Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2019, 10:24 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,578,158 times

Advertisements

Ancient Flying Saucers

I was reading thru some of these earlier and its just amazing how consistent many of the details are, compared to todays reports!

Id like to find more information about the reported landing in AD 150, where the Roman Army saw an occupant emerge that 'looked like a maiden clad in white'. Unfortunately, I cannot find anything else, surely they must have done something, like attempt to communicate with this maiden, or record what she did after..? Did she just walk out, look around and go back onboard? Did she walk into town? Who knows?

I also found the description of a craft with all sorts of missiles and shields, that arose into the sky with the sound of clashing metal...that sounds alot like a military helicopter! (time travel??) LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2019, 08:45 PM

840 posts, read 759,173 times
I just started watching the Ancient Aliens series and it's pretty mind boggling.

Old 06-26-2019, 07:49 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,869,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by october2007 View Post
I just started watching the Ancient Aliens series and it's pretty mind boggling.
Yeah, I’ve become hocked on Ancient Aliens as well, along with several other shows on the History & Travel channels.

Old 07-12-2019, 10:47 PM

2,163 posts, read 1,549,013 times
I wish I could remember where I read it but there's an ancient Chinese story about a strange sort of boat or floating capsule that appeared on a coast somewhere one day and a regal-looking woman wearing oddly-textured clothing emerged. She was said to have some sort of strange bread-like food with her, I recall. They simply let her sail off into the mist, apparently.

Even if these stories are BS you gotta wonder from whence they originated. Who would think, "Hey, let's write down some random crap about random unbelievable stuff just so future generations can...I dunno."

EDIT: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utsuro-bune

Old 07-12-2019, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobCaldwell View Post
I wish I could remember where I read it but there's an ancient Chinese story about a strange sort of boat or floating capsule that appeared on a coast somewhere one day and a regal-looking woman wearing oddly-textured clothing emerged. She was said to have some sort of strange bread-like food with her, I recall. They simply let her sail off into the mist, apparently.

Even if these stories are BS you gotta wonder from whence they originated. Who would think, "Hey, let's write down some random crap about random unbelievable stuff just so future generations can...I dunno."

EDIT: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utsuro-bune
What I find most strange and unsettling about all these older reports, they were coming from all over the place, and this was at a time when communication between far off places was no existent or very difficult, so that adds to their credibility I would say, its not like the people just heard a story online and decided to do their own hoax!

They probably thought they were the only ones experiencing these things.

Old 07-13-2019, 03:05 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,937,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobCaldwell View Post
Jacques Vallee pointed out that the offering of bread or pancakes is a recurring theme in close encounters - both with aliens and inhabitants of the faerie realm:

https://mysteriousuniverse.org/2015/...rom-the-stars/

Old 07-13-2019, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
Jacques Vallee pointed out that the offering of bread or pancakes is a recurring theme in close encounters - both with aliens and inhabitants of the faerie realm:

https://mysteriousuniverse.org/2015/...rom-the-stars/
I believe a case like this happened in the 60s and 70s and the person was given some kind of pancake, they did testing on it, and it turned out to be just a normal pancake, (nothing significant or strange about it).

It seems like I read something from the Russian Orthodox church, it was about their theories on UFos and aliens, but they went into detail explaining why things like this were done, it was something that had to do with the time period when encounters like this were common (UFO occupant and human witness engaging each other), but I cannot remember where I found that piece at, If i remember it accurately, it seemed to make good sense in their explanation, I will try to find it again tomorrow.

Old 07-14-2019, 09:25 AM

17,338 posts, read 11,262,503 times
One of the things or theories I find most interesting is the thought that the Greek gods were actually physical beings, aliens that looked human and came to earth and found the Greeks, the most civilized of people of that time on earth. The Greeks in turn believed them to be gods and worshiped them.
There is an episode of the original Star Trek from the late 60s that proposed the same theory where the crew of the Enterprise found Apollo living on a distant planet.

Old 07-14-2019, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
One of the things or theories I find most interesting is the thought that the Greek gods were actually physical beings, aliens that looked human and came to earth and found the Greeks, the most civilized of people of that time on earth. The Greeks in turn believed them to be gods and worshiped them.
There is an episode of the original Star Trek from the late 60s that proposed the same theory where the crew of the Enterprise found Apollo living on a distant planet.
The Sumerians also had gods/kings, that were not from this planet, that they worshiped and obeyed.

Old 07-14-2019, 08:39 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,937,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
It seems like I read something from the Russian Orthodox church, it was about their theories on UFos and aliens, but they went into detail explaining why things like this were done, it was something that had to do with the time period when encounters like this were common (UFO occupant and human witness engaging each other), but I cannot remember where I found that piece at, If i remember it accurately, it seemed to make good sense in their explanation, I will try to find it again tomorrow.
The original is in Orthodoxy and the Religion of the Future, by Fr. Seraphim Rose. He discusses Jacques Vallee's hypotheses - I think that's what you're referring to. Fr. Rose was a hieromonk (priest-monk) in the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia jurisdiction (ROCOR).

Quote:
I believe a case like this happened in the 60s and 70s and the person was given some kind of pancake, they did testing on it, and it turned out to be just a normal pancake, (nothing significant or strange about it).
Yes, there's an article on this somewhere that has a picture of one of the pancakes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal