Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2021, 02:07 PM

11,055 posts, read 6,643,077 times

Advertisements

I just saw this on the BBC and wondered if there has been any new info on crop circles?

Apparently people have tried to recreate them in broad daylight and can't even do it. How are they being done overnight, and for all these years?

https://www.bbc.com/travel/article/2...le-controversy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2021, 03:06 PM

11,055 posts, read 6,643,077 times
Just found this, lol: (Wikipedia)

Animal activity
In 2009, the attorney general for the island state of Tasmania stated that Australian wallabies had been found creating crop circles in fields of opium poppies, which are grown legally for medicinal use, after consuming some of the opiate-laden poppies and running in circles.[77]

Old 08-24-2021, 03:39 PM

2,452 posts, read 1,682,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
Just found this, lol: (Wikipedia)

Animal activity
In 2009, the attorney general for the island state of Tasmania stated that Australian wallabies had been found creating crop circles in fields of opium poppies, which are grown legally for medicinal use, after consuming some of the opiate-laden poppies and running in circles.[77]
That is hilarious and a way better explanation than visitors from another planet.

Old 08-25-2021, 09:10 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
I just saw this on the BBC and wondered if there has been any new info on crop circles?

Apparently people have tried to recreate them in broad daylight and can't even do it. How are they being done overnight, and for all these years?

https://www.bbc.com/travel/article/2...le-controversy
Despite what many others claim, its very simple to differentiate between a man made crop circle and a non man made one...

When people make them, they use boards and rope, they essentially knock the crops over...the other type, the crops look as though they grew that way, there are also genetic changes to the plant, other differences as well.

Old 01-18-2023, 09:06 PM

6,948 posts, read 6,872,488 times
Also there are no wallabies in the UK where most of the crop circles happen. Maybe it is a fox or a whole group of foxes which all go out one night and make them? Really? What I say to this is "Swamp Gas" and "The Planet Venus" probably caused the crop circles to appear.

Old 01-19-2023, 05:53 PM

102,219 posts, read 107,883,295 times
I don't understand how/why some people still view this as a mystery The crop circle artists confessed back in the 90's. I guess some people need to have some mystery in their life?

In other news, the Mayan pyramids were built by Mayans, it has been determined, not space aliens.

Old 01-19-2023, 07:45 PM

4,660 posts, read 4,120,087 times
My view is that the new ones are as fake as the old ones.

Old 01-19-2023, 11:38 PM

6,948 posts, read 6,872,488 times
It is still a mystery because the same things which were mysterious are still mysterious today. If you can explain the differences between the hoax ones made by humans and the others made by who-knows-what then your explanations might be worth considering. But, until you can, then I guess you have never experienced the difference so are not really qualified to voice an opinion which can be taken seriously.

Old 01-20-2023, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Also there are no wallabies in the UK where most of the crop circles happen. Maybe it is a fox or a whole group of foxes which all go out one night and make them? Really? What I say to this is "Swamp Gas" and "The Planet Venus" probably caused the crop circles to appear.
That honestly makes more sense than aliens making them. Go heard of foxes on swamp gas under the sign of Venus.

Old 01-20-2023, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
It is still a mystery because the same things which were mysterious are still mysterious today. If you can explain the differences between the hoax ones made by humans and the others made by who-knows-what then your explanations might be worth considering. But, until you can, then I guess you have never experienced the difference so are not really qualified to voice an opinion which can be taken seriously.
To the who knows what. I have had a crop circle made on my property before by a wind event. It was late fall in an area we used to use as our chicken yard. There was an area about 75' X 75' between the old chicken house and some trees and an old school bus we used to raise pigeons in. It was full of undisturbed dead weeds. After some crazy wind there was a perfect crop circle out in the middle. It was very cool to see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal