Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2019, 01:35 PM

797 posts, read 237,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Why?
Corrupt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2019, 01:42 PM

12,932 posts, read 9,450,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Size18 View Post
Corrupt.
Well, there's certainly plenty of corruption, especially in the houses of Congresses, and in the upper levels of government all the way to the top, but not with the rank and file government employee. Basically, corruption and so forth is pretty much limited to elected and appointed members.

But the FBI no revealing its lone bigfoot file doesn't indicate corruption. For one thing, that file was put together many years ago, and most likely nobody nowadays even knew it was there. Another is that there was no reason to release it ... it wasn't classified, but nobody wanted it and it was so benign.

Old 06-07-2019, 05:06 PM

4,985 posts, read 3,956,960 times
Finally,
Bigfoot
Impossible

Old 06-08-2019, 01:00 AM

44,615 posts, read 61,553,895 times
The first reported sighting of Big Foot was over 120 years ago. I suspect he has died by now.

Old 06-09-2019, 12:17 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,566,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Exactly. I was shocked and a little disgusted to find out the FBI even had a file. That it was only 16 pages made me feel a little better.

Now if the Game and Fish Department or the Wildlife Service has a file on sightings, that would make some sense. But the FBI? That's just weird.
It would be interesting to find out if the other intelligence agencies have 'Bigfoot files' as well, If the FBI does, Id say chances are good, the NSA, CIA, NRO, etc has their own files too. (but like you, I cannot possibly imagine what the purpose could be...unless Bigfoot truly is something strange/ different.)

NRO would be the interesting one to look at, since they are the National Reconnaissance Organization, this agency was not even known about until fairly recently, and their capabilities are said to be truly incredible.

Old 06-09-2019, 04:17 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,481,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
ID love to hear the explanation on why the FBI needed to have a file on Bigfoot, much less, why anything even remotely associated with Bigfoot, would need to be classified from the public!
Needed? I would love to hear an explanation on why you had to use the word needed instead of just had?

Did they need one? Probably not.

Did they have one? Sure why not.

Does it prove in any way, shape or form that Big Foot exists? No. Not in the slightest.

Why did they have one? There could be a variety of reasons. Maybe there was a murder that a suspect blamed on a Big Foot and they felt it made their case stronger to prove that there was no big boot but in investigating they may find a real suspect. Maybe for training like. Like here is this "evidence" now go and tell me why or why not this is Big Foot. Maybe because they had enough people call them and they figured they should investigate in case in the future someone sued them for not doing anything about Big Foot and they could haul out the file and say "We looked but you are crazy.". Maybe in relation to a fraud investigation. Then you have to make another lie "Why would anything even remotely related to Big Foot have to be classified from the public!" Probably not for any reason other than the FBI usually keeps files private because you do not need to know when people have sex, or when they take a dump or if they are cheating on their spouse or that they are being investigated by the FBI. It is not unusual for police to keep files private for a variety of reasons.

I do not know why the FBI had a file on Big Foot but I know when people have to lie to make a point they do not have a good point to make.

Old 06-09-2019, 05:41 AM

23,851 posts, read 33,506,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Im not sure if this is the same hair sample, but if I recall correctly, the FBI had a sample analyzed, that apparently came back as an unknown, but then the sample, report, etc were mysteriously lost in a fire, or they could not locate it.

Its also important to keep in mind, while they released these files, its probable they still have data that remains classified (that will not be released). I remember people being amazed when they released UFO files some years ago...but again, they didnt release everything they had, only a portion that was not classified and deemed to have little potential for threat.

I havent read thru the entire release, but even without doing that, I feel safe saying, there is probably NOTHING that is going to be shocking to anyone in the records!! lol
That's what it looks like it's saying. The person that sent the hairs said they couldn't match the hair and skin to anything known; looks like the FBI beat around the bush then eventually said it was some sort of deer hair which I don't believe.

I bet there are more files they didn't release such as what they really thought the hair was. Back then I guess the FBI had the best lab to test but now we have tons of private labs.

Old 06-09-2019, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
That's what it looks like it's saying. The person that sent the hairs said they couldn't match the hair and skin to anything known; looks like the FBI beat around the bush then eventually said it was some sort of deer hair which I don't believe.

I bet there are more files they didn't release such as what they really thought the hair was. Back then I guess the FBI had the best lab to test but now we have tons of private labs.
OK, so the FBI is keeping Big Foot a secret. Fine. They are conspiring against you.

But that does not explain that nobody else has found any proof of Big Foot. There are scientists that could make a career out of it if they confirmed the existence of Big Foot. None have. There are I do not know how many TV shows with how many people floating around looking for proof. None have. There are countless individuals looking and none have.

Explain THAT.

Old 06-09-2019, 07:02 AM

23,851 posts, read 33,506,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
OK, so the FBI is keeping Big Foot a secret. Fine. They are conspiring against you.

But that does not explain that nobody else has found any proof of Big Foot. There are scientists that could make a career out of it if they confirmed the existence of Big Foot. None have. There are I do not know how many TV shows with how many people floating around looking for proof. None have. There are countless individuals looking and none have.

Explain THAT.
I've watched a few big foot shows, wondered the same thing, why it looks like big foot answers or they see with the heat camera but they have no physical proof yet.

I watched one show, I think it was Josh Gates looking for a specific one, I want to say in Russia. He got a piece of supposed skill, brought it back but it was said to be too old to analyse.

Old 06-09-2019, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
I've watched a few big foot shows, wondered the same thing, why it looks like big foot answers or they see with the heat camera but they have no physical proof yet.

I watched one show, I think it was Josh Gates looking for a specific one, I want to say in Russia. He got a piece of supposed skill, brought it back but it was said to be too old to analyse.
People seem to like the Josh Gates shows but I have a hard time watching them. I am not going to say he is bad but there is just something about his style that turns me off. At least he does not over sell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal