U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2019, 11:10 PM

13,650 posts, read 22,289,360 times

Advertisements

I am SO DONE. Closed for review.

I’ve reopened this, but! Keep it on topic — I’m watching!

Last edited by Tallysmom; 10-23-2019 at 05:03 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2019, 10:05 AM

1,588 posts, read 934,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
From this link (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kary_Mullis) I quote: "September 1994 issue of California Monthly, Mullis said, "Back in the 1960s and early '70s I took plenty of LSD. A lot of people were doing that in Berkeley back then. And I found it to be a mind-opening experience. It was certainly much more important than any courses I ever took." So maybe it did help him in his research; but LSD is a hallucinogen. So do we know if his claims are based on science or the effects of a hallucinogenic drug?

As far as what I find believable; I am looking for answers instead of accepting the word of others that are getting paid for their information. People get paid for their books, lectures, appearances, and it takes money to maintain these websites. I have a job that is not related to any of this and I also have pensions; I am not looking for money - only the truth.
As we all are interested in answers. Obviously all the sightings cannot be explained away as LSD which I agree with you have some crazy affects which I don't personally know.

Old 12-09-2019, 04:40 PM

17,839 posts, read 14,132,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankrj View Post
As we all are interested in answers. Obviously all the sightings cannot be explained away as LSD which I agree with you have some crazy affects which I don't personally know.
Today it is so easy to get DNA tested. If an animal eats another animal it leaves saliva behind. Of course the testing can be expensive; but it puts the matter to rest. I am tired of listening to so may speculate about little grey men, government conspiracies, and unknown creatures killing these cows. Most of the reports that I have read blame most of the deaths on natural circumstances (poisons from the cows eating poisonous plants, or predators, injuries, illness - or combinations). Only a small number are unexplained. Of course unexplained does not mean aliens or unknown creatures.

Old 12-09-2019, 05:05 PM

1,588 posts, read 934,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Today it is so easy to get DNA tested. If an animal eats another animal it leaves saliva behind. Of course the testing can be expensive; but it puts the matter to rest. I am tired of listening to so may speculate about little grey men, government conspiracies, and unknown creatures killing these cows. Most of the reports that I have read blame most of the deaths on natural circumstances (poisons from the cows eating poisonous plants, or predators, injuries, illness - or combinations). Only a small number are unexplained. Of course unexplained does not mean aliens or unknown creatures.
- So the bloodless dead cows with precise incisions that our technology cannot replicate is from...?
I'm not gullible and I'm all ears or all eyes just waiting to learn.
- other Aliens (potentially more than just the greys)
- Chupacabra
- Skinwalker Ranch. I don't think you want to ever spend a few days or nights there. The stories I've read from FBI and other ultra brave investigative skeptics will give you chills about their experiences with unknown creatures and phenomena.

It's very premature to dismiss every single account of cattle mutilation as hogwash. Moreover, or that life doesn't exist elsewhere when there's 400 billion planets in the milky way galaxy according to NASA and other Int'l observatories. We've already found 5-10 earth-like planets in the last 5-10 years with the Kepler satellite and it's mission is far from over.

Old 12-09-2019, 05:23 PM

17,839 posts, read 14,132,288 times
Quote:
- So the bloodless dead cows with precise incisions that our technology cannot replicate is from...?
- Chupacabra
- Skinwalker Ranch. I don't think you want to ever spend a few days or nights there. The stories I've read from FBI and other ultra brave investigative skeptics will give you chills about their experiences with unknown creatures and phenomena.

It's very premature to dismiss every single account of cattle mutilation as hogwash. Moreover, or that life doesn't exist elsewhere when there's 400 billion planets in the milky way galaxy according to NASA and other Int'l observatories. We've already found 5-10 earth-like planets in the last 5-10 years with the Kepler satellite and it's mission is far from over.
I never said to dismiss them all. But we need good science and not speculation.

On the East Coast we have a new tick that can drain a cow of blood. The 'clone tick' or 'Asian long horned' tick has been responsible for bleeding cows to death in North Carolina. Supposedly it has spread all the way to Colorado; but I know of no cases father west.

The one sheriff's department ran a test on a dead cow and said that the surgical looking cuts could be produced simply from the skin stretching as the body bloats from the gas as the cow decomposes.

I will not fight you on the possibility of life on other planets. The odds are in favor of life someplace besides Earth. Of course it is debatable if that life could make it to our little corner of the galaxy. And, if they could, would they come here simply to bisect cows? I would think they would be quicker to bisect us into many little pieces so they could replace us! But that is simply more speculation like so many here love to practice!

Old 12-10-2019, 09:34 AM

12,201 posts, read 11,536,857 times
The mutilation I know about irrc is that there was no rot or bloating etc.

Old 12-10-2019, 11:02 AM

5,168 posts, read 3,621,975 times
Quote:
This is the setup. Saying things like "our technology cannot replicate" is the self fulfilling prophecy. Do you have any evidence of something that humans cannot replicate? I mean humans have been slicing up animals for tens of thousands of years, we are pretty good at it actually.

Quote:
- Chupacabra
They had a show on this on TV. I made it like 15 minutes and it is all self feeding trash.

Quote:
Nobody is dismissing every single cattle mutilation as hogwash. Saying this is just another lie that these stories depend on to thrive. But there is a long way from dead cow to extra terrestrials are visiting Earth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mydY...ature=youtu.be

Old 12-10-2019, 11:23 AM

21,098 posts, read 6,098,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
This is the setup. Saying things like "our technology cannot replicate" is the self fulfilling prophecy. Do you have any evidence of something that humans cannot replicate? I mean humans have been slicing up animals for tens of thousands of years, we are pretty good at it actually.

They had a show on this on TV. I made it like 15 minutes and it is all self feeding trash.

Nobody is dismissing every single cattle mutilation as hogwash. Saying this is just another lie that these stories depend on to thrive. But there is a long way from dead cow to extra terrestrials are visiting Earth.

Actually, there is proof of them visiting the earth (this doesnt mention cattle mutilation), but it does confirm that Govt has recovered and investigated some of their crafts.

https://www.cia.gov/library/readingr...0000015463.pdf

*Notice the section where it states how they learned these details..."From secret research institutions".(and this was in the 1950s!).

Old 12-10-2019, 01:22 PM

5,168 posts, read 3,621,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Actually, there is proof of them visiting the earth (this doesnt mention cattle mutilation), but it does confirm that Govt has recovered and investigated some of their crafts.

https://www.cia.gov/library/readingr...0000015463.pdf

*Notice the section where it states how they learned these details..."From secret research institutions".(and this was in the 1950s!).
You have something from the 1950's that you think proves that extraterrestrial life is visiting earth. It is over 70 years later and this is the high water mark?

But let us look at this. This is a CIA report of an article(?) published in a newspaper. This is not the CIA saying that there are UFO's, this is the CIA reporting on an article from a newspaper saying there are UFO's. This is one of the things the CIA does and does well. It looks at public media in foreign countries and makes a report on it. Does that mean the article is correct? No. It is a correlation of information over time that they can then use to analyze. This is meaningless. The fact that you somehow believe that this proves that the US Government is stating that intelligent extra terrestrials are visiting the Earth is the more interesting story here.

Old 12-10-2019, 03:18 PM

2,174 posts, read 585,976 times
Science and math:

Quote:
According to a recent study from NASA Ames Research Center, Kepler found that about 24% of M-class stars may harbor potentially habitable, Earth-size planets (i.e. those that are smaller than 1.6 times the radius of Earth’s). Based upon the number of M-class stars in the galaxy, that alone represents about 10 billion potentially habitable, Earth-like worlds.

Meanwhile, analyses of the K2 phase suggests that about one-quarter of the larger stars surveyed may also have Earth-size planet orbiting within their habitable zones. Taken together, the stars observed by Kepler make up about 70% of those found within the Milky Way. So one can estimate that there are literally tens of billions of potentially habitable planets in our galaxy alone.
Tens of billions of habitable Earth-like planets in our galaxy alone and Earth is the only one with life on it? What are the odds?

Answer: infinitesimal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal