U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 12-13-2019, 08:50 PM
 
24,145 posts, read 7,712,761 times
Reputation: 13347

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Many of the people that I have encountered over the years, that do drugs, do not stop at just one drug. They would take almost anything that was offered to them. There is always that quest for stronger stuff and it is impossible to say what the next one takes or did not take. Now we have your story about how you took LSD; but you even admit to taking stronger 'stuff'. How are we supposed to make sense out of statement from people on mind altering drugs?

If you just Google how many Americans suffer from mental problems you will get this answer: "An estimated 26% of Americans ages 18 and older -- about 1 in 4 adults -- suffers from a diagnosable mental disorder in a given year." Toss that in with all of the people taking hallucinogenic drugs. Then we also have a certain number of people that simply lie for attention. Facts are the only thing that we can base our opinions on. This is a forum and anybody can say they saw anything; to prove it is another story.
Just because someone uses drugs doesnt automatically invalidate their claims. You are right... in addition to the acid in my earlier years, I used heroin for close to 5 or 6 yrs, ( Ive been off it for about 5 yrs now), Ive had periods where I used alcohol in excess as well, thats about it, I was never fond of marijuana or meth,so I never got into them.


When I had my encounter with the gold ball, it was during the time I was using Heroin, but I was not high at the time of that incident, the drugs were not relevant to that incident at all, I didnt hallucinate the thing (because I had a picture of it) and I can remember all the details to this day, its not foggy at all.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-14-2019, 12:40 PM
 
Location: Swiftwater, PA
18,355 posts, read 15,039,630 times
Reputation: 14197
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Just because someone uses drugs doesnt automatically invalidate their claims. You are right... in addition to the acid in my earlier years, I used heroin for close to 5 or 6 yrs, ( Ive been off it for about 5 yrs now), Ive had periods where I used alcohol in excess as well, thats about it, I was never fond of marijuana or meth,so I never got into them.


When I had my encounter with the gold ball, it was during the time I was using Heroin, but I was not high at the time of that incident, the drugs were not relevant to that incident at all, I didnt hallucinate the thing (because I had a picture of it) and I can remember all the details to this day, its not foggy at all.
I am glad that you're drug free!

But like I have stated is so many words; humans have many problems and it is hard to determine the truth without evidence. We need pictures, physical evidence and research/studies before we proclaim anything the "truth'!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-14-2019, 09:57 PM
 
24,145 posts, read 7,712,761 times
Reputation: 13347
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
I am glad that you're drug free!

But like I have stated is so many words; humans have many problems and it is hard to determine the truth without evidence. We need pictures, physical evidence and research/studies before we proclaim anything the "truth'!
I understand what you are saying, but when its SO many people, from all over the place, going back 100s of years, all pretty much describing a similar thing/event/incident...that tends to add some credibility imo.


Furthermore, there have even been high ranking people in Govt, military, etc that have been quoted making comments to the effect that these things are true and it is indeed suppressed from the public....you are telling me, that doesnt sway your opinion one bit?!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-15-2019, 06:01 AM
 
Location: Swiftwater, PA
18,355 posts, read 15,039,630 times
Reputation: 14197
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I understand what you are saying, but when its SO many people, from all over the place, going back 100s of years, all pretty much describing a similar thing/event/incident...that tends to add some credibility imo.


Furthermore, there have even been high ranking people in Govt, military, etc that have been quoted making comments to the effect that these things are true and it is indeed suppressed from the public....you are telling me, that doesnt sway your opinion one bit?!
And cows have been dying ever since the first one. The dead bloat, the 'soft tissues' are pushed out, and predators and insects eat. Plus the skin can split with what some have described as a surgical incision.

As far as high ranking people in Govt, military or whatever; that does not mean they have all the answers. Stinking, rotting carcasses, do not gather too many celebrities; they pretty much keep their distance.

To the best of my knowledge only the one Colorado Sheriff's Department did any research into what happened after a cow died. They documented the process. We need others to conduct their own test or make their own observations. Personally I like cow mutilations; they are great on a grill!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-15-2019, 07:14 AM
 
Location: Falls Church, Fairfax County
5,170 posts, read 3,821,430 times
Reputation: 6331
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I understand what you are saying, but when its SO many people, from all over the place, going back 100s of years, all pretty much describing a similar thing/event/incident...that tends to add some credibility imo.
So if these reports are accurate and credible how do we go from unknown to "OH MY ZOG IT MUST BE INTELLIGENT EXTRATERRESTRIAL LIFE!!!!!!"


I mean if this is the kind of basic fact checking you do I have some financial investments for you....

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Furthermore, there have even been high ranking people in Govt, military, etc that have been quoted making comments to the effect that these things are true and it is indeed suppressed from the public....you are telling me, that doesnt sway your opinion one bit?!
There have also been many more high ranking people in Govt, military, etc that counter these claims and say that there is no proof of intelligent extra-terrestrial life visiting earth. The idiot Edward Snowden even searched for information on on aliens in the CIA information he had access to and found nothing. But you have a report on an article in a foreign newspaper that you think is proof. Are you answer shopping?
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-15-2019, 11:17 AM
 
24,145 posts, read 7,712,761 times
Reputation: 13347
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
And cows have been dying ever since the first one. The dead bloat, the 'soft tissues' are pushed out, and predators and insects eat. Plus the skin can split with what some have described as a surgical incision.

As far as high ranking people in Govt, military or whatever; that does not mean they have all the answers. Stinking, rotting carcasses, do not gather too many celebrities; they pretty much keep their distance.

To the best of my knowledge only the one Colorado Sheriff's Department did any research into what happened after a cow died. They documented the process. We need others to conduct their own test or make their own observations. Personally I like cow mutilations; they are great on a grill!
In that post, I was referring to evidence related to UFOs, aliens, not so much cattle mutilations.


There doesnt seem to be many cattle mutilations that Im aware of, nowhere even close to UFOs that are reported.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-15-2019, 02:26 PM
 
Location: Swiftwater, PA
18,355 posts, read 15,039,630 times
Reputation: 14197
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
In that post, I was referring to evidence related to UFOs, aliens, not so much cattle mutilations.


There doesnt seem to be many cattle mutilations that Im aware of, nowhere even close to UFOs that are reported.
There are going to be more UFOs reported as our technology improves. Many of our drone makers are producing 'craft' that resemble UFOs. Here is one YouTube of a team that set out just to make a hoax. But it proves that even with a limited budget and easy to get components that such a hoax is possible.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gL4kgJEkvbg
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-15-2019, 06:08 PM
 
Location: colorado springs, CO
8,879 posts, read 4,338,207 times
Reputation: 25699
IT'S THAT BIRD.

Okay got that out of my system.

Or not yet . It was seen AGAIN in Alaska last year.

Quote:
Impossibly large bird spotted in Mendenhall Valley

I was just driving by the movie theater in the Valley and there was a huge black bird flying above the road. The wingspan had to be at-least 20 feet, it was almost as wide as the road. I have lived here all my life and have never seen anything like that, it freaked me out. It was not a raven or an eagle. This isn’t a joke. This thing was HUGE, almost the size of a small airplane. Did anyone else see it?”

Another woman, who asked that the Empire use only her first name, Diane, said she saw something very similar — this time perched, or attempting to perch, in a tree near her house late at night a few years ago.

Both of these accounts sound similar to a national headline-making event in 2002, when a very large bird was spotted in Southcentral Alaska.

A heavy equipment operator from Togiak spotted the bird then.

“At first I thought it was one of those old-time Otter planes,” the Alaska Dispatch News (now the Anchorage Daily News) quoted Moses Coupchiak, 43, a heavy equipment operator from Togiak, as saying. “Instead of continuing toward me, it banked to the left, and that’s when I noticed it wasn’t a plane.”

Bauer and Diane were both adamant about the size of the bird, so neither the albatross, Steller’s eagle or immature female bald eagle squares with their account. They’re both too small and the wrong colors.
https://www.juneauempire.com/life/im...enhall-valley/

C'mon people! A bird's gotta eat right? A bird as big as what I saw in Colorado & what has been spotted in Alaska is not going to eat mice.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-16-2019, 03:16 AM
 
Location: Swiftwater, PA
18,355 posts, read 15,039,630 times
Reputation: 14197
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
IT'S THAT BIRD.

Okay got that out of my system.

Or not yet . It was seen AGAIN in Alaska last year.


https://www.juneauempire.com/life/im...enhall-valley/

C'mon people! A bird's gotta eat right? A bird as big as what I saw in Colorado & what has been spotted in Alaska is not going to eat mice.
Maybe it doesn't eat anything:


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-c9C62kfSw

While that is small there is always a chance somebody made a larger one.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-16-2019, 07:27 AM
 
12,282 posts, read 11,922,356 times
Reputation: 4977
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
IT'S THAT BIRD.

Okay got that out of my system.

Or not yet . It was seen AGAIN in Alaska last year.


https://www.juneauempire.com/life/im...enhall-valley/

C'mon people! A bird's gotta eat right? A bird as big as what I saw in Colorado & what has been spotted in Alaska is not going to eat mice.

In your defense.


https://cryptozoologynews.com/ohio-w...d-thunderbird/

In 1890, Arizona newspaper The Tombstone Epitaph reported that two ranchers had allegedly killed a “winged monster”, similar to an “alligator”, in the desert between the Whetsone and Huachuca mountains.
In July 2015, two people in Nevada reported seeing a creature that reminded them of a pterosaur, a flying reptile believed to have gone extinct about 65 million years ago.
Two weeks later, a minister and her daughter claimed to have seen an unidentified flying creature that looked like it was “straight out of Jurassic Park”.
In August 2015, a man in Michigan claimed to have seen a “giant bird” with a 10-foot wingspan.
In April 2015, a Louisiana man claimed to have seen a similar flying creature he believes was responsible for cow mutilations in 1978.
The following month, another person came forward stating he had seen a dinosaur-like bird at a public park about 50 miles northwest of Tucson, Arizona.
In 1927, a similar event reportedly took place in the Australian town of Fernvale when a few giant birds visited the area, causing panic among the town’s residents.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top