Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2019, 12:10 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,421,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
But the US government is not the only government on the planet. Why are no other governments revealing the aliens? And for all the shows, organizations and individuals looking where is the proof? I think the SETI alone has spent tens of millions of dollars. You never answer the simple question.
Personally, I believe, when it comes to the topic of 'aliens/extraterrestrials'...nearly all the world Govts are likely in agreement that it needs to be withheld from the general population, and keep in mind, its likely that in other countries, its just like it is here in the US, even in the ranks of the Govt and military, information on aliens is limited to a very small number of people.

They may not agree on much else (politically, religious views, etc), but THAT topic, if divulged to the public, could have so much potentially negative consequences, we may not even know how significant it is!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2019, 07:16 AM

22,836 posts, read 28,056,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I believe, when it comes to the topic of 'aliens/extraterrestrials'...nearly all the world Govts are likely in agreement that it needs to be withheld from the general population
Why?

Old 06-10-2019, 08:38 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,455,447 times
Quote:
Personally, I believe, when it comes to the topic of 'aliens/extraterrestrials'...nearly all the world Govts are likely in agreement that it needs to be withheld from the general population, and keep in mind, its likely that in other countries, its just like it is here in the US, even in the ranks of the Govt and military, information on aliens is limited to a very small number of people.
Nearly all is not all. So why are the ones not included in nearly all coming out and saying anything? Also what about the private sector like SETI or Space X?

And that does not even include the hundreds of millions that would have to keep the secrets.

Quote:
They may not agree on much else (politically, religious views, etc), but THAT topic, if divulged to the public, could have so much potentially negative consequences, we may not even know how significant it is!
People say that it would have negative consequences or that people would panic but this is just self congratulatory masturbation. "OH I could handle it because I am special but those other losers would panic!".

Old 06-10-2019, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Nearly all is not all. So why are the ones not included in nearly all coming out and saying anything? Also what about the private sector like SETI or Space X?

And that does not even include the hundreds of millions that would have to keep the secrets.

People say that it would have negative consequences or that people would panic but this is just self congratulatory masturbation. "OH I could handle it because I am special but those other losers would panic!".
Govts keep PLENTY of other stuff classified, 'information' they do not want the public to know about...we just have to assume they have a good reason for doing so.

Old 06-10-2019, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Govts keep PLENTY of other stuff classified, 'information' they do not want the public to know about...we just have to assume they have a good reason for doing so.
You keep moving the target. Why would so many governments, and the people that have access to this and work for them, agree to keep this secret?

You stated:

Quote:

But there is no proof of that. This is just a myth/excuse propagated by a small group of people that wish to have an excuse and in the same sentence make themselves feel superior to all those losers who would panic if they heard this. I mean how conceited does a person have to be?

Old 06-10-2019, 02:59 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,896,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
According to this article, the Pentagon has denied that Luis Elizondo headed the AATIP program: https://www.theblackvault.com/docume...T3TgMvAHB7z9EA
Elizondo does appear to be a self promoter and huckster and "bender" of the truth - what I find interesting about the Unidentified show is the interviews with the people who experienced the encounters. How they've managed to turn this into a full series is beyond me - unfortunately, I sense a Curse of Oak Island descent into crapitude coming.

Old 06-10-2019, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
Elizondo does appear to be a self promoter and huckster and "bender" of the truth - what I find interesting about the Unidentified show is the interviews with the people who experienced the encounters. How they've managed to turn this into a full series is beyond me - unfortunately, I sense a Curse of Oak Island descent into crapitude coming.
Well after watching:

'Truth Behind the Moon Landing,'

I really am disappointed with producers of these shows. It is utter garbage.

Old 06-10-2019, 07:54 PM

12,591 posts, read 9,103,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
Yes, I pretty much agree ... I thought they'd spilled all their beans on Episode 1 ... but it is a pretty interesting program and also one of the better UFO series I've sen, regardless of whether Elizondo, Tom DeLonge, and the others are being honest and straightforward. I enjoy "Ancient Aliens" too, but I don't necessarily believe much of it. I grew up thoroughly enjoying science fiction.

One thing that's odd is the exceptional amount of media attention prior to the premier of the program. Somebody did some really outstanding PR promotion.

BTW, the parent article that Greenwald referenced can be found at https://theintercept.com/2019/06/01/...ondo-pentagon/ I'm not sure if the Pentagon "spokesman" is accurate and it's an attack piece on Elizondo, or whether Elizondo is on the up and up.

Old 06-10-2019, 07:57 PM

12,591 posts, read 9,103,621 times
Quote:
Well after watching:

'Truth Behind the Moon Landing,'

I really am disappointed with producers of these shows. It is utter garbage.
I haven't watched that program yet (I recorded it while watching a college baseball super regional game), but since it has nutcase Mike Bara on it, it must be at least close to being garbage. I assume the ex-astronaut is credible, but one never knows. Astronauts aren't super human.

Having worked on the Apollo program in the early part of my career, I know for a fact that we went to the Moon several times. It was an absolutely amazing accomplishment.

Old 06-11-2019, 12:14 AM

Quote:
You keep moving the target. Why would so many governments, and the people that have access to this and work for them, agree to keep this secret?

You stated:

But there is no proof of that. This is just a myth/excuse propagated by a small group of people that wish to have an excuse and in the same sentence make themselves feel superior to all those losers who would panic if they heard this. I mean how conceited does a person have to be?
I think you may be misunderstanding me...I never said I could handle the truth or would not panic, in fact, given the secrecy involved, I presume whatever the BIG secret truly is...its probably something VERY VERY 'BIG' (all encompassing).

Who knows, maybe mankind was created as a slave race for them, maybe we are their version of a bio dome, etc etc. I can honestly say though, if I heard a press briefing, where something of this magnitude was disclosed to the public...I would very likely be one of those panicking (probably wishing I had never been born)!

Regarding your other question...what makes you think there is THAT many other people that have access to this information, that 'agree' to keep it secret for so long? Who even knows if every govt on the planet HAS this information to begin with also? There is no guarantee the visitors have visited every single country on the planet.

Last edited by rstevens62; 06-11-2019 at 12:26 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal