Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2019, 01:18 PM

30,262 posts, read 11,884,097 times

Advertisements

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/933589...ngs-seriously/

My take is either:

There have been so many credible sightings by pilots lately that it is not possible to simply dismiss this indicating that the government now believes we are being visited.

or

Pilots are only seeing top secret crafts produced by the US Government and this is a PR stunt primarily to mislead other governments as well as the public to how advanced our technology has become.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2019, 01:49 PM

22,947 posts, read 28,346,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post

My take is either:

There have been so many credible sightings by pilots lately that it is not possible to simply dismiss this indicating that the government now believes we are being visited.
Ehh ... I don't think so. The government is admitting UFOS (unidentified flying objects) are real. What are they? The government seems as clueless as the rest of us.

Quote:
Pilots are only seeing top secret crafts produced by the US Government and this is a PR stunt primarily to mislead other governments as well as the public to how advanced our technology has become.
That presumes that dozens if not hundreds of people can keep a secret of this magnitude. History proves this extremely unlikely.

Also: Consider the source. THE SUN is a UK paper with only slightly more credibility than THE NATIONAL ENQUIRER --- and significantly less truth than THE ONION.

Old 06-20-2019, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Ehh ... I don't think so. The government is admitting UFOS (unidentified flying objects) are real. What are they? The government seems as clueless as the rest of us.
It is but it also has all the info on crafts that are not known by the public, which the public and even pilots might see. Which they can rule out.
Quote:
That presumes that dozens if not hundreds of people can keep a secret of this magnitude. History proves this extremely unlikely.

Also: Consider the source. THE SUN is a UK paper with only slightly more credibility than THE NATIONAL ENQUIRER --- and significantly less truth than THE ONION.
I am a skeptic on all of this. As far as secrets go I was referring to top secret craft the US government is testing not alien UFO's. Yes the government can keep a secret on that. I don't believe the government could keep a secret of aliens actually coming here or crashing. And I don't think they would do that.

Old 06-20-2019, 05:11 PM

6,986 posts, read 6,909,763 times
I think we have to look at the circumstances surrounding all the sightings. The UFOs appear to be really interested in nuclear facilities and do not respect no-fly zones. They fly exactly when and where they choose and seem to have capabilities far in excess of our top fighters tasked to protect our airspace.

In my opinion, which maybe wrong, this does not fit in with the characteristics of a home-built and flown craft and so points towards a foreign maker or ET of some kind.

They also do not have flashy lights as our craft are required to have, and show up over populated places unlike secret craft being developed would do.

Old 06-20-2019, 05:14 PM

6,986 posts, read 6,909,763 times
Quote:
I don't believe the government could keep a secret of aliens actually coming here or crashing. And I don't think they would do that.
Really?? There is plenty of evidence which points to the opposite including released memos and documents which actually mention alien crashes in New Mexico and other places. Please try to widen your viewpoint for your own sake because when the news comes we have been visited for years and years, you will suffer shock of some kind.

Old 06-20-2019, 05:17 PM

13,079 posts, read 9,610,255 times
Quote:

My take is either:

or

It's funny how people throw the words "Top Secret" around as if it's a generic description of something that is classified. It's not ... it has a specific definition (that being it can cause "grave damage" to the US if exposed). This is the only place I've seen the description of the briefing as Top Secret. Others report it as being "classified", such as CNN: https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/20/polit...ors/index.html This was to the Intelligence Committee, but even there it's quite possible that all the senators do not have a Top Secret clearance. Not all congressmen have that level of clearance, or even a clearance at all. They're not necessariy trustworthy.

A likely reason for the briefing being classified is more likely as simple as it would reveal methods of data collection (specifics of our equipment) rather than it being an expose' of alien beings.

Old 06-20-2019, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Really?? There is plenty of evidence which points to the opposite including released memos and documents which actually mention alien crashes in New Mexico and other places. Please try to widen your viewpoint for your own sake because when the news comes we have been visited for years and years, you will suffer shock of some kind.

I am open to that when the evidence presents itself. And since the early 70's I have had a strong interest in UFO's. Even at that time many thought there was a government coverup that would soon be revealed. There was a lot more mania about UFO's then. Well that was more than 40 years ago. It may happen one day but I keep a skeptical eye for now. I don't see what strongly believing that they are true changes anything.

Old 06-20-2019, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
It's funny how people throw the words "Top Secret" around as if it's a generic description of something that is classified. It's not ... it has a specific definition (that being it can cause "grave damage" to the US if exposed). This is the only place I've seen the description of the briefing as Top Secret. Others report it as being "classified", such as CNN: https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/20/polit...ors/index.html This was to the Intelligence Committee, but even there it's quite possible that all the senators do not have a Top Secret clearance. Not all congressmen have that level of clearance, or even a clearance at all. They're not necessariy trustworthy.

A likely reason for the briefing being classified is more likely as simple as it would reveal methods of data collection (specifics of our equipment) rather than it being an expose' of alien beings.

Good points. My question is why do this briefing in the first place, what was the real motivation?

Old 06-20-2019, 10:29 PM

9,460 posts, read 11,220,029 times
Quote:

Actually the Enquirer has broken a number of stories that nobody else would touch.

The Onion is satire, and I find the satire truthful in what it pokes its sticks at.

Old 06-20-2019, 11:39 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,657,810 times
Quote:
Good points. My question is why do this briefing in the first place, what was the real motivation?
If you have been paying attention the last couple years or so, you surely have noticed 'UFOs' and aliens in the news more frequently, Dec 2017 was the breaking article in the NY times about the secret Pentagon investigation (lots of debate on things related to that here on CD!), then there was former DIA director on Good morning America, talking about....UFOs few weeks ago.

It appears to me, they are priming the public for some news in the near future.

Personally I think they will announce 1 of 2 things, that we are not alone and they are present here on earth with us...OR...there is a new off planet threat to be concerned about, which will require LOTS of new defense spending in order to keep citizens safe and secure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal