U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-10-2019, 02:59 PM
 
Location: Falls Church, Fairfax County
5,170 posts, read 3,815,106 times
Reputation: 6331

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathlete View Post
Science and math:



Tens of billions of habitable Earth-like planets in our galaxy alone and Earth is the only one with life on it? What are the odds?

Answer: infinitesimal.
Nobody is saying that there is not life on other planets. People are saying that there is no evidence that intelligent extraterrestrial life has visited earth during the time frame humans have been here.



This is one of the dishonest arguments people use to forward this argument but it is a straw man.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-10-2019, 06:42 PM
 
Location: Swiftwater, PA
18,344 posts, read 15,011,143 times
Reputation: 14168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
Nobody is saying that there is not life on other planets. People are saying that there is no evidence that intelligent extraterrestrial life has visited earth during the time frame humans have been here.



This is one of the dishonest arguments people use to forward this argument but it is a straw man.
There is the one sheriffs department in Colorado that ran an experiment on a dead cow and watched/recorded what happed to that cow after death. It bloated and then the skin split; just like a surgeon cut it open. But our resident believers would love to speculate about things they know nothing about instead of doing their own testing.

I just cannot believe that an alien species would come all this way just to dissect cows. It literally makes no sense. It isn't only that; but our believers want us to think that these tremendously smarter aliens have to keep doing these test year after year - like they never learned anything from their first test!

Survival is a good reason to colonize other worlds. That way one does not have all of its eggs in one basket. In the next decades we will look to the stars to colonize our moon or other planets. We have no idea what to expect from another race; but chances are that it would not be a peacefully relocation to our little corner of the universe. There is a far better chance that colonizing aliens would be dissecting us instead of cows.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-11-2019, 04:25 AM
 
Location: PRC
5,415 posts, read 4,692,332 times
Reputation: 4789
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye
There is the one sheriffs department in Colorado that ran an experiment on a dead cow and watched/recorded what happed to that cow after death. It bloated and then the skin split; just like a surgeon cut it open. [bold]But our resident believers would love to speculate about things they know nothing about instead of doing their own testing[/bold].
So we should murder our dogs and leave them out in the hot sun for a few days to test out the theory?

Really, your comment does not make sense and has no relevancy to the issue. The parts of a mutilation which are cut precisely are not the parts which are going to split if it is left outside to bloat. The parts which are removed are usually eye, tongue, udder, rectum and there are no remains left outside the carcass. Coring of the rectum and eye is not splitting by bloating.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-11-2019, 05:55 AM
 
Location: Falls Church, Fairfax County
5,170 posts, read 3,815,106 times
Reputation: 6331
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
So we should murder our dogs and leave them out in the hot sun for a few days to test out the theory?
Straw man, trolling and lying. This has no place here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Really, your comment does not make sense and has no relevancy to the issue. The parts of a mutilation which are cut precisely are not the parts which are going to split if it is left outside to bloat.

First, do not say that the person's comment does not make sense. That is rude and against the forum rules. Do you have proof of this? Tell us why it does not make sense, do not attack the person.



Second where is the proof that the parts of a mutilation which are cut precisely are not the parts which are going to split if it is left outside to bloat. I have posted a video of en experiment by a law enforcement agency. They filmed it even and you are bringing nothing but personal insults.


Third I find it interesting that you are saying the parts of a mutilation which are cut precisely are not the parts which are going to split if it is left outside to bloat when you have no idea if an alien would cut. That is very interesting that you are telling us things as facts that a person who did not know would not know as facts. This is why I think these stories are made up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
The parts which are removed are usually eye, tongue, udder, rectum and there are no remains left outside the carcass. Coring of the rectum and eye is not splitting by bloating.
The video I have posted in this thread and others addresses this. The eye's, tongues and rectums are usually the easiest for scavengers to get. Do you think that dead animals in the wild are rounded up by some animal clean up crew and buried or put in a fridge?



Here is an article that discusses ravens eating parts of live animals:


https://www.theguardian.com/environm...ay/04/wildlife
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-11-2019, 08:15 AM
 
Location: Swiftwater, PA
18,344 posts, read 15,011,143 times
Reputation: 14168
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
So we should murder our dogs and leave them out in the hot sun for a few days to test out the theory?

Really, your comment does not make sense and has no relevancy to the issue. The parts of a mutilation which are cut precisely are not the parts which are going to split if it is left outside to bloat. The parts which are removed are usually eye, tongue, udder, rectum and there are no remains left outside the carcass. Coring of the rectum and eye is not splitting by bloating.
No believers are doing the testing because it is so easy to make ridiculous claims and your afraid that you will be proved wrong. Why do you want to murder your dog to see what happens with a cow? If you want to you could set up cameras on a roadkill deer laying on the side of the road. Pick a time of the year when the carcass gets hot and it will not take long.

Bloating is a condition that cattlemen worry about even when the cows are alive; although it can kill them: https://beef2live.com/story-bloat-cattle-0-104366. The gas in their stomachs continues to build up after death. As the gas builds it pushes out the soft tissues and that is what birds and smaller scavengers eat. It is a natural process. Once too much gas builds in the cow the skin can split; which is exactly what the only testing, done to date, confirmed.

You tell us why any alien would want soft tissue from a cow? Once you consider the distances between planets it would be the last thing any respectable alien would want to harvest. The trip is way too long to worry about little things like the backend of a cow! They would be quicker to harvest us than any cow and it would probably not be for food - just to replace us.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-11-2019, 08:24 AM
 
23,936 posts, read 7,644,346 times
Reputation: 13276
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
You have something from the 1950's that you think proves that extraterrestrial life is visiting earth. It is over 70 years later and this is the high water mark?



But let us look at this. This is a CIA report of an article(?) published in a newspaper. This is not the CIA saying that there are UFO's, this is the CIA reporting on an article from a newspaper saying there are UFO's. This is one of the things the CIA does and does well. It looks at public media in foreign countries and makes a report on it. Does that mean the article is correct? No. It is a correlation of information over time that they can then use to analyze. This is meaningless. The fact that you somehow believe that this proves that the US Government is stating that intelligent extra terrestrials are visiting the Earth is the more interesting story here.
Please explain why such a thing would be classified for decades then? What did they NOT want people to see?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-11-2019, 08:32 AM
 
23,936 posts, read 7,644,346 times
Reputation: 13276
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
No believers are doing the testing because it is so easy to make ridiculous claims and your afraid that you will be proved wrong. Why do you want to murder your dog to see what happens with a cow? If you want to you could set up cameras on a roadkill deer laying on the side of the road. Pick a time of the year when the carcass gets hot and it will not take long.

Bloating is a condition that cattlemen worry about even when the cows are alive; although it can kill them: https://beef2live.com/story-bloat-cattle-0-104366. The gas in their stomachs continues to build up after death. As the gas builds it pushes out the soft tissues and that is what birds and smaller scavengers eat. It is a natural process. Once too much gas builds in the cow the skin can split; which is exactly what the only testing, done to date, confirmed.

You tell us why any alien would want soft tissue from a cow? Once you consider the distances between planets it would be the last thing any respectable alien would want to harvest. The trip is way too long to worry about little things like the backend of a cow! They would be quicker to harvest us than any cow and it would probably not be for food - just to replace us.
We have went back and forth on this topic before, but I have to ask, if this whole phenomenon is just the result of scavengers or other humans dong it as a trick or hoax...why are there not many more 'mutilations' reported?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-11-2019, 09:01 AM
 
Location: Falls Church, Fairfax County
5,170 posts, read 3,815,106 times
Reputation: 6331
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Please explain why such a thing would be classified for decades then? What did they NOT want people to see?
I cannot explain why it was classified and really I am not even going to try to.



That is a red herring. Classifying a document does not prove there is intelligent extra terrestrial life visiting earth.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-11-2019, 09:09 AM
 
Location: Falls Church, Fairfax County
5,170 posts, read 3,815,106 times
Reputation: 6331
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
We have went back and forth on this topic before, but I have to ask, if this whole phenomenon is just the result of scavengers or other humans dong it as a trick or hoax...why are there not many more 'mutilations' reported?
If it were more you would say it was proof because there are a lot. If it is less why are they not reported more? No matter what it is it is "proof" of aliens.


So tell us why a certain number is proof of intelligent extra terrestrial life visiting earth or lets move on to what exactly about these mutilations is proof of intelligent extra terrestrial life is visiting earth.



Basically I do not care about numbers, cattle, cuts, reports. What I want is the evidence of intelligent extra terrestrial life is visiting earth. No distractions, no "why is this like this" unless it is proof of intelligent extra terrestrial life is visiting earth. Otherwise it is coming up with a conclusion and throwing mud at a wall and hoping it spells ET.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-11-2019, 11:34 AM
 
Location: Swiftwater, PA
18,344 posts, read 15,011,143 times
Reputation: 14168
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
We have went back and forth on this topic before, but I have to ask, if this whole phenomenon is just the result of scavengers or other humans dong it as a trick or hoax...why are there not many more 'mutilations' reported?
My feeling is that many of these are also a misuse of, what we would describe, a 'mutilation'. That term does not always mean that somebody took a fire axe to the carcass. It could mean that the cow lost an eye or ear. I am sure that there have been many 'cases' that the degree of 'mutilation' was not the same. What goes on in a slaughterhouse I am sure would meet the definition.

When humans intervene anything is possible; much depends on the motive. Was a homeless person or illegal immigrant simply hungry? Or is it because a neighbor is tired of the cows getting into his wife's flower garden? Maybe it could be because another rancher doesn't like the competition? The motive might dictate how the perpetrator carried out the crime.

The list of natural causes is long and complex because it is not always just one cause. The cow eats too much clover and dies from bloating and scavengers and some insects go after the soft tissue. The 'mutilation' could also be a combination of human, predator, insect. Each case could be different. It would be very interesting to hear directly from veterinarians/pathologist that have solved some of these 'mysteries'.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top