Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2019, 06:55 AM

22,913 posts, read 28,245,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Hasnt some of these cases involved the cattle being dropped from a fairly high place and then hit the ground (causing lots of broken and shattered bones)?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSXOeqwbrEo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2019, 09:44 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,575,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heidi-ho View Post
So what do you think the Thunderbird actually is? Even if it could be the largest ancient bird related to the Condor, it was a scavenger and couldn’t pick up prey.
There are numerous reports of very large birds from all over the country.

Old 07-08-2019, 02:00 PM

Quote:
There are numerous reports of very large birds from all over the country.
Not big enough to pick up a cow. An adult cow generally weighs around 1,500 pounds. It can very from breed to breed, of course, but 1,500 pounds is a good average.

I am not an ornithologist nor an expert in aerodynamics, but do you know how big a hollow-boned bird would have to be to life a cow off the ground? Not just big. GINORMOUS.

The Andean Condor weighs about 33 pounds. It has a wingspan of 10 ft. Even with that, it has a hard time staying aloft and so tends to live in windy areas where the wind helps them fly. So let's be downright liberal and propose that a bird with a 40 ft wingspan could life 140 pounds. You're still 1/10th of the way to lifting a cow.

So a bird that could lift a cow isn't going to be the size of a Condor Hulk. It's going to be the size of a jet airliner. So where is this species of birds with 400 ft wingspans living?

Old 07-08-2019, 09:03 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,321,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
So where is this species of birds with 400 ft wingspans living?
In people's wild and crazy imaginations silly!

Old 07-08-2019, 10:51 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,921,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnappleApple View Post
Theory: Since the US government is responsible for the mutilations. It would not make sense for them to investigate because they know what and why they did. Claiming lack of jurisdiction makes a show of feeding into the Sagebrush Rebellion, yet in reality they **** all over it because the US government mutilated the cows without asking for permission. Why did they mutilate the cows? Because they were testing nuclear bombs in Nevada and New Mexico, and they needed to know how the radioactive downwind drift affected the environment without telling the public.
Why will US gubment mutilate livestock? Are they running experiments in the occult and trying to satiate the lust of demons?

Old 07-09-2019, 12:50 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,575,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
Why will US gubment mutilate livestock? Are they running experiments in the occult and trying to satiate the lust of demons?
It may not be that, but I wouldnt be surprised if its something equally bizarre!!

Think about it...if Govt needed to (secretly) do testing and exams on livestock in a particular area, they could do this a number of different ways, they would not have to employ black ops style tactics, or make it look like it was done by aliens! LOL

Honestly, I wouldnt be surprised if they are ALL fakes...creating a sort of false time line, leading up the the eventual fake alien invasion threat (where HUGE defense spending will be required and probably will involve the people giving up some freedoms/liberties, in order to keep everyone safe and secure...from this terrible new threat!

Something else to consider...cattle are usually raised in rural areas...if govt announced an extraterrestrial threat...lots of people are going to flee the metro, cities and suburbs, for the more rural areas, not sure how that could be used, just seems convenient and predictable.

Old 07-09-2019, 01:08 AM

9,512 posts, read 6,092,135 times
Quote:
Hasnt some of these cases involved the cattle being dropped from a fairly high place and then hit the ground (causing lots of broken and shattered bones)?
Yes. Even depressions in the ground where they landed. It’s not an uncommon tactic used by raptors when hunting snakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Not big enough to pick up a cow. An adult cow generally weighs around 1,500 pounds. It can very from breed to breed, of course, but 1,500 pounds is a good average.

I am not an ornithologist nor an expert in aerodynamics, but do you know how big a hollow-boned bird would have to be to life a cow off the ground? Not just big. GINORMOUS.

The Andean Condor weighs about 33 pounds. It has a wingspan of 10 ft. Even with that, it has a hard time staying aloft and so tends to live in windy areas where the wind helps them fly. So let's be downright liberal and propose that a bird with a 40 ft wingspan could life 140 pounds. You're still 1/10th of the way to lifting a cow.

So a bird that could lift a cow isn't going to be the size of a Condor Hulk. It's going to be the size of a jet airliner. So where is this species of birds with 400 ft wingspans living?
I estimated what I saw had a 40ft wingspan but there are plenty of wildlife photographs showing Eagles lifting deer off the ground.

It took me about a year after seeing that ‘bird’ to finally come out of denial & start researching or even talking about it. For the first year I called it an owl; asking casually the docents at Garden of the Gods & even night-shift law enforcement; ‘So, what’s the biggest owl you’ve seen around here?” I knew that was no owl. I will never forget the sound it made as it glided off my roof; like a Hawks piercing cry mixed with a croaking, almost reptilian sound.

When I finally sat down in front of the computer, I spent two hours trying to keyword search on cryptozoology sites but almost gave up because I kept getting directed to Paranormal websites that all happened to be focusing on cattle mutilations. I wanted information on this giant winged thing but became frustrated with the dumb cows dominating my searches.

So I sat for a few minutes & thought; “I need to start with what I know & I know it flew with wings (the downstroke of it’s initial flap had knocked me backwards) & it was very much alive & real. Everything alive & real must eat, drink, sleep & eliminate, so if I were that thing; what would I be eating?” One websites page was still up on a tab on my computer & I stared at a picture of a half-eaten heifer for about 10 seconds before it dawned on me; Oh, s***!”

Learning about bird behavior & digestion, comparing sightings that I used archived newspapers searches to find against mutilation locations, reading “.gov” documents & livestock association publications; I was able to cross-reference ‘eat, drink, sleep & eliminate’ with 21 consistent clues found at mutilation sites & was able to account for every single one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
In people's wild and crazy imaginations silly!
Given that the other options involve satanic cults in black helicopters or UFOs? Not really.

Quote:
These mutilations are hitting ranchers below the belt; the government is not involved. The high southwestern plains in Colorado have been plagued by these mutilations since the 1970s & elected politicians are typically livestock owners themselves. Neighboring Las Animas county has had rewards posted for years. It’s really not the government.

Old 07-09-2019, 04:30 AM

6,931 posts, read 6,862,904 times
Quote:
I was able to cross-reference ‘eat, drink, sleep & eliminate’ with 21 consistent clues found at mutilation sites & was able to account for every single one.
In my mind, the laser-type cuts on cows are NOT made by birds of prey. Thats one consistently reported thing which does not fit in with raptors abilities. They also certainly do not drain the blood out of prey either. So thats 2 which do not match. Sorry, I have to disagree with you.

Old 07-09-2019, 06:16 AM

Quote:
According to some conspiracy groups ... yes, that is exactly what is going on. You can watch their videos "proving" this on youtube. Some of them are quite entertaining.

The best ones are the ones that tie it ALL together. Child abductions, human trafficking, the JFK assassination, UFOs, cattle mutilation, alien abductions, Jim Morrison and MK Ultra, the Illuminati, Bigfoot, the Philadelphia Experiment and time travel, the Disney Channel, Jack Parsons and L. Ron Hubbard, Satanism, the Rosicrucians, Aleister Crowley and the Bush family, Charles Manson, David Koresh, Stanely Kubrick and the fake moon landing, Waco, and 9/11! Don't you see? It's all connected, man!

Old 07-09-2019, 07:49 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,119,168 times
You don't need a large bird or a helicopter to make a cow fly: https://classicrock1051.com/storm-ch...tornado-watch/.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal