Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2019, 11:35 AM

12,767 posts, read 14,959,782 times

Advertisements

1 very minor thing happened to me which I'll describe, but other than that NOTHING odd, out of the corner of my eye, etc., etc., thank GOD!

A wooden doorstop-looking item appeared on the kitchen counter 1 day in my apt & to this day, I can't explain where it came from. I never owned one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylentvoyce View Post
I don't really see things per say. but, I dream alot about demons and dark supernatural things. My wife told me one morning that she woke up and saw me crawl out of bed and head out of the room on all fours. When she went to look for me she found me in the dark corner of the dining room staring at her and growling at her from a crouched position.....
now our daughter growls at us when we check on her after she falls asleep. Fairly recent development. freaks my wife out, I tend to find it a little bit funny....
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTsnowbird View Post
...Also went through a period of time (years) when I would feel touches on my legs when I was under the covers at night. Also could feel someone moving beside me in bed when there was no one there. Also, ongoing, I feel someone touching my hair at odd times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
Maybe just a coincidence, but back in the 80s, we were flying a private plane over Roswell, NM, and suddenly our electrical system quit. Since it was a low-wing, no gravity-feed fuel, so we had to glide to Socorro where luckily, there was a runway.

Roswell, hmmm.
I would have been so terrified, I wouldn't have known what to do if any of those happened to me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
Years ago, I parked my car on hill and headed across the street to the convenience store. I only had to get milk, and left my two young kids in the car (this was before the days of car seats). Halfway across the street, I realized I forgot my purse in the car and turned around to get it. Apparently, one of the kids took the car out of park and it was rolling backwards down the hill into oncoming traffic...
"This was before the time of car seats"?!

I (& probably others here too) thought you were going to say before the time you wouldn't get into trouble for leaving kids in the car in general. Forget the car seats although that's important too. The bigger picture is the fact that you left little kids in the car alone AT ALL isn't good & you'd get arrested for child neglect/abuse these days.

Did you not realize all that could have happened? Such as just what exactly happened, someone breaking in & stealing not only your car but kidnapping your kids since you left them in there, risk of heatstroke if it was a hot day, etc., etc., etc.

I know your kids are all way into adulthood now, but whew, that was unwise & risky parenting you did back then!

Last edited by Forever Blue; 03-31-2019 at 11:49 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2019, 11:43 AM

399 posts, read 354,533 times
Oh I have many more:
My brown shoes changed color suddenly one morning. They were purple from that day on. Or it was vice-versa. My mom just shrugged it off but it seemed weird to me and I insisted someone has replaced or painted them.

One night a car that was abandoned for like years and probably had a dead battery suddenly flashed its lights for a few seconds.

Again as a child my mom gave me a present -- a keychain. I lost it outside that very day. I was still very close to our house and looked at every place on the ground outside and inside on the stairs. I retracted my steps and no one has passed behind me to take it. It was nowhere, like I dropped it and it disappeared.

The worst was something like a hallucination as a kid. I was not drunk or taking any drugs when it happened btw. So I was alone in the bedroom when I had some feeling there was some energy/entity there hiding behind the bed. I didn't see it but felt vibes. So I took a mop with a very long rod and started to push it behind the bed. That moment I got goosebumps. It's like I didn't see anything, yet I felt some kind of a shock, like it manifested to me, scaring me. Like I saw it with my mind/3rd eye and got cold waves. I ran out of the room asap. It 'looked' like a mix between a gremlin and this creature called Filmikroll from a children's book I still have, except it felt scarier: https://www.osta.ee/ellen-niit-filmi...-95352133.html

In 2014 after an aura cleansing session by a psychic I felt like dying. I had the worst panic attack ever. I put my feet in a bucket with water and poured salt in it as she adviced me and suddenly my eyesight got blurry, I saw something like a white film in front of my eyes (like what people with cataract see I suppose). Really scared me, I avoid cleansings ever since.

The latest one: according to a psychic (who really guessed what my future friends will look like so I trust) after a fall out with a girl she put a curse on me. Really since then many people act cold or hostile around me. Especially at work. It's like they dislike my energy instantly. I liked that girl but she was envious that I had a bigger salary than her as a foreigner in her country.

I think it's high time I get baptized...someone told me you're more open to manifestations as a nonbaptized person.

Last edited by healthy_; 03-31-2019 at 12:00 PM..

Old 03-31-2019, 11:53 AM

4,526 posts, read 6,084,230 times
when one is sensitive to these things apartment hunting becomes a real chore as the energy one sometimes encounters leaves a physical response .

Old 03-31-2019, 12:01 PM

12,767 posts, read 14,959,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
when one is sensitive to these things apartment hunting becomes a real chore as the energy one sometimes encounters leaves a physical response .
True because God only knows how many people lived there before we came along. I know my complex seems to only have to tell us if someone died in the apt...I'm sure probably not the cause though. I'm blessed w/ my apt I've been at for almost 7 yrs now. I've never felt scared, etc.

I worry about this when I finally start looking for a home. I'd want to know the history, etc. & that's yet more work to do, but important.

Old 03-31-2019, 12:02 PM

3,637 posts, read 1,696,994 times
I just happened to think of a second event that was strange to me. About 5 years ago, I lost a beloved cat who was very attached to me. She would sleep next to me every night. A while after she passed, I would be laying in bed and feel a thump on the top of the bed, as if something had jumped up on top of it. I was not dreaming, I could definitely feel the thump and sometimes something walking across the bed.

My other cats were not in the bedroom as I kept the door closed at night because they loved to romp and keep me awake, so it was not them, but I know what I felt. That lasted for a while and finally stopped, and I figured she had finally had enough and quit. But it was sort of comforting to know she did visit for a while.

Old 03-31-2019, 12:09 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,084,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
I just happened to think of a second event that was strange to me. About 5 years ago, I lost a beloved cat who was very attached to me. She would sleep next to me every night. A while after she passed, I would be laying in bed and feel a thump on the top of the bed, as if something had jumped up on top of it. I was not dreaming, I could definitely feel the thump and sometimes something walking across the bed.

My other cats were not in the bedroom as I kept the door closed at night because they loved to romp and keep me awake, so it was not them, but I know what I felt. That lasted for a while and finally stopped, and I figured she had finally had enough and quit. But it was sort of comforting to know she did visit for a while.
can relate once rented a home while awaiting an out of state move.when sitting in the office area always felt what seemed to be a cat moving around my ankles and then settling down on my feet when a knowledged.
maintenance people did confirm previous renters did have an older cat

Old 03-31-2019, 12:17 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by healthy_ View Post
I think it's high time I get baptized...someone told me you're more open to manifestations as a nonbaptized person.
No one in my family has been baptized, and none of us have experienced "manifestations" or the like.

Old 03-31-2019, 12:28 PM

5,449 posts, read 4,043,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post

I would have been so terrified, I wouldn't have known what to do if any of those happened to me!
For the first 40 or so years of my life, no abnormal activity. I, too, always thought it would scare the bejeebers out of me if I experienced something paranormal.

But the first thing that happened was a re-occurring odor in a certain part of the property. It was such a wonderful smell, it reassured me that whatever was there was benign. This was also about the same time the hair touching started. So none of this has really scared me.

The last time we were shopping for a house, I would get definite feelings about some, like, Yes, I could live here, or No way. The worst one was a house, appeared ideal, land on both sides of the road, antique house and came with gorgeous antique furniture. The previous owner had died, he was a Navy captain or admiral or something. His presence was so strong in the house - that was HIS house. No Way!!

Old 03-31-2019, 12:33 PM

399 posts, read 354,533 times
^^It's good it was your cat walking on your bed lol. In my case one night I had some entity that looked/felt as heavy as a dog or a kid jump from the wall on my bed slightly waking me up. It was either dog-like, a 4 year old sized human or a griffin-like thingy.

I didn't see good in the dark as I was so tired and I went to sleep very fast (thank God, I could've had worst things happen have I faced it while fully awake).

I was more spooked by the way it jumped on my bed. I swear I felt and heard the bed shaking and the mattress sinking in next to me like it does when someone is standing on the bed next to you!

When I woke up the next morning the full glass of water I have left nearby my bed was completely empty and dry. Like not even a drop. There's no way so much water can evaporate during 6-7 hours in room temp. That didn't happened the previous and next nights. I assumed it was a night terror, but I didn't drink water during the night. That happened in the same room with the clawing noises from the plastic bags, so it might be connected. I was so glad when I left that place. All weird things happening at other places were not as weird. I might attract things like that but the place itself felt off. Somehow I got the feeling that someone had hanged themselves in the closet or/and their pet has died in there as most cold vibes seemed to be coming from it.

Old 03-31-2019, 12:53 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,655,217 times
I saw a dog/horse/deer looking animal in one of our paddocks a few years, during the middle of the day -the strangeness was compounded by the animal running to where there was no escape, but there was no sign of it when I got to the site a few seconds later

Had a UFO sighting about 28 years ago -about 200 metres away, and quite a bit of detail.

My sceptical nature leads me to think there is a likely non-strange explanation, but they did look like nothing I could explain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal