Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2019, 07:42 AM

3,693 posts, read 2,412,209 times

Advertisements

I've used a psychic-medium online.

For psychic and not medium things.

I've used him 5-6 times.

He knows my life and my strengths and weaknesses .

He knew my past year.

He only knows my first name.

I've sent him photos of girlfriends and some friends.

He's spot-on in his readings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2019, 10:13 AM

2,565 posts, read 1,642,730 times
Question for those who use psychics/readers, from what I've read they never seem to tell anything of value, just stuff that already happened or vague things about the future. So what good does it do to consult them?

Old 05-12-2019, 05:26 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,217,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatTX View Post
Question for those who use psychics/readers, from what I've read they never seem to tell anything of value, just stuff that already happened or vague things about the future. So what good does it do to consult them?
what john Edward on youtube...he is incredible and brings up specifics about those who have passed

Old 05-12-2019, 06:00 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
True, some don't tell you anything you don't already know. The ones that can foretell the future are rare. I had one that warned me of a travel accident around Christmastime of a certain year. She was off by about ten days. Fortunately, it wasn't a serious accident. I'd been told to avoid travel altogether around that time, but the holidays are typically when a lot of people travel to be with family. By then, anyway, I'd completely forgotten about the prediction.

I read a woman's testimony, about her vacation trip to Brazil. She got off the beaten track, visiting coastal villages far north of Rio, and parts of the interior. She said in one place, a local woman gave her a psychic reading. The psychic said, the visitor would experience a major career change soon, and would be running a university, or something along that line. I forget exactly what the prediction was, but it was about a big career change, and an executive job in education.

This American woman didn't believe it, because she was happy with her job at the time, and wasn't looking for any changes. After she returned home, though, she got a phone call from a small private university, offering her the President's job. Completely out of nowhere. This really freaked her out. Really shook up her view of reality. She took the job. The whole episode made her conclude, that there's a lot more to reality than meets the eye.

I think people who can make predictions like that are rare, but they're out there.

Old 05-12-2019, 08:27 PM

2,565 posts, read 1,642,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
what john Edward on youtube...he is incredible and brings up specifics about those who have passed
But again, what good does it do if he brings up stuff people already know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
True, some don't tell you anything you don't already know. The ones that can foretell the future are rare. I had one that warned me of a travel accident around Christmastime of a certain year. She was off by about ten days. Fortunately, it wasn't a serious accident. I'd been told to avoid travel altogether around that time, but the holidays are typically when a lot of people travel to be with family. By then, anyway, I'd completely forgotten about the prediction.

I read a woman's testimony, about her vacation trip to Brazil. She got off the beaten track, visiting coastal villages far north of Rio, and parts of the interior. She said in one place, a local woman gave her a psychic reading. The psychic said, the visitor would experience a major career change soon, and would be running a university, or something along that line. I forget exactly what the prediction was, but it was about a big career change, and an executive job in education.

This American woman didn't believe it, because she was happy with her job at the time, and wasn't looking for any changes. After she returned home, though, she got a phone call from a small private university, offering her the President's job. Completely out of nowhere. This really freaked her out. Really shook up her view of reality. She took the job. The whole episode made her conclude, that there's a lot more to reality than meets the eye.

I think people who can make predictions like that are rare, but they're out there.
Psychics/readers seem to always mention moves, job changes, meeting certain people, etc. I suppose if they tell this to everyone, it's bound to be true for some. And it's really difficult to remember exactly what was said, confirmation bias and memory errors make it almost impossible. I guess the only way to be sure would be to record the reading and verify after a few months.

Old 05-13-2019, 12:19 AM

6,948 posts, read 6,872,488 times
Quote:
Psychics/readers seem to always mention moves, job changes, meeting certain people, etc. I suppose if they tell this to everyone, it's bound to be true for some....
Yes, but how would you or anyone describe their life? It would be in terms of exactly these things you mention.

People are defined by their relationships, work, hopes, fears, etc and so this is what most people expect from psychics, just as they expect to get a message from Aunty Lily if they go to a medium. This is how we 'rate' these people as good or bad because they give us what we expect.

Aunty Lily has to refer to people you know otherwise the reading does not make sense and of course, it is information with the medium in the middle trying to hear or interpret the image or feelings Aunty Lily gives her. That means it is fraught with possible errors in interpretation very much like Chinese Whispers so who can blame them if the message gets lost in the middle. Many letters sound the same as do some names so the practicalities of this kind of communication needs to be appreciated. Of course, if you dont like what they are telling you, you always have the choice not to go any more.

Although half the fun of going to a medium or psychic is getting information you reckon is spot-on, hearing from Lily and her gang or maybe finding out about your next boyfriend/husband.

Old 05-13-2019, 10:27 AM

6,957 posts, read 12,060,189 times
Last month my adult daughter and I went to see a medium's program in a 2000 seat arena. I won't say his name but he is well known. The seats were all filled and we were in the last row from the back. I had to look on the jumbo screen to even see him.

The program was almost over when he said to the audience he was getting a message from a very very old woman who wanted to say she was fine even though not many people came to her passing. She had had many " celebrations" in her life which made up for this. Her name is "Evelyn."

My daughter and I jumped up and ran to the microphone in the center of the room. My mother passed at age 102, her name was Evelyn and she, as president of the seniors group in her town, had a birthday party for all every year in the town hall. She was also Grand Marshall for the 4th of July parade. She was senior citizen of the year a couple times. She was given a luncheon for volunteer of the year also. My lord, she had celebrations. And yes, only a few people came to her funeral, because most of her friends were already gone.

Shock and awe. That's what it was for me. I did not go there to ask for any intervention or message. In fact I was pretty sure there were "plants" in the audience. I came away knowing that my mother, who died 6 years ago, had contacted us.

Old 05-13-2019, 11:10 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
But again, what good does it do if he brings up stuff people already know?

Psychics/readers seem to always mention moves, job changes, meeting certain people, etc. I suppose if they tell this to everyone, it's bound to be true for some. And it's really difficult to remember exactly what was said, confirmation bias and memory errors make it almost impossible. I guess the only way to be sure would be to record the reading and verify after a few months.
She published an article about it in a magazine, which is where I read it. She remembered the details just fine. It's been about 20 years since I read the article, so I don't remember the details. But that's not important.

The psychic did not tell "everyone" they were going to have a career change, or whatever. She lived in a small village, where people didn't have "careers". They lived by subsistence activities, maybe a few were laborers of some sort. Life was on a very basic level. The area wasn't a tourist destination.

Someday, science may get to a point, where such things can be explained. The gap between science and "paranormal" is slowly closing. I view such phenomena as scientific discoveries waiting to happen.

Old 05-13-2019, 11:27 AM

239 posts, read 155,976 times
A long time ago, war expeditions used to bring along psychics to find water and locate the enemy in unknown territory. They divined the outcomes of battles before starting them. If the outcome was to be a success, they attacked. If the outcome was to be disastrous, they withheld attack. There is a place between Santa Fe and Jemez that is called The Place Of Turning Back. This is where they divined the outcomes of battles.

Old 05-13-2019, 08:25 PM

6,948 posts, read 6,872,488 times
If anyone is interested, a witchhazel forked stick is really good at divining where water sources (and other things) are. Of course it is our body which is the receiver, but the forked stick is the amplifier of the muscle events.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal