Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2019, 04:00 AM

10,102 posts, read 19,297,579 times

Advertisements

Last night I had a strange, intense dream about a green kitten. It was a bright, emerald green, with fluffy, long fur. I wanted to take her home with me but for some reason I couldn't do so. I was so very sad that I had to leave her.

My Grandpa was also in the dream. He said you don't need all this stuff, and was picking up various items and throwing them in a trash bin. When he went to throw the green kitten away I said no, so he said well, then take her with you. That's when I woke up.

Like most people, I have dreams, that usually don't mean anything and I have trouble remembering. But this dream was so intense. I had such a feeling of sadness when I woke up

I wonder, does a green kitten have any significance in a dream? Or was it just a silly dream?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2019, 05:49 PM

No responses

Well, I've been doing some "research" on dreams of green kittens. Here's what I've found:

A dream of a kitten means a female is of significance in your life, in a negative way.

A green cat is actually part of AIDS research. That is, the kitten somehow turns green during the research.

So, try to put that together....

Old 06-16-2019, 05:59 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,513,602 times
It's probably silly, but it could mean there' a new cat on te way.

Old 06-16-2019, 11:44 PM

87,957 posts, read 83,773,798 times
I used to look a little bit into dream meanings. I like this site.

Dream Moods A-Z Dream Dictionary

Read the major symbols in the dream. Does this mean anything to you? Because YOU have the answer. It came from your subconscious, and you are telling yourself something.

Kitten

To see a kitten in your dream represents a transitional phase toward independence. Alternatively, the dream symbolizes innocence and purity.

Green

Green signifies a positive change, good health, growth, fertility, healing, hope, vigor, vitality, peace, and serenity. The appearance of the color may also be a way of telling you to "go ahead". Alternatively, green is a metaphor for a lack of experience in some task.

To "be green" means that you are environmentally conscious. Green is also symbolic of your strive to gain recognition and establish your independence. Money, wealth and jealousy are often associated with this color.

Dark green indicates materialism, cheating, deceit, and/or difficulties with sharing. You need to balance your masculine and feminine attributes.

Grandfather

To see your grandfather in your dream symbolizes tradition, protection, wisdom, and a caring nature. Consider the qualities and characteristics that exist in your own grandfather.

Old 06-18-2019, 12:50 AM

8,428 posts, read 10,836,898 times
Mary, I can't give you any advice on the post just above this one, but I can bring the whole dream into perspective, on a much simpler scale.

First off I am not going to go into why we dream, or what we dream, but you can find those answers by simply reading the section on "dreams" in The Spirit's Book.(google it) it's free to download.

As for your grandpa, that is a normal thing to dream about, and as for the "green" cat, that is quite simple to explain, and I don't believe it has anything to do with what was posted in the post above this one.

The color of the cat only mattered to your grandpa.
You obviously saw it as green, and more than likely it was.
You need to know that all spirits, good and bad can create anything, just by thought.
Obviously the spirit of your grandpa did not want the cat, and he "turned it "green" to show his distaste for the cat.
This was echoed in his throwing the cat into the trash.

You will find when you read that section I mentioned about dreams, that we humans are "just along for the ride" when we have a dream.
We are witness to what our own soul is up to when we are sleeping.

Bob.

Old 06-18-2019, 01:15 AM

Thanks Cal and Queen!

This dream bothers me, because I felt so sad when I woke up. I think I'm working it out

Old 06-18-2019, 01:42 PM

859 posts, read 699,024 times
At first there is no constant rule about dreams; for example, you could dream of a cat and someone else dreamed of a cat. The meaning of the cat in his dream is not necessarily the same with your dream's meaning, someone's dream might refer to a good interpretation while the same dream for another one might refer to a bad interpretation. Details make the interpretation different, the condition of the person (who saw the dream) important...etc.

There are several meanings for the cat in dreams, good and bad. Overall, I don't tend to go to the negative meanings.

One of the meanings that came to my mind is a year; a green year which means a year that brings all good things, happiness, livehood...etc. Generally, a good year on you.

About the negative thing, it could refer for someone who close to you, trusted and seem very good and a protector apparently and according to you but she is not like that for the others like family members (they have another view).

If there is something of that, just pay a little attention not to trust any lady/girl based on appearance and what it seems, know them well at first. (I specified a female because your referred to the cat in your dream with the word "her")
If there is nothing of that at all, or the people around you are very good, you know them well, so it's fine, DON'T THINK bad of anyone or mistrust them. Let be positive and go for the first meaning or take it as a good interpretation.

* Side note: I'm not writing this for certain, you know your condition better than anyone else.

Good luck

Old 06-18-2019, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Authentic Bird View Post
At first there is no constant rule about dreams; for example, you could dream of a cat and someone else dreamed of a cat. The meaning of the cat in his dream is not necessarily the same with your dream's meaning, someone's dream might refer to a good interpretation while the same dream for another one might refer to a bad interpretation. Details make the interpretation different, the condition of the person (who saw the dream) important...etc.

There are several meanings for the cat in dreams, good and bad. Overall, I don't tend to go to the negative meanings.

One of the meanings that came to my mind is a year; a green year which means a year that brings all good things, happiness, livehood...etc. Generally, a good year on you.

About the negative thing, it could refer for someone who close to you, trusted and seem very good and a protector apparently and according to you but she is not like that for the others like family members (they have another view).

If there is something of that, just pay a little attention not to trust any lady/girl based on appearance and what it seems, know them well at first. (I specified a female because your referred to the cat in your dream with the word "her")
If there is nothing of that at all, or the people around you are very good, you know them well, so it's fine, DON'T THINK bad of anyone or mistrust them. Let be positive and go for the first meaning or take it as a good interpretation.

* Side note: I'm not writing this for certain, you know your condition better than anyone else.

Good luck
Interesting perspective! And yes, the kitten was definitely female in the dream.

Old 06-20-2019, 12:39 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,047,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
Last night I had a strange, intense dream about a green kitten. It was a bright, emerald green, with fluffy, long fur. I wanted to take her home with me but for some reason I couldn't do so. I was so very sad that I had to leave her.

My Grandpa was also in the dream. He said you don't need all this stuff, and was picking up various items and throwing them in a trash bin. When he went to throw the green kitten away I said no, so he said well, then take her with you. That's when I woke up.

Like most people, I have dreams, that usually don't mean anything and I have trouble remembering. But this dream was so intense. I had such a feeling of sadness when I woke up

I wonder, does a green kitten have any significance in a dream? Or was it just a silly dream?
There was is a very famous Islamic scholar by the name, Ibne Siren.

He wrote a book that is considered to be the authority of dram interpretations in the Muslim world.

The English translation of the book is titled “The Interpretation of Dreams”.

Usually a google search of your dream “[key words] by ibne Siren”, brings up the reference from that book.

Here is what I found for seeing a cat in your dream.

“Cat Dream Explanation — The case would be worse if the cat dreamt of was of the wild type. By contrast, a quiet she-cat means a comfortable year, a savage one a year full of harm. The she-cat is sometimes a reference to tender motherhood. Other contradictory symbols include: (1) Dispute or controversy. (2) Adultery. (3) The product of adultery or an abandoned child whose father cannot be identified. (4) The absence of gratitude. (5) The failure to fulfil a promise or honour one’s obligations. (6) Being quick of hearing. (7) Whispers. (8) The hypocritical flatterer and gadabout. The she-cat usually symbolizes an evil and deceitful woman. A woman told Ibn Siren she dreamed that a cat had introduced its head into her husband’s stomach, taken something out of it, and eaten it. The great seer said that a black thief would enter her husband’s shop that evening and steal 316 dirham's from his safe. And so it was. There was a black bath attendant in the neighbourhood. The people of the area got hold of him, and he confessed to his crime and restored the money. When asked how he managed to know all that, Ibn Siren said that the cat was a thief, the husband’s stomach his safe and what was taken out of it the money. As for defining the exact amount, Ibn Siren said that each letter of the alphabet had its specific number. Therefore cat—in Arabic sanur—stood for 316 dirham's.”

Here is the free online version of the book

https://archive.org/stream/IbnSirinD...reams_djvu.txt

Old 06-20-2019, 03:35 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,895,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
A green cat is actually part of AIDS research. That is, the kitten somehow turns green during the research.
They actually glow in the dark and are immune to the feline equivalent of HIV:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-c...78A2LY20110911

My guess is that you read the article when it came out in 2011, reacted to it at the time, and the memory of that was in your memory banks waiting for connections to be made.

Quote:
So, try to put that together....
I suspect the answer lies somewhere in your feelings and beliefs about kittens, your grandfather, illness, and the need to leave some things behind when you move on to a new phase in life. But only you have the keys to unlock this mystery. If your grandfather is alive, does he have an illness? If not, what did he pass from? Anyone in your family or circle of friends who have/had HIV? Do you like or dislike cats? Are you making a big life change, or anticipating one? By exploring questions like these, you may be able to figure out what you were trying to tell yourself with the dream.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal