U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2019, 10:42 PM

24,270 posts, read 7,771,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
It will never stop some imaginations! We know that we have bad humans and we know we have vultures and other predators; but ignore them all and point your finger at ET! Like some believe that ET will travel all this way to simply take a few parts of a bull! Sounds like a lot of bull to me!
Who said anything about ET traveling long distances to to get here and take random parts of a bull?! LOL We dont know where they are coming from (but I doubt its from some far away place), and since this phenomenon has been going on since the 1970s, it may be something a little more complex than we think it is.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2019, 10:43 PM

8,892 posts, read 4,354,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blistex649 View Post
Just put them on a stand. Cows are docile at night so they won't be moving.

Here is a camera and the type of field of range of view you can get.
Question; how well would these cameras detect a reptile ('cold-blooded')?

Old 08-27-2019, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blistex649 View Post
Just put them on a stand. Cows are docile at night so they won't be moving.

Here is a camera and the type of field of range of view you can get.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ribiDIkEv_s
I have to imagine, since this has been happening since about the early 1970s, someone, somewhere has probably put up trail or animal cams in an attempt to figure out whats going on with this.

Im going to do a little digging and see what I can find about anyone who has tried this as a way to figure out the cause.

Although imo, if 'ET' or UAPs are involved in this, the cams would be shorted out and probably show nothing.

Old 08-28-2019, 01:18 AM

14,347 posts, read 23,200,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
Question; how well would these cameras detect a reptile ('cold-blooded')?
They detect movement, not a heat signature.

Old 10-11-2019, 09:03 PM

5,445 posts, read 4,722,814 times
I realise this has been the subject of another thread recently, but I wanted to post it here as well for the future. These threads are useful for research.

Early July new event (only just being reported) 6 pedigree bulls mutilated on an Oregon ranch with 25,000 dollars reward for info.

Same kind of descriptions of mutilation - no blood, and surgical removal of sexual bits and tongue/mouth parts. We really need to get this sorted out now because it has been going on for so long without any progress.

Oregon cow mutilations spark conspiracy theories: 'A lot of people lean toward the aliens'

If it is the government, then why do they have to use other people's cattle - why not use their own cattle? They have 1000's of acres of land which they could use to breed animals for their own use if necessary. So, I dont think it is the government doing this, and I dont think it is some strange cult either. But...what else can it be?

Old 10-11-2019, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
I realise this has been the subject of another thread recently, but I wanted to post it here as well for the future. These threads are useful for research.

Early July new event (only just being reported) 6 pedigree bulls mutilated on an Oregon ranch with 25,000 dollars reward for info.

Same kind of descriptions of mutilation - no blood, and surgical removal of sexual bits and tongue/mouth parts. We really need to get this sorted out now because it has been going on for so long without any progress.

Oregon cow mutilations spark conspiracy theories: 'A lot of people lean toward the aliens'

If it is the government, then why do they have to use other people's cattle - why not use their own cattle? They have 1000's of acres of land which they could use to breed animals for their own use if necessary. So, I dont think it is the government doing this, and I dont think it is some strange cult either. But...what else can it be?
Well, it really doesnt make sense for aliens to be doing this either...but then again, they are probably SO different from us, its likely their actions or behavior may not make much sense to us, so, who knows, maybe they are responsible for this and the explanation is something we cannot even comprehend.

Old 10-12-2019, 12:34 PM

1,897 posts, read 1,608,074 times
[quote=rstevens62;56041518]I have to imagine, since this has been happening since about the early 1970s, someone, somewhere has probably put up trail or animal cams in an attempt to figure out whats going on with this.

Im going to do a little digging and see what I can find about anyone who has tried this as a way to figure out the cause.

The book, "Stalking the Herd," by Christopher O'Brien is a good place to start.

Old 10-12-2019, 03:10 PM

18,362 posts, read 15,061,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post

Black vultures are known for making what looks like surgical cuts and they go for the soft tissue (eyes and genitals) first. In your link that animal was not dropped from a great height. As I also pointed out in the other link; I would not want to transport cows around in an expensive helicopter if I owned one - cows leave excrement behind and it stinks.

The best possible suspects are the ones that exist in nature or humans. Humans have many motives. Some are for financial gain; whether it is for the insurance or to hurt a competitor. It could even be a neighbor that does not like their neighbor's cows on their land.

Until we have pictures that point the finger in the opposite direction; I go with the possibilities that can be explained. Just because the authorities did not find footprints does not mean that somebody did not cover or erase their footprints.

Old 10-12-2019, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Black vultures are known for making what looks like surgical cuts and they go for the soft tissue (eyes and genitals) first. In your link that animal was not dropped from a great height. As I also pointed out in the other link; I would not want to transport cows around in an expensive helicopter if I owned one - cows leave excrement behind and it stinks.

The best possible suspects are the ones that exist in nature or humans. Humans have many motives. Some are for financial gain; whether it is for the insurance or to hurt a competitor. It could even be a neighbor that does not like their neighbor's cows on their land.

Until we have pictures that point the finger in the opposite direction; I go with the possibilities that can be explained. Just because the authorities did not find footprints does not mean that somebody did not cover or erase their footprints.
If these events are being done by natural predators as you suggest, why the big mystery surrounding it, if it was truly animal predators, these cases wouldnt be rare at all, they would be seen all over the place, and I doubt anyone would be calling police about it, it would be something they are already familiar with, have seen many times before.

Another conflicting question it raises is, why did this apparently seem to just start happening at a certain point? If it were natural predators, it would have always been happening.

Old 10-13-2019, 04:23 AM

5,445 posts, read 4,722,814 times
fisheye, in this case, it is you who is ignoring the facts. No blood at the scene.

I have said in other threads, I kept large and small birds of prey and observed them close-up. Yes, they do start eating the eyes. but the result of a bird pecking and eating prey is nothing like these surgical wounds. No beak can do that surgical thing - however large the beak is.

The udders and rectums are cored out and the tongue removed. No bird of prey removes the tongue as it is really difficult to remove when there are other places easier to get into the body.

coschristi, your point about cold-blodeed reptiles is a good one. I had not thought of that.
Quote:
All of the other cases have the same evidence of 'huge bird' predation that I've mentioned before; the shattered vertebrae, the talon tracks (measuring 3-4 feet across) in the ground, puncture wounds on the hide, the excised jawbone flesh & genitals & the ground disturbances that indicate the cow was dropped from some height, onto the ground.
I think it is quite possible these cattle have been raised up to the craft, I believe Travis Walton was supposed to have been raised up to the craft by some beam technology. Puncture wounds on the hide? Where have you seen that?

Birds of prey do not stick their claws into the ground as they are moving about, they only use them for gripping things. When they sit on flat surfaces, they do not 'hold on' with claws unless they need to due to winds, instability etc. I have heard of triangular 'craft landing feet' marks (Rendlesham Forest) but not 'foot' or 'claw' marks.

As I have said above, raptors eating prey will make a mess with blood and bits of tissue spread about. There is nothing like that anywhere near these mutilations. There is no way birds of prey will make these precise incisions like we are seeing on these mutilations. In general, please change your ideas on this, speak to other people who have kept birds of prey if you do not believe my accounts.

Tallysmom - As far as I am aware these game cameras use an IR detector to detect movement and then use IR lights to make the night scene visible to the camera when it needs to take a picture. The movement is detected by the IR detector as it would use too much power to keep the camera going all the time just to detect a change in one frame against the next( => movement in the frame).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal