Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2019, 03:43 PM

48 posts, read 25,454 times

Advertisements

Crystals/ stones?
Indian tapestries?
Budha statues?
Salt lamps?

What other things do you have that can be considered witchy?

Old 05-20-2019, 03:51 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,027,035 times
I have a lot of rock/crystals...but it's because my dad was a jewelry maker, and collected lots of specimens...which I've inherited.

I'm not sure why a Budha statue would be considered witchy? IMO, if I was in someone's home, seeing a bunch of drying herbs hanging up or around would make me wonder wiccan, more than anything else I think.

Old 05-20-2019, 03:54 PM

11,160 posts, read 7,964,064 times
My attitude... so I’ve been told, but “witchy” is misspelled. Should start with. “B”.

Old 05-20-2019, 04:32 PM

3,300 posts, read 3,026,852 times
About 250 Tarot and oracle decks
Pendulums
Salt Lamp
Numerous Crystals
Crystal Skulls
Scrying Mirror

Old 05-20-2019, 05:35 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,602,965 times
Books.

Old 05-20-2019, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
I have a lot of rock/crystals...but it's because my dad was a jewelry maker, and collected lots of specimens...which I've inherited.

I'm not sure why a Budha statue would be considered witchy? IMO, if I was in someone's home, seeing a bunch of drying herbs hanging up or around would make me wonder wiccan, more than anything else I think.

I collected "rocks" as a child.
Crystals and stones that I would get at museum gift shops.
And they were also sold all across the southwest at gift shops.
But in those places "rose quartz" for example is just a pretty pink rock you can buy and the description on the box/container it's in will just say "rose quartz"

But in "witchy" stores rose quartz isn't just rose quartz but it's a special stone to attract love and blah blah blah.

I kind of think it's a great way to sell those rocks.
If the rocks have "special powers" people can justify buying them as a joke even though they just want them because they are pretty. It's better to give them a purpose. Otherwise you just bought a rock and if you are an adult it doesn't make sense unless it has some sort of use.

The budha thing is weird.
I have also had budha statues/figurines growing up but not for any kind of religious purposes (witchy or not)
I was watching a video on YouTube of a fortune teller (tarot card reader) and then i was inspired to click on more to see their decor.
Most have budha statues.
I googled and some how the budha statue aids tarot card readers.

I have now realized after watching those videos that I have owned lots of "witchy" stuff in my life by accident.
And some very questionable jewelry.
And it all come from gigft shops.
So people might see things and think "witch" but really I just like gift shops.
Including "witchy" gift shops.
I love them all.
Gift shops are happy places.

Old 05-20-2019, 07:54 PM

987 posts, read 779,652 times
Books I also have shrines for my loved ones that have passed on.

Old 05-20-2019, 08:01 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times
What kind of "witchy" things do you own?

A black cat named Barney.

Old 05-20-2019, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irootoo View Post
About 250 Tarot and oracle decks
Pendulums
Salt Lamp
Numerous Crystals
Crystal Skulls
Scrying Mirror
Okay I totally get why tarot cards, pendulums, crystal skulls, and a scrying mirror can be considered "witchy" but what's up with the salt lamps and what witchy purpose do they serve?

I have a salt lamp because it's pretty. It looks like a larger version of a pretty rock that I would buy at a gift shop as a child, and they remind me of salt room saunas, which I like.
But does it look witchy?
And what do you use your salt lamp for?
Is it like how some people use crystals?
I think that if people believe that holding a type of rock gives them energy and that works for them it's great.
What kind of energy do you get from your salt lamp?
If you came to my house and saw a salt lamp would you assume that I also had a scrying mirror somewhere?
Or would you know to think that maybe it's just a salt lamp?

I just like to know this stuff.
I understand that if I wear a crucifix around my neck because I think it's pretty that people will assume that I am Christian. And I understand that if I wear an amethyst crystal cut into a particular shape that people will assume that I'm witchy.
And maybe I'm neither of those things.

I have always been aware that certain clothes or jewelry could send out the wrong message.
And now I am realizing that some of my jewelry that I never considered to be "witchy" before might be. And I'm realizing that some decor may send out the wrong message as well.
And by "wrong message" I mean not representative of my personal beliefs.

I also don't understand the Indian tapestry thing since I associate that pattern with the GAP.
My first Indian tapestry looking t-shirt that I had as a child was from the GAP.
Then I started buying knock offs of it at gift shops.
Now all these witches have Indian tapestries.
I love them because I think they are pretty.
I just don't get why the pattern is considered witchy.
I understand the Mandela design supposedly has meditative purposes but why are all these "witches" sitting in front of them like its official witch decor?

250 tarot card decks?
My goodness that's a lot.
Shouldn't that be considered an art collection instead of witchy stuff?

Last edited by DCST; 05-20-2019 at 08:26 PM..

Old 05-20-2019, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostsoul359 View Post
Books I also have shrines for my loved ones that have passed on.
That's not witchy.
The Catholics have shrines too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal