Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2019, 03:11 AM

9,512 posts, read 6,099,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janellen View Post
It's better that your friend had the dream. If you had been the one having it, you might have just kissed it off as your brain having wishful thinking. Him having the dream lends much more credibility to it. Great story...gives one hope doesn't it?
It was a surreal experience.

His face was beet red & he had an incredulous look on his face. He said; “It was an old lady ... but her name was a man’s name. Like Joe or something”.

My patient’s first name had been Josephine. And everyone called her ‘Jo’.

I wish I had known her when she was healthy; everyone spoke so highly of her. Her family had told me a little; about her travels after her husband had died & how adventurous & zany she was.

She was just done with the cancer treatments. She wanted to die at home. One interesting thing is that her kids (adult) had said; “She’s determined to die the way that she lived; it’s just her next adventure...”

My houseguest had been gone for almost a year. He had come in so late the night before we hadn’t talked at all. I thought at first that I had told him about her but just didn’t remember it but the more I insisted that I must have told him, the more weirded out he was getting because I hadn’t.

It’s funny, really. It even sounds exactly like something she would do. I kind of wish I would have told her family but she had been gone for months & I was afraid they would think I was incompetent for taking a hospice case while still actively grieving for my daughter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2019, 10:40 AM

4,005 posts, read 2,081,502 times
What about the people who have a strong enough relationship in life - maybe even strong enough that non-verbal communication is a part of their daily existence - that they experience a continuation of that relationship after one of them has passed?

What if their belief in an afterlife is not based on what someone described to them, but something they feel without a doubt proves to them that another realm of existence exists beyond the one we currently know?

In the case of a past life, let's look at birth. How many of us remember the events of our own birth? Yet we accept the description of it as a fact proven by the fact we are here. Why would any afterlife be any different?

Old 05-27-2019, 04:18 PM

8,551 posts, read 10,973,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post
What about the people who have a strong enough relationship in life - maybe even strong enough that non-verbal communication is a part of their daily existence - that they experience a continuation of that relationship after one of them has passed?

What if their belief in an afterlife is not based on what someone described to them, but something they feel without a doubt proves to them that another realm of existence exists beyond the one we currently know?

In the case of a past life, let's look at birth. How many of us remember the events of our own birth? Yet we accept the description of it as a fact proven by the fact we are here. Why would any afterlife be any different?
Interesting questions.

When two humans are in a strong relationship, that means their spirits are in strong sympathy with one another, meaning they are extremely close to the point one knows the other's thoughts before any words are spoken.

These spirits remain in "sympathy" through their entire existence.
They may have hundreds , perhaps thousands of incarnations and life times, but will always remember the closeness of the spirits with whom they are in "sympathy".

Speaking of afterlife, a human may believe for, or against an afterlife, but the soul with in knows the real truth, for it waits patiently for the death of the human, so it can return to the spirit world, which is the after life.

Spirits do not welcome being entombed in a physical body, but they do it as a learning experience, and when the time comes to disembark form the encasement, spirits are relieved with the experience of returning to the world of spirits.

Bob.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal