Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2019, 02:02 AM

3,393 posts, read 5,279,234 times

Advertisements

Moved into a new house a couple years ago and there's a long walkway that connects the front yard to the back yard, where I think there might be some paranormal activity. Many times when I let my dogs out of the house, they run to this particular area and bark as if there is somebody there. 99% of the time, nobody is there (nobody out in the front yard, no neighbors walking by, etc.) I assumed it might be squirrels or birds in trees but, when the dogs bark, they have terror/fear on their faces and they are barking directly at the fence. The times I have gone to check it out, there's nothing there, it is totally silent/still.

The other night while I was preparing to throw out the trash, I popped open the wooden gate about halfway and went to retrieve the garbage cans. All of a sudden, the gate mysteriously slammed shut, hard! Normally the gate is hard to close and I have to use strength to open, close, and *** the latch/lock. For this gate to move and lock itself, it takes alot of force. As a strong, muscled dude, even I would have to push the thing very hard for the gate to move the way it did. Bottom line, I am chalking it up to paranormal activity. My question is, why is this force here? There have been other events too that involved my TV shutting off or turning on by itself. Other unexplained events have occurred in this new place. There's a weird force or something around my new neighborhood. There are railroad tracks nearby where people have been known to jump in front of trains. So wondering if their spirits sort of wander around the hood? This area used to be farmland, decades ago, from what I understand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2019, 03:42 AM

56 posts, read 66,983 times
Oh wow hectic,

well I've had several similar situations so I did some learning on Youtube and people who are "spiritual teachers" what I was told is not to be afraid to communicate with those spirits, its tricky if its outside in the yard Id say cause I had a entity in my old apartment threw some pure salt around whenever I felt a weird presence and communicate just like :

"hey I really enjoy my peace, if you are here to do no good please could you kindly leave"

or alternatively you could redirect the force

"go home the ones who love and care for you need you, there's nothing for you here"

from what I've heard some people even go as far as to redirect entities to their enemies i.e.;

"go to such and such address and find so and so"

I prefer option 1 hahah for me it has worked to communicate and not be afraid Ive heard some of those entities purely thrive and live off human fear (not sure how true that is).... oh well hope I helped!

Last edited by DDmenen; 07-12-2019 at 03:46 AM.. Reason: grammetical error

Old 07-12-2019, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDmenen View Post
Oh wow hectic,

well I've had several similar situations so I did some learning on Youtube and people who are "spiritual teachers" what I was told is not to be afraid to communicate with those spirits, its tricky if its outside in the yard Id say cause I had a entity in my old apartment threw some pure salt around whenever I felt a weird presence and communicate just like :

"hey I really enjoy my peace, if you are here to do no good please could you kindly leave"

or alternatively you could redirect the force

"go home the ones who love and care for you need you, there's nothing for you here"

from what I've heard some people even go as far as to redirect entities to their enemies i.e.;

"go to such and such address and find so and so"

I prefer option 1 hahah for me it has worked to communicate and not be afraid Ive heard some of those entities purely thrive and live off human fear (not sure how true that is).... oh well hope I helped!

Far out! I do not think I want to communicate with any force because they might stick around, trying to get me to do their deeds. A day or two before my gate slamming incident, that same gate was would not open. I had to go completely around the house to the other side of the gate and saw that there were rocks and mounds of dirt that jammed it shut. That is very unusual and I thought some roaming fool did it just for jokes. That particular area is not landscaped. Then the following night the slamming incident happened. Spirits are really funking with that little gated area for some unknown reason. I just wanted to know WHY they or it tries to get my attention.

Last edited by Jay100; 07-12-2019 at 09:08 AM..

Old 07-12-2019, 10:57 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay100 View Post
Far out! I do not think I want to communicate with any force because they might stick around, trying to get me to do their deeds. A day or two before my gate slamming incident, that same gate was would not open. I had to go completely around the house to the other side of the gate and saw that there were rocks and mounds of dirt that jammed it shut. That is very unusual and I thought some roaming fool did it just for jokes. That particular area is not landscaped. Then the following night the slamming incident happened. Spirits are really funking with that little gated area for some unknown reason. I just wanted to know WHY they or it tries to get my attention.
Who knows why they are doing these things, it may not even be something we could understand.

I think its important to keep in mind, generally, this is about the extent of what these things can do (make a bunch of noise, play some random tricks, etc.) Its not like they are going to pick up a shovel and wack your head with it one night!

I knew someone who had some experiences in their home with an invisible entity, that was making all sorts of noise, banging cabinet doors, knocking loudly on doors, etc. he just ignored most of it and told it, if thats all it could do, to stop wasting his time, I think he mentioned that he was not impressed as well...I dont think he had any problems after that.

Old 07-13-2019, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Who knows why they are doing these things, it may not even be something we could understand.

I think its important to keep in mind, generally, this is about the extent of what these things can do (make a bunch of noise, play some random tricks, etc.) Its not like they are going to pick up a shovel and wack your head with it one night!

I knew someone who had some experiences in their home with an invisible entity, that was making all sorts of noise, banging cabinet doors, knocking loudly on doors, etc. he just ignored most of it and told it, if thats all it could do, to stop wasting his time, I think he mentioned that he was not impressed as well...I dont think he had any problems after that.

I respectfully disagree about the force not having any physical power. If the spirit/force can slam gates shut and moves rocks+dirt, and possess other people to jump in front of trains,etc., the spirits can easily pick something up and send it my way or cause some other accident--depending how mean they are.

To be sure, I am going to check my security cameras to make sure it wasn't just some dam fool or burglar out there messing with my gate. But given my 3 dog's persistently negative reactions to that section of my yard, I'm sure there's a bad spirit roaming around there.

Old 07-13-2019, 12:49 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
Quote:
I respectfully disagree about the force not having any physical power. If the spirit/force can slam gates shut and moves rocks+dirt, and possess other people to jump in front of trains,etc., the spirits can easily pick something up and send it my way or cause some other accident--depending how mean they are.

To be sure, I am going to check my security cameras to make sure it wasn't just some dam fool or burglar out there messing with my gate. But given my 3 dog's persistently negative reactions to that section of my yard, I'm sure there's a bad spirit roaming around there.
Why isnt there numerous reports of people being injured by these things then?

Im not claiming to be able to explain it, only that it doesnt appear like they have the ability to do physical harm, even though they can move tangible objects.

Old 07-13-2019, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Why isnt there numerous reports of people being injured by these things then?

Im not claiming to be able to explain it, only that it doesnt appear like they have the ability to do physical harm, even though they can move tangible objects.

Who you gonna call, ghostbusters? Can't report or make an arrest on something you can't see. Heck I was close to being injured by the slamming gate. Would I have called the cops? Nope. Therefore no "reports."

Old 07-13-2019, 08:01 AM

1,142 posts, read 1,143,215 times
[quote=Jay100;55656907]

To be sure, I am going to check my security cameras to make sure it wasn't just some dam fool or burglar out there messing with my gate. But given my 3 dog's persistently negative reactions to that section of my yard, I'm sure there's a bad spirit roaming around there.[/QUOTE

Do your dogs react differently near that gate? Dogs can make out the presence of spirits.

Old 07-13-2019, 01:52 PM

[quote=nirvana07;55658132]
Quote:

To be sure, I am going to check my security cameras to make sure it wasn't just some dam fool or burglar out there messing with my gate. But given my 3 dog's persistently negative reactions to that section of my yard, I'm sure there's a bad spirit roaming around there.[/QUOTE

Do your dogs react differently near that gate? Dogs can make out the presence of spirits.

Yes, always bark and stare at the gated area. Sometimes they will coil back and sometimes they'll go on the attack but, there's almost never anybody there.

Old 07-13-2019, 07:06 PM

32,936 posts, read 36,359,395 times
I like the direct approach. I would tell him that you don't appreciate having your dogs frightened and that he should go somewhere else and find something better to do.

I wasn't that polite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal