Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2019, 10:55 PM

2,163 posts, read 1,550,553 times

Advertisements

I don't know why I do it but I pass the wee hours at work reading Charles Fort stuff and other recorded instances of paranormal activity. I don't necessarily believe most of it but as a kid I devoured this stuff, truly ate it all up. I recall a few things I saw as a kid but as an adult I chalk it up to things my young mind dreamt or saw on TV and thought was real. One was a fur-covered hand reaching out from between the wood paneling in a hole in a wall.

I read a particularly horrifying story that the teller describes as an actual childhood memory. Long story short he can't sleep and ends up in bed between his parents, where he finally dozes off. He wakes up to a dark room--his folks still sleeping--but somehow a newscast is being projected onto the wall. He didn't remember what was said, just a typical newscast but not on the TV, on the wall, as if from a projector. The one thing he recalls was at the end when the newscaster says, '...and now, the penguin.'

At this point he says the bedroom door opens and in waddles a man-sized penguin who approaches the bed and threatens to eat the boy. His parents slept through this, apparently.

The story was posted via a third party remembering hearing it but he left it hanging and I never got what happened next. This was obviously a very bad dream--similar dreams/stories involved the Muppets becoming menacing and talking directly to a child from the TV set, by name--but I wonder how many of us had some odd experience or encounter like this? Sinister 'imaginary friends', things in the closet, et cetera?
As a kid I swore I saw that furry hand--among a few other things--but I realize now that was impossible. How many of us had our imaginations make us question reality as children?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2019, 06:23 PM

6,948 posts, read 6,874,954 times
Yes, of course, kids have very active imaginations and if they have an interest in stuff then that will likely come up in dreams and daydreams etc. I had a period when I was convinced there were bears at the bottom of my bed and I was scared of the dark for years.

However, I believe there are many true stories of abductions and I also think you might be interested in David Jacobs alien abduction books and read up on MILAB and MKULTRA stuff. The other person's large penguin story particularly sounds like it might be a cover memory - something which is placed there to cover over what really happened.

It is said, if someone has a family history of military service - father/grandfather/etc than the kids of these people are often the ones who are taken and programmed.

Generally, people who have had very strange things happening in their lives need to ask themselves if they have missing time episodes, bruises and marks appearing overnight, nosebleeds, etc.

Old 07-25-2019, 06:54 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,334,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Yes, of course, kids have very active imaginations and if they have an interest in stuff then that will likely come up in dreams and daydreams etc.
Heck, I know some adults over my lifetime that have a very active imagination, including many on C-D!

Old 07-26-2019, 02:26 PM

4,481 posts, read 3,640,250 times
When my family and I were leaving an amusement park around 8:00 at night, I thought I saw a foot tall gray little man, smirk at me and then disappear under a car. I hurried ahead for a better look, but he was gone. My family just laughed and thought I was nuts! I was around 8 or 9 years old.

Old 07-26-2019, 02:28 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,676,363 times
When I was around 5-7 years old, I was coming back from a swim down the creek, when I saw something that looked like a really long pair of dog hind legs with a small head on top, running down the creek towards me. I remember running through the forest back to the house in fright.

I can't remember what I thought immediately afterwards, but sometime in my teens, decided it was an optical illusion of some sort (had a fairly active imagination as a child)- It was definitely something though, and I've long been curious as to what it was.

Old 07-26-2019, 07:40 PM

2,163 posts, read 1,550,553 times
Stories like this intrigue me. EVERY story can't be a lie. I don't believe every UFO witness is hallucinating. Some people really did experience something weird. I can say I don't believe in whatever but at the end of the day I don't know.

One other weird thing I remember as a small child was getting my hair washed by one of my then-teenaged aunts. As we were in the bathroom drying my head off her reflection in the mirror was just standing there with her arms folded looking me in the eye and smiling while in actuality she was vigorously scrubbing my head (this was the mid 70's, I had an ample afro).

Old 07-26-2019, 08:53 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
When I was around 5-7 years old, I was coming back from a swim down the creek, when I saw something that looked like a really long pair of dog hind legs with a small head on top, running down the creek towards me. I remember running through the forest back to the house in fright.

I can't remember what I thought immediately afterwards, but sometime in my teens, decided it was an optical illusion of some sort (had a fairly active imagination as a child)- It was definitely something though, and I've long been curious as to what it was.
There are PLENTY of sightings exactly like that in the upper mid west states, WI, MI are the hotspots for 'dogman' sightings.

Some of the reports are absolutely fascinating to read, they go back to the early 1900s.

Old 07-26-2019, 08:58 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Praline View Post
When my family and I were leaving an amusement park around 8:00 at night, I thought I saw a foot tall gray little man, smirk at me and then disappear under a car. I hurried ahead for a better look, but he was gone. My family just laughed and thought I was nuts! I was around 8 or 9 years old.
Just like the above post (about the Dogman sighting), Ive read numerous reports of these type too, again, they are pretty close to what you described, quick glimpses of little people, like elves or dwarfs, or something.

One strange aspect to these (and the Dogmen sightings), unlike many other 'mysterious unknown sightings of things', these 2 generally ONLY happen in a few specific areas. I think that adds a degree of credibility to the sightings...if it was people/kids, just making stuff up or thinking they saw something like this...it would happen everywhere (not just a few specific regions).

Old 07-26-2019, 09:33 PM

6,948 posts, read 6,874,954 times
I really think there is so much more going on in our reality than we realise.

You only have to look at all the stuff which is reported, to understand there are probably holes in dimensions and time through which other beings can come and go.

Unfortunately we will probably never know for certain while we are still alive but there are clues for everyone to see if they are open to these things happening. So many people will not believe the more bizarre events reported until they themselves have a personal encounter with something. Then they either start believing or they put it down to coincidence and thereafter deny it ever happened.

I also believe there are areas of Earth which are more likely to produce these phenomena where the veil is thinner or where the energy is just right to produce these events. I think the mind is like a tunable radio which sometimes picks up unusual stuff and at other times cannot. All this is fed through our brain to our senses and we subsequently report these things we sense/see/feel. Personally, I am still learning how wonderful our world is and how amazing our bodies and minds are at detecting different phenomena.

Old 07-27-2019, 12:32 AM

9,511 posts, read 6,103,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
It is said, if someone has a family history of military service - father/grandfather/etc than the kids of these people are often the ones who are taken and programmed.

Generally, people who have had very strange things happening in their lives need to ask themselves if they have missing time episodes, bruises and marks appearing overnight, nosebleeds, etc.
When I was 14 years old we went camping at Mesa Verde; the famous cliff dwellings of the missing Anasazi. When it was discovered, supposedly they found pottery bowls with utensils sitting on tables, personal belongings still in place, etc ... Over 1,200 people just vanished without a trace.

It is a popular site for those interested in ‘vortexes’ (whatever that means).

I was asleep in a tent with my sister & parents when I opened my eyes, very wide awake. My parents had been worried about the trip; I sleepwalk when I sleep outdoors & only when I sleep outdoors. On a prior trip, they had woken in the middle of the night to find me missing.

I was found standing stone still on a steep riverbank in the full moon, with a smile on my face but I have no recollection of this at all.

So anyway, I opened my eyes, very wide awake, to see the tree tops silhouette against the full moon. I felt the cool air all over my body & realized suddenly that I was actually in the air, above the tent & at the level of the tree tops.

I started screaming ‘Help I’m up here Mom! Dad!’ & then I heard my mom’s sleepy voice saying ‘Your not outside, open your eyes!’ And then ... I was back in my sleeping bag, looking at the moon through a zipper window.

I’m at a loss to explain. Maybe a pre-sleep-walk fugue?

I was born in Japan during the Vietnam war. My dad was stationed at Fuchu Pacific command. Top secret clearance. After we came to the US, he was based out of the Pentagon. Retired as a Colonel. Our family would periodically be under surveillance by the government, as is standard for those in his position.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal