Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2019, 11:29 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Well that proves my point - the government is paranoid and wants to keep everything secret, which just causes more conspiracy theories. There was no leaks in the JFK classified documents because there was nothing worth leaking. What happened when we reviewed these previously declassified documents? - no huge revelations, no proof of conspiracy, and JFK's brain is not being held in some secret government laboratory, nothing of note.
Nothing worth leaking? Why did the CIA and FBI think otherwise?

Plus, there are still some parts of Project Blue book that remain classified to this day...if there is nothing to it, why the need to keep some of it classified?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2019, 12:54 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,892,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I clearly explained why in my very first sentence. Dude, my post was only 4 sentences long, it's not alot of work to read the whole thing. They are paranoid, they err on the side of caution just in case it MIGHT have sensitivity.
I've hear that some of the JFK records are/were sealed not because on government security, but because they were embarrassing to the Kennedy family - like school reports of a young JFK caught fingering a girl in grade school or something.

Old 04-10-2019, 01:13 PM

12,977 posts, read 9,501,161 times
Quote:
My understanding (as there is so much confusion around the subject, they don't even know whey the farmer originally found the crash) was there was a balloon, that was used to suspend the test device into the atmosphere. The USAF however said it was a conventional weather balloon which was obviously a lie. The crash sight was nothing more than what looked like tin foil, tape, rubber, wood debris, and the balloon.

I don't see any evidence that there was even a disc shapped crash. Where did they get the idea for flying disc? The farmer reported this fact, apparantly excited about the news going around just starting at the time about UFOs. From there it just grew...
I think originally, after they modified the "flying disc" report, they called it a weather balloon. Project Mogul was classified Top Secret at that time, so there was no way they could say that Project Mogul was what was found; so they called it a weather balloon. Sometime in the 1990s the Air Force said it was really Project Mogul, so evidently the program had been totally downgraded to Unclassified. They also mentioned crash test dummies as being the answer for alien bodies, but I don't see how they could have been associated with Project Mogul. The AF really didn't handle things well, and still aren't.

Presumably the idea for a flying disc was in peoples' minds because of the flying saucer incident in the Pacific Northwest a few weeks prior. People were primed for flying saucers at that time.

Old 04-10-2019, 01:15 PM

12,977 posts, read 9,501,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post

Plus, there are still some parts of Project Blue book that remain classified to this day...if there is nothing to it, why the need to keep some of it classified?
How do you know that? Hearsay?

Old 04-10-2019, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
How do you know that? Hearsay?
No, the AF/Govt admits there are parts that remain classified.

Not to mention, Ive also had Mitch McConnells office tell me personally in a VM, that 'this stuff' is kept highly classified.

Old 04-10-2019, 02:07 PM

5,455 posts, read 3,387,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
'Area 51: An Uncensored History': Journalist shares photos connected to the infamous Roswell UFO Incident of 1947 as she claims it was hoax designed by Soviet Union and Joseph Stalin.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...st-claims.html

So was Roswell real or just a hoax created by the Soviet Union and Stalin? Or?
Area 51 is not a hoax in my belief. Russia had nothing to do with it. Events at Roswell are kept top secret because that's where scientists back-engineer captured alien craft. Alien crash survivors were imprisoned there. ETs are in full contact (face to face meetings too) with our governments and have been for millennia but they circle our planet most recently post-WWII. To put it simply, they protect us from mass planetary catastrophes.

Old 04-10-2019, 02:13 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,334,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty61 View Post
To put it simply, they protect us from mass planetary catastrophes.
Good to know!

Old 04-10-2019, 02:28 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,892,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
I think originally, after they modified the "flying disc" report, they called it a weather balloon. Project Mogul was classified Top Secret at that time, so there was no way they could say that Project Mogul was what was found; so they called it a weather balloon. Sometime in the 1990s the Air Force said it was really Project Mogul, so evidently the program had been totally downgraded to Unclassified. They also mentioned crash test dummies as being the answer for alien bodies, but I don't see how they could have been associated with Project Mogul. The AF really didn't handle things well, and still aren't.

Presumably the idea for a flying disc was in peoples' minds because of the flying saucer incident in the Pacific Northwest a few weeks prior. People were primed for flying saucers at that time.
Sounds about right. Really, this whole thing made a big splash only for a short time in 1947, then no one gave it a second thought for 30 years. It was brought up once again 30 years or so later by that bastion of honest and reliable press - The National Enquirer. Probably right across from an article about "Chimps Head put on Human Body" and "I gave birth to a one eyed alien baby". And then the myth began...

Old 04-10-2019, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Sounds about right. Really, this whole thing made a big splash only for a short time in 1947, then no one gave it a second thought for 30 years. It was brought up once again 30 years or so later by that bastion of honest and reliable press - The National Enquirer. Probably right across from an article about "Chimps Head put on Human Body" and "I gave birth to a one eyed alien baby". And then the myth began...
I always thought it was kind of strange 'the Invention Secrecy Act' was created in 1951...thats pretty strange timing for such a thing (in relation to what supposedly happned at Roswell a few years earlier)!

Old 04-10-2019, 08:27 PM

4,205 posts, read 4,457,265 times
I think the Roswell incident was a very convenient 'tool' - grown to mythological proportions - for the military intelligentsia who engaged in Operation Paperclip

https://www.cia.gov/library/center-f...o-america.html

and Operation High jump,to provide a massive disinformation campaign, and Project Blue Book as an ostensible 'investigation'.

Think of it as the old shell game played to perfection with a whole industry/ mythology created out of an incident, and the general public kept dazed and confused while those few in the know get to have fun with flying toys! These 'projects/ operations' seem to have a concurrent thread about them

https://truedisclosure.org/news/the-...-highjump.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal