traveler! We all are.

Did you mean: Can we travel into the future at an accelerated rate? If Einstein and other physicists are right, then yes, absolutely. We don't really have the tech at this point to make it feasible, but the theory seems sound.

Did you mean: Can we travel back in time? Very, very unlikely. At least with out current understanding of space and time.

But who knows? We're figuring out new things about cosmology all the time.

Old 02-28-2019, 07:36 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,720,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Can we travel into the future at an accelerated rate? If Einstein and other physicists are right, then yes, absolutely. We don't really have the tech at this point to make it feasible, but the theory seems sound.
Actually we do have the tech and it has been done. They flew a plane at high speed around the world and when they landed the synchronized watches no longer agreed, people on the ground had aged a second more, so the people on the plane had in fact traveled into the future

Old 02-28-2019, 08:30 AM

239 posts, read 156,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Actually we do have the tech and it has been done. They flew a plane at high speed around the world and when they landed the synchronized watches no longer agreed, people on the ground had aged a second more, so the people on the plane had in fact traveled into the future
This happens with GPS satellites. When they first tried putting up a GPS satellite, they found that the satellite clock ran slower than earth clocks. This was not good because the GPS system requires pinpoint time accuracy. They then figured out a way to keep the satellite clocks synced with earth time. Now, we have a marvelous GPS system.

Here is an article explaining GPS and time dilation: http://physicscentral.com/explore/writers/will.cfm

Old 02-28-2019, 10:03 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,219,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvette Ministries View Post
Scientist: "I've set my time machine to send me into the future - but only five minutes into the future. So now I'm actually 5 minutes ahead of you."

Skeptic: "How is that possible?"

Scientist: "I knew you'd say that."

I'm thinking of a Big Bang Episode where Sheldon has Leonard signing a long roommate lease for sharing an apartment. One of the items, should either of us ever achieve the ability to travel in time, they will travel back to here 5 seconds from now and let the other know. He looks up, pauses a few seconds, then says well that's disappointing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal