U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 07-16-2019, 12:12 AM
 
20,945 posts, read 6,010,107 times
Reputation: 12048

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
Just saw this article in my Facebook feed; it illustrates just how frighteningly competent government agencies are.

https://www.wyff4.com/article/nasa-s...lions/28377207

These guys could keep massive programs secret for decades and develop tech centuries in advance of what the public knows about? Sure, why not.
The US govt has sure done a great job of keeping Area 51 secure and secret though!! When is the last time you heard ANYONE speaking from first hand experience (regarding what goes on at the base)?


Considering all the people that have come and gone from there over the years, employees, contractors, etc. and NOT A SINGLE ONE has gone public with what they saw or divulged any info/secrets!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-16-2019, 07:35 AM
 
Location: Maine
19,172 posts, read 22,860,668 times
Reputation: 23435
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
The US govt has sure done a great job of keeping Area 51 secure and secret though!! When is the last time you heard ANYONE speaking from first hand experience (regarding what goes on at the base)?


Considering all the people that have come and gone from there over the years, employees, contractors, etc. and NOT A SINGLE ONE has gone public with what they saw or divulged any info/secrets!
I have never divulged the deep and dark secret conspiracies I learned while working at a national chain bookstore. You know why? Because there weren't any.

There may well be military secrets guarded at Area 51 or any number of other military bases. Interstellar spacecraft? I can't imagine that secret could have been kept. Is it impossible? No. But highly, highly improbable. The government was reverse engineering alien spacecraft at any airbase, someone would have squealed.

"People have squealed!"

Yes, they have, and the remarkable thing about all of their "testimony" is how little of it agrees with other leakers' testimony, and how none of them have a shred of evidence for any of it. It's all hearsay. It's aliens from Star XYZ. No, it's aliens from an alternate dimension. No, it's demons --- except some that are angels. No, they're from the Hollow Earth. It's the Anunanki. It's reptiloids. It's lava men.

Every supposed "truth teller" has his or her own truth, none of which agrees with the other truth-tellers truths.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2019, 11:57 AM
 
20,945 posts, read 6,010,107 times
Reputation: 12048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
I have never divulged the deep and dark secret conspiracies I learned while working at a national chain bookstore. You know why? Because there weren't any.

There may well be military secrets guarded at Area 51 or any number of other military bases. Interstellar spacecraft? I can't imagine that secret could have been kept. Is it impossible? No. But highly, highly improbable. The government was reverse engineering alien spacecraft at any airbase, someone would have squealed.

"People have squealed!"

Yes, they have, and the remarkable thing about all of their "testimony" is how little of it agrees with other leakers' testimony, and how none of them have a shred of evidence for any of it. It's all hearsay. It's aliens from Star XYZ. No, it's aliens from an alternate dimension. No, it's demons --- except some that are angels. No, they're from the Hollow Earth. It's the Anunanki. It's reptiloids. It's lava men.

Every supposed "truth teller" has his or her own truth, none of which agrees with the other truth-tellers truths.
I never said anything about interstellar spacecraft, I was referring to secrets pertaining to experimental military aircraft.


Even when they were developing and testing the Stealth bomber, think of all the people involved in that project, how many of them leaked secret information I wonder?


And besides the Stealth bomber, Area 51 has been involved in LOTS of other classified projects and experiments, relating to aircraft...so again, Id like to see some of the secrets that were leaked out from ANY of these other projects?


There should be quite a few, since Govt is incompetent in keeping things secret...right?
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2019, 01:02 PM
 
Location: Greenville, SC
5,779 posts, read 4,495,736 times
Reputation: 10972
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Even when they were developing and testing the Stealth bomber, think of all the people involved in that project, how many of them leaked secret information I wonder?
They didn't need to leak the existence of stealth projects when they had a President to do it for them.

https://www.csmonitor.com/1980/0825/082544.html
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2019, 01:37 PM
 
Location: Madison, Alabama
5,312 posts, read 3,069,206 times
Reputation: 3970
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
The US govt has sure done a great job of keeping Area 51 secure and secret though!! When is the last time you heard ANYONE speaking from first hand experience (regarding what goes on at the base)?


Considering all the people that have come and gone from there over the years, employees, contractors, etc. and NOT A SINGLE ONE has gone public with what they saw or divulged any info/secrets!
There's a guy who was, I believe, an electrical engineer who's on some of the UFO shows who talks about things that are no longer classified. He says, and I believe him, that he doesn't know what they're doing there now. He has no need to know.

And then, of course, there's Bob Lazar who allegedly worked there. Personally, I don't think he ever set foot on the place, nor do I believe he was educated at MIT, but that's just me.

It's quite possible for people who hold security clearances to remain silent about what they do. They can be fired, fined, and even spend time in jail if they do. Every once in a while someone does (the young girl at the NSA, for example, but I think she may be in jail now) but they suffer the consequences. Plus, things at the highest levels are compartmented so even though you may know a piece, you don't know how it fits in the overall puzzle.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2019, 12:00 AM
 
20,945 posts, read 6,010,107 times
Reputation: 12048
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
There's a guy who was, I believe, an electrical engineer who's on some of the UFO shows who talks about things that are no longer classified. He says, and I believe him, that he doesn't know what they're doing there now. He has no need to know.

And then, of course, there's Bob Lazar who allegedly worked there. Personally, I don't think he ever set foot on the place, nor do I believe he was educated at MIT, but that's just me.

It's quite possible for people who hold security clearances to remain silent about what they do. They can be fired, fined, and even spend time in jail if they do. Every once in a while someone does (the young girl at the NSA, for example, but I think she may be in jail now) but they suffer the consequences. Plus, things at the highest levels are compartmented so even though you may know a piece, you don't know how it fits in the overall puzzle.
Im on the fence in regards to Bob Lazar, however I believe he claimed to work at S-4 in the Dulce base (not Area 51, but I could be wrong). I did read something not long ago where a handful of other scientists verified he had worked with them in other top secret labs, and there are some other aspects that point to him telling the truth...but then again, if he truly worked with this kind of stuff for the govt and they went to these great lengths to destroy his credibility...I dont think they would just let him continue to run around making videos, books, etc and speaking to people about what he has seen and done, I think he would have turned up dead long ago in some random car accident or something!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2019, 09:57 AM
 
7,340 posts, read 4,570,601 times
Reputation: 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Bob Lazar is extremely entertaining. I love listening to him. But he is a fraud.
Lazar was just in the The Joe Rogan Experience podcast a month ago and it was quite entertaining to say the least!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2019, 06:37 PM
 
Location: Madison, Alabama
5,312 posts, read 3,069,206 times
Reputation: 3970
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Im on the fence in regards to Bob Lazar, however I believe he claimed to work at S-4 in the Dulce base (not Area 51, but I could be wrong). I did read something not long ago where a handful of other scientists verified he had worked with them in other top secret labs, and there are some other aspects that point to him telling the truth...but then again, if he truly worked with this kind of stuff for the govt and they went to these great lengths to destroy his credibility...I dont think they would just let him continue to run around making videos, books, etc and speaking to people about what he has seen and done, I think he would have turned up dead long ago in some random car accident or something!
I don't suppose it really matters, but no, the place he allegedly worked and houses flying saucers is in the Area 51 vicinity. It may not be technically part of Area 51 (I don't know) but it's part of Nellis/Groome Lake. Dulce is in New Mexico.

Gotta give Lazar credit for one thing: He's a smooth talker.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2019, 07:31 PM
 
7,340 posts, read 4,570,601 times
Reputation: 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Gotta give Lazar credit for one thing: He's a smooth talker.
Unless he starts having migraines, which is what happened a couple of times during the Joe Rogan interview.

What was that George Costanza quote he once said, "Jerry.....just remember.....it's not a lie if you believe it!"
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top