Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2019, 07:18 PM

577 posts, read 494,246 times

Advertisements

Was wondering if anyone saw the DR. Phil show today where his guest was a "Mentalist". Now that guy did some amazing things with his "mind reading".

But just like any paranormal activity, his actions are hard for anyone to believe. Except to the person he is "reading" and they should KNOW the facts.

Because like me, his audience will be thinking, " was the Mentalists reading done to a person, that was hired to set up the gig to look real ? hmmmm… I certainly don't know for sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2019, 01:48 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Do you feel frightened cuz it could happen to you?

It would be great if your store manager could go further to realize these spirits
are clueless and to help them cross over...it isn't a hard thing to do at all.
It can happen in these sudden, unexpected deaths sometimes.
I have to admit it does indeed scare me, that it may happen to me, I worry alot about this in fact, I worry that I will get 'trapped' somewhere and wont be able to get out, I also worry that my own mind, will 'create' my own afterlife, I try not to, but my brain is always creating different 'hellish' possible scenarios (like being trapped in my physical body, but not being able to move or speak or get out, or the worst one, being stuck in total darkness, with no body, just alone in the dark with my own consciousness)...it truly frightens me to no end.

Old 03-19-2019, 02:31 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,794,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
OMG, this sounds so much like my straight, Left brain, logical, executive friend in DC....she ran from her Condo leaving her $2000 deposit behind because of things like you say happening.
ONLY, to find they followed her to San Diego. She went to a regular massage therapist and mentioned these things to her...turns out the LMT was some sort of psychic exorcist!!!

HAhahaha....and 'extracted' in a whoosh feeling this little girl spirit that ''liked'' my friend...what seemed scary was just the little girl trying to get attention.
Ha, Monday morning at work all her team mentioned ,"Wow, you look different! You look great!"
Spirit attachment gone.

Try having a quarter spin on the wood floor by your bed at 4am! Plus, many many other things!!!!

I would so love to talk to her! I haven't met too many people along the way like me. I was terrified of my house for quite awhile and didn't sleep much when I had to stay here alone when my husband worked the night shift every two months. There are still noises like the knobs rattling on the built in in the dining room. Our house was built in 1911 and retains all of it's original charm. I love the house and have grown used to it's "quirks." I have a hard time believing in attachments, like I said, I believe that when your brain dies, all consciousness ceases to be.

Okay, that quarter thing would freak me out. It sparked a memory from about 5 years ago around Easter. I was watching the Exorcist and the window (also from 1911) started rattling behind my head and something crashed in the kitchen. It sent the dogs barking and running into the kitchen. I followed but nothing was out of place. I can't watch that movie and never will again.

My earliest memory of something supernatural was when I was around 5. I saw hooded figures walk single file through my room on more than one occasion. Other than being very psychic when I was younger, that's all I can think of how this all started. I'm still somewhat psychic but it is fading with age.

I'm sitting with my back to the built in now and the knobs make noises around this time.

Old 03-19-2019, 04:46 AM

9,576 posts, read 7,332,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I have to admit it does indeed scare me, that it may happen to me, I worry alot about this in fact, I worry that I will get 'trapped' somewhere and wont be able to get out, I also worry that my own mind, will 'create' my own afterlife, I try not to, but my brain is always creating different 'hellish' possible scenarios (like being trapped in my physical body, but not being able to move or speak or get out, or the worst one, being stuck in total darkness, with no body, just alone in the dark with my own consciousness)...it truly frightens me to no end.
That's an interesting idea. I was raised Catholic, but I'm now an atheist. I'm also a scientist/researcher and I'm now in the field of neuroscience where a bunch of PI's (Principal Investigators) study addiction, stress, memory and other brain aspects.

The brain is one of those things that's so fascinating and complex and something we might never fully understand. Anyways, I have a belief that because of this crazy complexity, whatever you believe in, whether you're an atheist, Muslim, Christian, Hindu, Buddhist, etc. and their respective ideas on what an "afterlife" is or isn't, that's what happens.

Like, if you're an atheist, like myself, and being there's nothing, then there's nothing after you die. If you believe in a Christian God and Jesus and a heaven and hell, then that's what happens to you after you die, if you believe in reincarnation, then that's what happens, if you believe in Allah and what Islam tells you, then that's what happens, all because of your brain, fascinating topic!

Old 03-19-2019, 05:24 AM

577 posts, read 494,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
That's an interesting idea. I was raised Catholic, but I'm now an atheist. I'm also a scientist/researcher and I'm now in the field of neuroscience where a bunch of PI's (Principal Investigators) study addiction, stress, memory and other brain aspects.

The brain is one of those things that's so fascinating and complex and something we might never fully understand. Anyways, I have a belief that because of this crazy complexity, whatever you believe in, whether you're an atheist, Muslim, Christian, Hindu, Buddhist, etc. and their respective ideas on what an "afterlife" is or isn't, that's what happens.

Like, if you're an atheist, like myself, and being there's nothing, then there's nothing after you die. If you believe in a Christian God and Jesus and a heaven and hell, then that's what happens to you after you die, if you believe in reincarnation, then that's what happens, if you believe in Allah and what Islam tells you, then that's what happens, all because of your brain, fascinating topic!

Very sound post indeed, thanks... I totally agree. A person being raised in a home while practicing a particular religious denomination or faith, most definitely will have an effect on their perception of paranormal matters.

But how do those of us that have experienced a PE, that did NOT spend their youth in a religious denomination or faith, now as older adults reconcile what it was that really happened in our PE ?

I have had many incidents that happened in 2 of our now 5 homes that my wife and I have lived in the passed 28 years now that we bought, renovated and sold.

I could never make any sense of any of these incidents (PE's) while using every one of my critical and logical thinking skills.

None of my PE incidents were contrived, nor set up, nor a figment of my imagination or my wife's, that also was present during the most significant PE that we witnessed together.

Therefore, the crux of this thread I started. I need some sound answers to help me understand these PE's I have experienced or even better, find a solid way to prove that PE's are not really ...paranormal at all.

Because as of right now it has been proven to both me and my wife, the paranormal realm DOES exist.

Old 03-19-2019, 05:35 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,379,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Excellent...once we know an issue we can deal with it! Great!

There are some basics to know to get thru this, one is, fear is self created...comes from a thought...
(unless an 8ft bear comes into your house, that's instinct kicking in)...
change the thought, the fear goes away.
If you have a habit or momentum in this thinking, it takes more effort. Simple as that.

Think a thought long enough it becomes a belief and that gets programmed into your subconscious mind.
So RE-program your subconscious to believe differently. Simple as that.
SO, hows about as homework for your new thinking---you read many NDEs that are what someone might say are
'just glorious'...and most are...full of love and kindness, some guidance, but, some magical and transcendent.
Make a new groove in your brain...this is a fact, btw...that you can make new pathways.
(Ref books by Dr. Caroline Leaf if in doubt) www.nderf.org

So stop having sloppy thoughts...this- "my brain is always creating different 'hellish' possible scenarios"...
STOP that. Do you stay on a TV channel you dislike? No.

You will learn very soon the power you have to control your thoughts...then,
you're on way to wonderful things.

Old 03-19-2019, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
My earliest memory of something supernatural was when
I was around 5. I saw hooded figures walk single file through my room ...

I'm sitting with my back to the built in now and the knobs make noises around this time.
Ok, I don't know why these things are happening around you ...but they have to stop.
You are not powerless...you've got to remember that. Can you look online for advice?
Cuz, I'm not there...LOL hahaha

I sent a lady packin', (to wherever she belonged-the light)...I mean I 'sent her away' from her old home effecting the non-sale of the house for 2 solid years for my friends!
Within 2 weeks some people bought the house...I stopped by when the wife was outside, 3 years later...i told how Grace, the A-American lady, her spirit, was stalling any sales.
The wife placed a hand on her chest, gasped and said, "Wait till I tell my husband...we were drawn to this house...we had to have it." Good ending, eh? Oh, cuz I said , "There WILL be movement in a sale within 2 weeks."
That is my standard....'viable movement in 2 weeks'.

I always place a time limit or condition on something...example...you ask or pray or demand from the Universe, (however you do it), for $$...and you could find a dollar bill....no...you must say...."$350 by Friday." See?
It took 2 years of keepin' the faith before someone gave me the $100,000, no strings, to pay off the rest of my mortgage...I never placed a time limit...oh well, live and learn.

You have power...if you don't know what to do ...research is all I would say. Cuz by doing the
motions without the power of belief...
I'm afraid it would be like putting a wilted flower in a vase with no water.

Get someone else in there with belief, I'd say....and they should clear you personally, too.
Cuz enough is enough, my friend.
Belief=power.

Old 03-19-2019, 06:58 AM

Quote:
I also worry that my own mind, will 'create' my own afterlife...
Quote:
That's an interesting idea.

.. all because of your brain, fascinating topic!
Or all because of the thoughts you
yourself have nurtured in your brain...that have become solid, core beliefs now
in the unconscious mind....backed now by powerful emotions.

Of course you yourself are creating everything. Your job or loss of your job...a house or the loss of a house to a higher bidder...
Don't believe me or anyone else...read the studies ....this is not new stuff.
Gregg Braden lectures all over the world on this, has 50 youtubes on the subject of the beliefs, the brain, the power of thought, emotion, intention, Max Planck, measurement of the human biofield, quantum physics discoveries....so many many studies out there.

Test it yourself. Think something over and over with a bit of umphf...anything...."My wife (son) is going to suggest "blank", the restaurant I love so much" Over and over, before bed, when you wake up, a lot....cuz he/she isn't crazy about it, see? Picture you 2 going there.

Or pick anything..."I'm going to find some money on the ground. I AM going to find some $$ on the ground." And smile, cuz you ARE going to find $$ on the ground....Picture bills...feel the feeling of finding money. Get rid of any doubt in your mind.

Don't believe something till you've tested it yourself, I say. Then you know it.

Old 03-19-2019, 07:16 AM

9,576 posts, read 7,332,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greglovesoldtrucks View Post
Very sound post indeed, thanks... I totally agree. A person being raised in a home while practicing a particular religious denomination or faith, most definitely will have an effect on their perception of paranormal matters.

But how do those of us that have experienced a PE, that did NOT spend their youth in a religious denomination or faith, now as older adults reconcile what it was that really happened in our PE ?
I'm not sure about paranormal events, with regards to my 'what happens after you die' theory. I guess my response was mostly to rstevens62's comment and sort of a tangent from the paranormal topic.

Like I mentioned, the brain/mind is such a complex and amazing thing, and we are just scratching the surface trying to understand it. Are any/all/some paranormal events real, maybe? Are no paranormal events real, maybe?

It's a great exercise of the mind, what is real, what is imaginary, what is consciousness, what is paranormal? All great questions that we might never know or understand the answer to!

Old 03-19-2019, 10:52 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times
Quote:
I'm not sure about paranormal events, with regards to my 'what happens after you die' theory. I guess my response was mostly to rstevens62's comment and sort of a tangent from the paranormal topic.

Like I mentioned, the brain/mind is such a complex and amazing thing, and we are just scratching the surface trying to understand it. Are any/all/some paranormal events real, maybe? Are no paranormal events real, maybe?

It's a great exercise of the mind, what is real, what is imaginary, what is consciousness, what is paranormal? All great questions that we might never know or understand the answer to!
Ive had 2 paranormal experiences in my lifetime and I can honestly say they are very real.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal