U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2019, 09:12 PM

18,356 posts, read 15,042,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
What is preventing you from believing my theory; that the bird the Native American's called the Thunderbird did & still does actually exist & therefore, as a living species simply needs to feed, as all other living species do? Is it because like Bigfoot & ET it has 'escaped detection' & you feel that is no longer possible? Because there are discrepancies, you know. Both BF & ET are 'fringe' industries at this point, while the Thunderbird has none.

There were two somewhat creepy moments when I first started researching what I saw & heard in 2006. Like feeling your hair raise or having the wind knocked out of you moments:

The first was right at the very beginning when the anthropology/ornithology/zoology science turned up nothing & landed me, reluctantly, in the lap of Cryptozoology/Paranormal sites. There was literally almost nothing about giant avians but the reason for this is because the sites were literally flooded with all these stupid cow reports (2006 had also been a banner year for mutilations in Colorado).

I was so frustrated. I had spent days searching to no avail when I put my head down on my desk & thought; "You are going to have to do this the hard way. You saw something real, which is NORMAL; not paranormal. What does every REAL animal do?'

Obviously, as do humans; an animal must eat, drink, sleep & eliminate. So my next thought was "Okay, so what would this eat ... Oh wait'. I picked up my head to see the image still on my screen of a mutilated cow & at once felt SO stupid & victorious at the same time.

The second was when I was trying to figure out why the flap of a bird's wing would have hurt my ears so bad. I kept having the term 'percussive' pop up. It hurt my ears as a percussive boom would. 'Like thunder ...' I thought. 'A bird that sounds like thunder? What would that even ... Oh, wait'.

I'm not a good enough writer to give you chills like the actual process did to me. As far as 'escaping detection' goes; who says it even is? This pilot states the bird was flying right alongside him & was as big as his plane was (from the Sitka Daily Sentinel, Tuesday, October 15, 2002, Sitka, Alaska):

Attachment 215435

How do airplanes look in the air? Usually smaller than birds, right? Because they fly at higher elevations & there is a visual depth discrepancy. Who's to say they don't fly over us all the time & we think we are seeing a smaller bird closer when it's an enormous bird much higher up?
In that sighting they estimate the wingspan at 14 feet. That is not too far a jump from a condor's 9 feet. Of course there is always a chance that a condor was larger than thought possible. I caught a record yellow perch one time and ate it before I found out it was a record perch. There is no way to prove it after it was eaten. At least I know I caught a record perch.

Until we get a large bird carcass like you describe it will be hard to prove they exist. But, even at 14 feet, that is not big enough to lift a full grown bull. Birds are built light so they can fly. A black vulture with a five and a half foot wingspan probably weights less than four and an half pounds. Even from the dinosaur age the Quetzalcoatlus, with a 40' wingspan and a weight of 550 pounds, could not lift a one ton cow off the ground.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2019, 09:33 PM

24,145 posts, read 7,719,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagster View Post
I would assume toxicology reports would also detect tranquilizers. That would also all but rule out cultists.
There's no way anyone's going to start carving on a 2000-lb bull without knocking the animal out.
I think too many people have been focused on 'what did this' to the bulls, rather than trying to find out what killed them, which would at least point them in the right direction, but if its nothing 'human' or natural, they are NOT going to release that detail to the public, so who knows, maybe thats why we havent heard a word about cause of death?!

I will say though, these farmers are really in a great position to DEMAND answers, even if authorities do not want to tell them, they could probably be taken to court and forced.

Old 10-15-2019, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I think too many people have been focused on 'what did this' to the bulls, rather than trying to find out what killed them, which would at least point them in the right direction, but if its nothing 'human' or natural, they are NOT going to release that detail to the public, so who knows, maybe thats why we havent heard a word about cause of death?!

I will say though, these farmers are really in a great position to DEMAND answers, even if authorities do not want to tell them, they could probably be taken to court and forced.
In North Carolina they found an answer. They found a tick that can multiply quickly to such large numbers that it can literally suck the blood from a cow. In New Jersey they also found sheep that died from the same tick. There were probably other animals that died from the Asian long horned tick; but it was not know that a tick could remove all the blood from a otherwise healthy animal. So now investigators know and it will be considered as more animals are found.

The same thing will happen in our Western states. Once the cause of the cow deaths is known; the farmers will correct the situation or law enforcement will apprehend the individuals involved.

As far as the farmers demanding answers: I would guarantee you that they are also looking for answers with our new technology. They have drones, trail cameras, and they actively check their herds. They have a vested interest in finding out what happened to their cows. Plus they are the ones that get the toxicology reports from the investigators and veterinarians.

Old 10-15-2019, 07:31 AM

5,436 posts, read 4,711,885 times
Quote:
n North Carolina they found an answer. They found a tick that can multiply quickly to such large numbers that it can literally suck the blood from a cow. In New Jersey they also found sheep that died from the same tick. There were probably other animals that died from the Asian long horned tick; but it was not know that a tick could remove all the blood from a otherwise healthy animal. So now investigators know and it will be considered as more animals are found.
Ticks live on the surface and are not hidden out of sight.

If there is no blood around or in the body, dont you think the investigators would look around the body to find out where it went to? How many ticks would it take to drain a bull of its blood overnight? (See the bold part above) You must think we are stupid.

Old 10-15-2019, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Ticks live on the surface and are not hidden out of sight.

If there is no blood around or in the body, dont you think the investigators would look around the body to find out where it went to? How many ticks would it take to drain a bull of its blood overnight? (See the bold part above) You must think we are stupid.
There are so many variables when you talk about farmers and cattle. Some are free ranged and only checked on occasionally. Even on the restricted grazing lands some are very large and every cow or bull is not checked every day. The length of time that passed from the time the bull died to the time it was discovered and investigated varied in almost all of the cases. The article that started this discussion showed a bull that had been dead for some time.

In the summer, when temperatures are high, dead animals do not last long. Their stomachs bloat and the internal pressure can make the tongues stick out as well as protruding other soft tissue. Here is one link to an article complaining about exploding coffins in mausoleums: https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/7...ing-corpse-814. Death is not pretty.

I did not say it was ticks in the Western cow mutilation cases; I don't know and the farthest west we have found those ticks is in Arkansas. But they are an ongoing danger to wildlife and it is hard to know how far they will spread or if they have a relative that had not been found so far in our Western states? I would presume that they would leave a body when they ran out of blood to suck. I just do not know how quick they would make an exit.

Old 10-15-2019, 10:03 AM

24,145 posts, read 7,719,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
In North Carolina they found an answer. They found a tick that can multiply quickly to such large numbers that it can literally suck the blood from a cow. In New Jersey they also found sheep that died from the same tick. There were probably other animals that died from the Asian long horned tick; but it was not know that a tick could remove all the blood from a otherwise healthy animal. So now investigators know and it will be considered as more animals are found.

The same thing will happen in our Western states. Once the cause of the cow deaths is known; the farmers will correct the situation or law enforcement will apprehend the individuals involved.

As far as the farmers demanding answers: I would guarantee you that they are also looking for answers with our new technology. They have drones, trail cameras, and they actively check their herds. They have a vested interest in finding out what happened to their cows. Plus they are the ones that get the toxicology reports from the investigators and veterinarians.
OK then, can you list just one of these 'mutilation' cases, where it has been solved?

Old 10-15-2019, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
OK then, can you list just one of these 'mutilation' cases, where it has been solved?
I cannot; but I have no idea if they have been solved? Our current news system is in shambles and it is hard enough to get current news; let alone follow ups on old investigations. We have five major news sources in the whole US; they have bought up many of the smaller news organizations. It is just hard to hear any news; let alone old news.

Old 10-15-2019, 01:17 PM

8,879 posts, read 4,341,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
In that sighting they estimate the wingspan at 14 feet. That is not too far a jump from a condor's 9 feet. Of course there is always a chance that a condor was larger than thought possible. I caught a record yellow perch one time and ate it before I found out it was a record perch. There is no way to prove it after it was eaten. At least I know I caught a record perch.

Until we get a large bird carcass like you describe it will be hard to prove they exist. But, even at 14 feet, that is not big enough to lift a full grown bull. Birds are built light so they can fly. A black vulture with a five and a half foot wingspan probably weights less than four and an half pounds. Even from the dinosaur age the Quetzalcoatlus, with a 40' wingspan and a weight of 550 pounds, could not lift a one ton cow off the ground.
They wouldn't have to carry them off. In fact; the cattle are always found on the ranch property. All's they have to do is nab them, launch up, drop them & feed.

Old 10-15-2019, 05:12 PM

12,282 posts, read 11,922,356 times
I am with you the giant bird seen by people in an airplane in Ak. These mutilations are not done by birds. I personally know the Veterinarian that examined the one about 64/65 on the KS/MO Stateline. He doesn't like to talk about it. He says he never saw anything like it.

Old 10-15-2019, 05:39 PM

5,436 posts, read 4,711,885 times
Quote:
They wouldn't have to carry them off. In fact; the cattle are always found on the ranch property. All's they have to do is nab them, launch up, drop them & feed.
And the 6-holes in the body? You still have not realised this is NOT a bird of prey...unless you are thinking it has 3 toes like some of the aliens are supposed to have.

I honestly believe there are portals to other realms where these different creatures enter and leave our reality. They just know when these portals open and close and can make use of them to come and go. It is the only wierd explanation which makes sense of all the strange sightings and encounters. Some Bigfoot tracks have disappeared in the middle of nowhere, the tracks suddenly stop. The experiences on Skinwalker, Parker, Stardust Ranches all suggest something coming in and leaving like this. Maybe this is what is happening?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal